Comey's choice — announce investigation himself or read about it in the papers:

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Shrillary and her minions attacking Comey, diverting from the damning contents of the information. Had it be leaked, they would've been left hanging, only able to accuse Russia “for stealing the information.”

An important part of their conclusion rests on the reasonable belief that "had Comey not made some kind of statement, the information would have leaked in a manner far more harmful to Clinton," and that there would have been more severe consequences "for the integrity and public trust of the institution he heads, the FBI."

More @ Leaks from the FBI are business as usual, so why did Comey go rogue?: Keith Boag

Dear longknife the liberal version of this story is the other FBI agents already leaked it.
So Comey had to formally announce it so it would not appear as a political conflict that he didn't.
Otherwise argue the liberal sources
the issues were not serious enough to merit public announcement,
it was only that the other agents leaked it out so Comey was forced to do so formally to avoid worse consequences.

The FBI isn't supposed to leak information. That's why the Hatch Act was passed.

The FBI isn't supposed to leak information. That's why the Hatch Act was passed.
What information was leaked?

Amazing how you dishonest fucks are trying so hard to criminalize Comey but don't give a damn about Hillary's extensive criminal dealings.
Rudy Giuliani Confirms FBI Insiders Leaked Information To The Trump Campaign | Huffington Post
I'm still waiting for the article that proves your claim. Hoffpo made an ASSumption.

Stop lying, leftists!

When I see something like "Shrillary", I just move along and seek an adult type of post.

Amazing how you dishonest fucks are trying so hard to criminalize Comey but don't give a damn about Hillary's extensive criminal dealings.
Rudy Giuliani Confirms FBI Insiders Leaked Information To The Trump Campaign | Huffington Post
I'm still waiting for the article that proves your claim. Hoffpo made an ASSumption.

Stop lying, leftists!

Watch this video. In the first couple of minutes he claims he hasn't talked to any active FBI agents, and then immediately says he talks to them all the time.
Wolf Blitzer catches Giuliani telling whoppers on FBI connection: ‘Aren’t they feeding you secret information?’

Stop lying, leftists!

Watch this video. In the first couple of minutes he claims he hasn't talked to any active FBI agents, and then immediately says he talks to them all the time.
Wolf Blitzer catches Giuliani telling whoppers on FBI connection: ‘Aren’t they feeding you secret information?’
Still waiting for the FBI leaking information to the Trump campaign. So far the sack is empty.

Forum List

Back