Communist Indoctrination

Oregon State is a university-you are not mandated to attend university (if this was a high school it would be very different). For the record I think it's dumb that they're making new students take this class...but the rhetoric of the big bad liberals teaching Communism is schools is laughable (at least at my school).

So what are they teaching? Be specific.

I teach students grammar, how to write, how to improve their syntax, how to comprehend what they read. Why do you think I teach communism to my students? Hell I even have a lesson undo where my students have to read the bill of rights, select one, and then explain why that bill is vital to our nation.

That's great.

Does your school include multiculturalism and diversity studies/training?

:lol:

Oregon State is a university-you are not mandated to attend university (if this was a high school it would be very different). For the record I think it's dumb that they're making new students take this class...but the rhetoric of the big bad liberals teaching Communism is schools is laughable (at least at my school).

I teach students grammar, how to write, how to improve their syntax, how to comprehend what they read. Why do you think I teach communism to my students? Hell I even have a lesson undo where my students have to read the bill of rights, select one, and then explain why that bill is vital to our nation.

That's great.

How do your students explain the 1st, 2nd, and 10th amendments?

As far as I know we don't have classes like you mentioned. My students have different views on the amendments (most of them pick the 1st but I allow them to choose any of the first 10). I don't grade them for what their view of the amendment is, I grade them based on how well they set up the argument. I keep my views completely out of it because it's not a part of my job. I'm all for gun ownership and against gun control, but if a kid writes an argument and includes all of the required arguments (claim, refutation, etc) and the writing is of a high quality they'll receive an "A". Likewise if a kid writes the assignment and is against gun control but doesn't really create an argument-I won't give them a good grade.

I once spent an entire unit having a class of 30 ELLs read, consider from multiple sources/points of view, discuss, research, and finally debate the 2nd Amendment. Most of these students had been in the US for less than two years, some less than six months.

That's great.

As far as I know we don't have classes like you mentioned. My students have different views on the amendments (most of them pick the 1st but I allow them to choose any of the first 10). I don't grade them for what their view of the amendment is, I grade them based on how well they set up the argument. I keep my views completely out of it because it's not a part of my job. I'm all for gun ownership and against gun control, but if a kid writes an argument and includes all of the required arguments (claim, refutation, etc) and the writing is of a high quality they'll receive an "A". Likewise if a kid writes the assignment and is against gun control but doesn't really create an argument-I won't give them a good grade.

So you care nothing for content, only structure.

Where do you see that?

Words have meaning. The 2nd Amendment, for example, says something quite concrete, confirmed by other writings of the founders. It is not mere opinion. To structure an argument based upon a subjective opinion of absolute fact is no more than an academic exercise better applied in studies of the uses of propaganda to alter societies.

I thought you rightwing kooks said reagan defeated communism, the 50's are over time to come out of the basement

We defeated your beloved USSR. Sadly greed, your desire to get something for nothing, still exists.

Now you, you're just gutter filth, the refuse of society. You're an ISIS loving troll who seeks nothing but to cause a reaction.

But Communism is alive and well, and fully in charge of the Khmer Rouge democrats.

Where do you see that?

Words have meaning. The 2nd Amendment, for example, says something quite concrete, confirmed by other writings of the founders. It is not mere opinion. To structure an argument based upon a subjective opinion of absolute fact is no more than an academic exercise better applied in studies of the uses of propaganda to alter societies.

Your attempts at appearing pedantic are just making you look like an ignorant block-head.

Where do you see that?

Your attempts at appearing pedantic are just making you look like an ignorant block-head.

Funny, that's what they said about Galileo.

That's great.

No the content can be interpreted in multiple ways (that's the whole point of having the judicial branch of government in the first place).

More importantly I make my students cite the content (aka the language of the amendments). Saying that the 2nd amendment didn't cover you from owning a rocket launcher is not a crazy notion.

Where do you see that?

Funny, that's what they said about Galileo.

No, it's not.

You literally need a brain.

You fucking cultists are easily as dangerous as ISIS.

Is ISIS dangerous because of Global Warming?

What does the US military say about that?

All of us serious Cultists think that double-entry accounting should be mandatory in high school. What would American life be like today if that had been done since the 1950s? Did Milton Friedman ever suggest that?

psik

It's not Communist, it's just social cohesion. The fact that the right demand that people are cohesive, ie if you're gay shut the fuck up and don't make a noise, if you're a woman be quiet and get back in the kitchen, if you're black go back to the plantation etc etc, it seems rather hypocritical to denounce people from trying the same thing, just in a different way.

Where do you see that?

The Second Amendment says you have the "right to bear arms", now the founding fathers said that "bear arms" was "render military service" and "militia duty", whereas the right say it mean "carry arms". Doesn't seem so concrete when the founding fathers disagree with you. Seeing as I've been telling people this FACT for years, and people on the right have been ignoring it for the whole time is rather telling.

Also, you have the "right to bear arms". How many arms? All arms? A limited amount of arms? One type of arms?

Does it give you the right to use a handgun in the militia? Does it give you the right to use a nuclear bomb in the militia?

It's not Communist, it's just social cohesion. The fact that the right demand that people are cohesive, ie if you're gay shut the fuck up and don't make a noise, if you're a woman be quiet and get back in the kitchen, if you're black go back to the plantation etc etc, it seems rather hypocritical to denounce people from trying the same thing, just in a different way.

It's nuevo-Communista, the current rendition of the same old shit the Left has been selling here since the 1920s.

The Second Amendment says you have the "right to bear arms", now the founding fathers said that "bear arms" was "render military service" and "militia duty", whereas the right say it mean "carry arms".

Documentation please.

Forum List

Back