Colorado, extreme weather event in progress

Oregon still holds the record for the most deaths in a flash flood without a dam involved. This was the flood that destroyed much of Heppner in 1903. At present, we, and most of the Western States, have far too many small dams that are in danger of being overtopped and the resultant flood doing the same for rural communities. Just to name one, Canyon Meadows Dam.

lol, a weather EVENT?

it's RAINING so this now an EVENT

MY GAWD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DROWN

Last edited:
lol, a weather EVENT?

Well Staph, indeed, some people have already drowned, or been killed by the floods. And, yes, when you get this much rain in a short period, it is an extreme weather event. One that is presently creating many millions of dollars in property and infrastructure damage. As well as causing deaths of some of our citizens.

At least 3 dead, thousands evacuated as Colorado flooding cuts off mountain towns | Fox News

lol, a weather EVENT?

Well Staph, indeed, some people have already drowned, or been killed by the floods. And, yes, when you get this much rain in a short period, it is an extreme weather event. One that is presently creating many millions of dollars in property and infrastructure damage. As well as causing deaths of some of our citizens.

At least 3 dead, thousands evacuated as Colorado flooding cuts off mountain towns | Fox News

In my younger days I lived in this exact same area. I saw plenty of "extreme" weather events. One day we had so much hail it caused $600 million in damages.

Big Thompson Flood of 1976

The Big Thompson flood of 1976 was the deadliest flash flood in Colorado’s recorded history. On July 31, between 12 and 14 inches of rain fell over a four-hour period in the mountains around the resort town of Estes Park. Unusual weather patterns allowed the huge storm system to stall over the area as it dumped its load. The monstrous flood took 144 lives and injured 150 people.

This flooding is a big YAWN compared to the Big Thompson flood.

In other words, ignore the reality of events, and just go on living in your alternative universe.

No --- we're all just trying to hear you say that this all because of CO2..

So we can laugh at you.. C'mon ---- let's get this over with...

OR --- didya post this just out of the humanitarian depths of your heart (that LOVES to see eagles killed at wind farms)... :lol:

lol, a weather EVENT?

In my younger days I lived in this exact same area. I saw plenty of "extreme" weather events. One day we had so much hail it caused $600 million in damages.

Big Thompson Flood of 1976

The Big Thompson flood of 1976 was the deadliest flash flood in Colorado’s recorded history. On July 31, between 12 and 14 inches of rain fell over a four-hour period in the mountains around the resort town of Estes Park. Unusual weather patterns allowed the huge storm system to stall over the area as it dumped its load. The monstrous flood took 144 lives and injured 150 people.

This flooding is a big YAWN compared to the Big Thompson flood.

I'm sure it's a minor event. Colorado can take care of their own.

Well, Staph, one would hardly expect you to have any knowledge in any aspect of science. Just a flap-yapper like the rest of the fools here.

Well, Staph, one would hardly expect you to have any knowledge in any aspect of science. Just a flap-yapper like the rest of the fools here.

ummhumm, I know enough not to fall for some cultish environmental bs...you notice the first thing they say they will need to wave their magic wands and FIX IT...

money, money money money money money...the greener color the better of that MONEY...can't be anything accidently washed and faded in the washing machine....GREEN GREEN MONEY

and destroying our way of living is another on the top of their AGENDA...

that will save the WHOLE WORLD

Last edited:
In other words, ignore the reality of events, and just go on living in your alternative universe.

So i suppose this is somehow related to CO2?

It's rain.

Every place on the planet has been flooded at one time or another.

Even before there were people to blame it on.

The reality is it's called the 100-year-flood for a reason.

100-year-flood: Boulder rainfall records swamped in dueling weather systems - Boulder Daily Camera

We're not interested in your religious beliefs, dude, or what you refer to as man made climate change.

What causes this 100 year cycle?

Statistic Dudley.. Probably Rayleigh distribution of events.
Same way that the Cleveland Browns predict their wins..

Forum List

Back