Comparing Robert Bork To Obama’s Eventual Nominee

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Flanders, Feb 15, 2016.

1. the_human_being

the_human_being Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,002
    S. Res 334 states that it was “the sense of the Senate that the president should not make recess appointments to the Supreme Court, except to prevent or end a breakdown in the administration of the Court’s business.” The resolution obviously was meant to stop another recess appointment by President Dwight Eisenhower. But it also established the unwritten rule that presidents shouldn’t nominate judges to the court in their final year, except in the most dire of circumstances.

Read more: http://ihavethetruth.com/2016/02/21/the-55-year-old-senate-secret-that-could-prevent-obama-from-forcing-a-supreme-court-nomination/#ixzz40q0MM1w1

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    Rubio attacks Donald Trump because he dare not attack Ted Cruz on foreign policy.

Ted Cruz will defend the Constitution. That includes defending America’s sovereignty —— ALL OF IT NOT JUST SOME OF IT. Marco Rubio dare not make the same claim if he wants to hang on to the media and establishment Republicans. If he ever told voters how he stands on surrendering “some” of America’s sovereignty to the United Nations —— as will Hillary Clinton —— those voters he snows under would drop him like a used condom:

On Sunday’s “Fox and Friends” on Fox News Channel, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said in an interview that fellow GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump “really needs to step up and outline his foreign policy vision.”

Rubio also said the GOP front-runner cannot just rely on “experts he won’t name” when it comes to foreign policy.

“I think Donald, now that the race has narrowed, really needs to step up and outline his foreign policy vision,” Rubio said. “And it can’t be that he relies on experts he won’t name. I mean, presidents have to know on day one about the difficult issues that confront this country on the global stage. And presidents have to be uniters.”

Rubio: Trump ‘Really Needs to Step Up’ on Foreign Policy
    by Trent Baker
    22 Feb 2016

Rubio: Trump 'Really Needs to Step Up' on Foreign Policy - Breitbart

You can listen to Rubio’s clever misdirection in the video, or read the transcript:

http://www.cfr.org/united-states/marco-rubios-foreign-policy-vision/p36511

Rubio talks about foreign policy without saying anything. His remarks are designed to win over the power and the money that have been betraying this country since the Council on Foreign Relation was founded in 1921.

Rubio’s touchy-feely crapola is a variation of the same platitudes everybody else recites by rote. His attacks on the sewer rat are a joke because they are both global government internationalists.

Rubio’s comments about a strong military sound good, but his foreign policies will end with Americans fighting for the United Nations. That is no different than Taqiyya the Liar or Hillary Clinton. That has been the federal government’s goal since the UN opened for business.

Nothing changes when Rubio stops talking. He is still in favor of amnesty for illegals, taking in United Nations refugees and permanent open-borders.

3. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    Here it comes again: Republicans and Conservatives have to vote together!

I cite Rubio in the following excerpt. No matter. Line up every establishment Republican with Democrats and they are so close a sunbeam could not slip through.

I do not often disagree with American Thinker articles. This one is a glaring exception:

The Republican Party and the conservative movement are in the midst of a very uncivil war. Stop it! Stop it now! I don’t care who is to blame. Because as sure as half my readers will mentally accuse me of all sorts of terrible things, we can look forward to a four year dark age ruled by the Clinton crime family. Go Donald, Ted, or Marco---or John or Ben, or someone else. One of you had better be able to unite us or, once we sober up, we will never forgive you -- even if it is our own fault.

True conservatism is in danger of being destroyed by needless disputes over the cancerous issue of illegal immigration.

March 5, 2016
    Time to End the Conservative Circular Firing Squad on ‘Amnesty’
    By Mike Razar

Articles: Time to End the Conservative Circular Firing Squad on ‘Amnesty’

There is a full-court press in progress aimed at convincing conservatives they will get a Democrat if it they do not vote for the Republican. That party line was worn-out when they tried it for McCain, and Romney. It ain’t going to work this time either.

