"Comparative Effectiveness Center" in Reconciliation bill - oh you mean rationing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Neotrotsky, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Neotrotsky

Neotrotsky Council to Supreme Soviet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350
    "Comparative Effectiveness Center" in Reconciliation bill - oh you mean rationing

Tip: HotAir

Page 1557 has the Comparative Effectiveness Center:

http://budget.house.gov/doc-library/...iation2010.PDF

(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall establish within the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality a Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research (in this section referred to as the ‘Center’) to conduct, support, and synthesize research (including research conducted or supported under section 1013 of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003) with respect to the outcomes, effectiveness, and appropriateness of health care services and procedures in order to identify the manner in which diseases, disorders, and other health conditions can most effectively and appropriately be prevented, diagnosed, treated, and managed clinically.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(i) DIVERSE REPRESENTATION OF PERSPECTIVES.—The members of the Commission shall represent a broad range of perspectives and shall collectively have experience in the following areas:

(I) Epidemiology.
    (II) Health services research.
    (III) Bioethics.
    (IV) Decision sciences.
    (V) Health disparities.
    (VI) Economics.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is “comparative effectiveness”? It’s a system of rationing scarce resources, and it has everything to do with economics.

Oh of course, Professor Altman in front of the Senate Finance Committee hearings on health-care reform summed it up well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsx_QILgzjc]YouTube - Health Policy Professor Discusses The 'Cost-Benefit' Of Elderly Recieving Federal Healthcare[/ame]

Comrades,

I believe that our Most Great Leader, Papa Obama said it best when it comes to health care rationing and saving money- "take a pill"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

See:

A possible way the Comparative Effectiveness Center [Death Panels} might work ?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. sarahgop

sarahgop Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,699
    govt care means deathcare.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,299
  4. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,178

Sure does, it's also against the tenth and so being illigal in this country. The federal government has no right to control peoples lifes.

5. Neotrotsky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350

You know what else is weird

Canadian Premier Williams goes to US to have heart surgery

He said:

“This was my heart, my choice and my health,” Williams said. ”I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”
    :eusa_whistle:

6. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,178
    I wonder where he will go after we have Canada's like healthcare system. No where to run for help anymore after they destroy America's healthcare system that probally saved his life. .:cuckoo:

7. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,178
    The federal government was never given the power to do this in the first place. It has no right to control peoples lifes under the 10th's.

8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Well, you can go to Singapore, Costa Rica, and many other countries that have excellant doctors and facilities. These same countries have universal health care, also.

The level of ignorance demonstrated by those opposing fixing our broken health care system is truly amazing. Virtually all the nations with universal health care have better longevity and infant mortality stats than we do, yet they continue to insist ours is a better system. And we pay nearly twice as much per capita, and fail to cover tens of millions of our citizens.

9. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Bullshit.

Preamble
    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

10. Neotrotsky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350

Using your logic, then why even have a Constitution? Since the gov't can do anything it wants

The constitution is a document meant to LIMIT gov't power not enhance. Which is why it spends so much time telling us what the gov't CAN'T do

It does not find ways to increase it.

As such, promoting general welfare would mean making sure the gov't is not intruding into the lives of the people

Keep the Pelosi talking points to yourself.
    Let me guess, you think the "commerce clause" gives the Federal gov't the right as well?
    :lol:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010