Comrade Dumb insists his unproven claims don't hurt his cred

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah, the idiot really believes that he can say whatever he wants and people will believe him because he is president. Well, illiterates like many on the Board will believe him, but the polls clearly show the American People as a whole are getting fed up with him.

'I'm president and you're not': Trump sticks to his unsubstantiated claims in Time interview

Here are some of Trump's other assertions from the interview:

• Trump stuck by his unsubstantiated accusation that the Obama administration wiretapped him ahead of the 2016 election, even after FBI Director James Comey said he and the Department of Justice had "no information" to support it. He cited House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Devin Nunes' unusual Wednesday announcement that U.S. intelligence officials "incidentally collected" information about Trump transition team members during "normal" surveillance of foreign targets. Even though Nunes went out of his way to say Trump Tower was never wiretapped, as the president alleged, Trump said the congressman's statement "means I'm right."
  • Trump alleged on Twitter in November that "millions of people voted illegally," but no evidence has yet surfaced to back that claim. He told Time he meant that people "mostly register wrong." The White House has pointed to outdated voter rolls in which people are registered in more than one state, but that is not illegal unless those voters actually cast more than one ballot.

Trump is probably right. He is not going to gain credibility with the left ever. The right will grin and bear it, because the alternative was so repulsive.

If the birther thing is any indication, Trump won't confess for many many years.

"Trump was right!" is what they say everyone they are trying to Trumpsplain away the lies Trump tell. That's why wire tap now means any surveillance and Trump Tower means anywhere else.

Hahaha. A little early to declare these things as hurting his cred. While he hasn't offered evidence to prove the wiretap claim or the millions of illegal voters, nobody's disproven them either. I get that unproven claims can't be treated as true, but citing Trump's lack of evidence as undisputable proof dishonesty or Comey's claim as absolute fact is equally stupid. All any of us have to work with are unsubstantiated claims, so acting as though you've got the correct answers is arrogant as shit no matter what side of these issues you find most compelling.

"Trump was right!" is what they say everyone they are trying to Trumpsplain away the lies Trump tell. That's why wire tap now means any surveillance and Trump Tower means anywhere else.
"Wire tap" indicates illegal surveillance, that is why he said it.

There isn't a modern term for it yet.

• Banned
Hahaha. A little early to declare these things as hurting his cred. While he hasn't offered evidence to prove the wiretap claim or the millions of illegal voters, nobody's disproven them either. I get that unproven claims can't be treated as true, but citing Trump's lack of evidence as undisputable proof dishonesty or Comey's claim as absolute fact is equally stupid. All any of us have to work with are unsubstantiated claims, so acting as though you've got the correct answers is arrogant as shit no matter what side of these issues you find most compelling.
Oh, 37% popularity rating puts shit to your comment on cred.

Once he goes below 30%, then Pence and Mattis and Tillerson and McMaster and Ryan will go after him.

Once he goes below 30%, then Pence and Mattis and Tillerson and McMaster and Ryan will go after him.
Democrats are consistently below 30% approval year after year.

When are they going to close up shop?

Oh, shit, Trump's poor approval ratings are due to Comey's statement and his accusal of Obama? That's funny, I feel like there were roughly 2 years of negative press leading up to those 2 events. Fuck me, I must have imagined it all.

And when he said tap his phone he was referring to surveillance of things in general and "phone" cover a broad spectrum :bs1:

And when he said tap his phone he was referring to surveillance of things in general and "phone" cover a broad spectrum :bs1:
Wire tap indicates that you literally tapped wires.

That is no longer possible in the wireless 21st century.

And the pubs are lower.

Oh, shit, Trump's poor approval ratings are due to Comey's statement and his accusal of Obama? That's funny, I feel like there were roughly 2 years of negative press leading up to those 2 events. Fuck me, I must have imagined it all.
You imagine that you understand.

That is you first mistake.

Trump's poor approval ratings is all his own doing.

And the pubs are lower.
Only because Republicans suck at sticking it to Democrats.

Amnesty support is treason.

Yeah, the idiot really believes that he can say whatever he wants and people will believe him because he is president. Well, illiterates like many on the Board will believe him, but the polls clearly show the American People as a whole are getting fed up with him.

'I'm president and you're not': Trump sticks to his unsubstantiated claims in Time interview

Here are some of Trump's other assertions from the interview:

• Trump stuck by his unsubstantiated accusation that the Obama administration wiretapped him ahead of the 2016 election, even after FBI Director James Comey said he and the Department of Justice had "no information" to support it. He cited House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Devin Nunes' unusual Wednesday announcement that U.S. intelligence officials "incidentally collected" information about Trump transition team members during "normal" surveillance of foreign targets. Even though Nunes went out of his way to say Trump Tower was never wiretapped, as the president alleged, Trump said the congressman's statement "means I'm right."
  • Trump alleged on Twitter in November that "millions of people voted illegally," but no evidence has yet surfaced to back that claim. He told Time he meant that people "mostly register wrong." The White House has pointed to outdated voter rolls in which people are registered in more than one state, but that is not illegal unless those voters actually cast more than one ballot.
You can't destroy your credibility if you have none to begin with it

Forum List

Back