Come on People, Jail time for this guy?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, May 6, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ail06.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/05/06/ixhome.html

First of all, i don't know where the hype from the unattended luggage came from when on 9/11 they didnt seem to have any luggage. In fact most airport scares have been with hijacks, not luggage bombs.

Second of all, theres a distinct difference between a Portugese and an Arab. Granted they both probably had dark skin color but wouldnt the spanish accent and features give it away?

This is whats fucked up with the PC world. If it was an Arab that did this, would it have been treated as fanatically and if so would the left be up in arms about his incarceration? You damn right they would. We'd have the ACLU all over the police there to stop racail profiling arabs and continue their hunt for those dangerous Portugese Men or the 82 year Grandmom Terrorists.

On a side note, its good to see them treating things seriously when stuff like that happens. Its just dumb to see a guy arrested when nothing was found in his bag and he's not an Arab.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    seems mighty extreme, whats worrisome is that its an eventuality here as well.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    This is quite overboard. What he did was innocent and really something other people have probably done as well. I understand why the scare,but he doesn't deserve jail time-that is just too much.

4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Woweee.

Wonder what the penalty is for spending too much time in the crapper.

5. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Geez, what a crock. The guy screwed up and left his bag by accident. A simple slap on the wrist would've done. He doesn't need to do jail time.

acludem

6. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    "First of all, i don't know where the hype from the unattended luggage came from when on 9/11 they didnt seem to have any luggage. In fact most airport scares have been with hijacks, not luggage bombs. "

You think maybe the reason luggage bombs are so rare is because we're so picky about luggage security? Hmmmm.....

"Granted they both probably had dark skin color but wouldnt the Spanish accent and features give it away? "

Wouldn't he have a Portugese accent?

"If it was an Arab that did this, would it have been treated as fanatically and if so would the left be up in arms about his incarceration? "

Of course not. All liberals are out to give superior rights to Arabs, you finally figured us out, good job.

"We'd have the ACLU all over the police there to stop racail profiling arabs and continue their hunt for those dangerous Portugese Men or the 82 year Grandmom Terrorists."

And middle aged white men from Montana?

"Its just dumb to see a guy arrested when nothing was found in his bag and he's not an Arab."

Of course, everyone knows only Arabs are capable of committed terrorists acts. Arabs shouldn't even be allowed to fly.

Good thing for him he wasn't Arab, else I'm sure we wouldn't even have heard of him and he'd be spending the rest of his life at the Guantanamo Bay Concentration Camp.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yep. Cause you know evil america is the 4th Reich. I doubt your even an american with your attitude towards our military but then again, liberals these days deal less and less in truth and more and more in rhetoric and baseless accusations.

8. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

You said it not me.

Born and raised in and around Baton Rouge Louisiana.

What attitude would that be?

9. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hmm, to me that sounded like sarcasm. I thought it was funny if you ask me. But yeah, jail time? Thats a bit extreme. I mean, he left his bag there, oh my goodness!

10. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    He must have been at one of those airports where they don't announce over the PA every 90 seconds that you should not leave your bag unattended. Did he think they were joking? I mean come on, he's obviously doesn't care one bit about security procedures at airports, so screw him. And for crying out loud, its only 10 days, big deal. Sounds like the punishment fits the crime to me. Did they even bother to fine his ass for the tens of thousands, maybe a lot more, he costs the airport because he didn't give a damn about airport security?