Speaking for myself, I will not vote for a Republican who will double-cross conservatives again. Bush the Younger is the poster boy for the Establishment. He did absolutely nothing for conservatives in eight years. He had the Congress for several of those years yet did not shutdown one unnecessary DEMOCRAT PARTY bureaucracy. He increased the number of federal employee.

Veto is one of the few powers a president has over Congress. Apparently, Bush never heard this:

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones. Calvin Coolidge

With the exception of Stem Cell Research, Bush signed everything the Democrats wanted. Here is one of his “bipartisan” double-crosses:

Bush Education Bill Becomes Ted Kennedy Bill — Bob Novak tells what happened.

Bush Education Bill Becomes Ted Kennedy Bill

The Department of Homeland Security was his biggest failure on a long list of failures because he did not have the guts to veto it. DHS has since grown into a Frankenstein monster controlled by Democrats.

NOTE: Bush the Younger had one saving grace. He took the fight to Muslim territory in Iraq. Democrats have been reversing it ever since. (Republicans never reverse anything Democrats do to the country.)

Finally, I do not give a rat’s ass for the aforementioned full-court press. As far as I am concerned, it is better to increase hatred for a Democrat president than it is to blame myself for being stupid enough to vote for a Karl Rove Republican.

At some point Democrat party ideology must come tumbling down. It ain’t going to happen with a McCain, a Romney, a Rubio, a Bush, a Christie, or a Kasich.

[​IMG]
    http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg030416dAPR20160304024531.jpg

Donald Trump is not looking any better. I have not heard him promise anything that will hasten liberalism’s end. Trump simply beating Hillary Clinton is not good enough for me. Any Republican asshole can beat her —— with conservative votes in the bank. Take this to the bank as well —— he ain’t getting mine.

This cartoon pretty much sums up an establishment Republican listening to conservatives about anything:

[​IMG]
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ca...e_wilkinson_current_cartoon_2016-03-05_5_.jpg

4. Steven_R

Steven_R Tommy Vercetti Fan Club

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,461
    This was my only problem with Bork. If he had any integrity at all, he would have followed Richardson's and Ruckelshaus' examples and told Nixon no and gladly been fired. But instead, he just did what he was told.

It would have been something if Nixon ended up firing the entire DoJ because he couldn't find anyone to do the dirty work of firing Cox, but with men like Bork in DC, hewould have always found someone.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,336
    Loretta Lynch asks not to be considered for Supreme Court vacancy...

Attorney General Lynch asks not to be considered for Supreme Court vacancy
    Tue Mar 8, 2016 - U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch asked not to be considered as a nominee to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia last month, the Justice Department said on Tuesday.

6. Searcher44

Searcher44 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +647
    You'd better refresh your civics. You just failed Question #1 on Article 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Muhammed

Muhammed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,880
    Article 1 is about the Legislative branch. It says that the VP is the president of the Senate.

8. Searcher44

Searcher44 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +647

Yes it does, but the question is "Who are the members of the legislative branch?" If you read Article l thoroughly it lays out the composition, a Senate and it's powers and duties, House of Representatives, it's powers and duties. It tells how these members of the legislature are selected and the qualifications necessary to make them eligible for their particular offices. (Some amendments will happen later). But the only mention of the V.P. is his duty to preside over the Senate "but (he) shall have no vote unless they be equally divided." No mention anywhere of any mechanism by which he becomes an actual member of either body, and the very next clause states "The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the Absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States." This indicates his affiliation with the Executive Branch, which when you read on to Article ll will be reconfirmed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Muhammed

Muhammed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,880
    You're fucking really dumb. The VP is the President of the Senate. That means he is a member of the legislative branch.

Fucking dumbass.

10. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,092
    Thank you.

I did that and, y'know....there's not a word in there about breaking anyone's heart.

Also not a word concerning whether a plagiarizing idiot might be in any way ineligible for either the vice presidency or The Supreme Court.

Maybe you have an earlier edition - a draft that the party somehow failed to get enacted?

• Agree Agree x 1