Coldest December on Record in UK... Damned Global Warming Strikes Again!

They dont understand teh sceince.

That is why Fox can manipulate their opinions, they are too uninformed on the iusse to see through the silly bullshit like the OP.

Is this "Science" you speak of the same as when you test your theory in a laboratory and have others be able to repeat the experiment, or do you just stand around and "peer review" theories that never meet a lab?

Hi Mal:

Big freeze: Temperatures plummet to -10C bringing travel chaos across Britain | Mail Online

^I'm Certain that somewhere in the World they are Enjoying Record High Temps...

And algore will probably point to that...

Or Blame a New Ice Age on Global Warming...

What a Dipshit he is.

peace...

The explanation for the colder temperatures is easy to understand once you realize that the "Oceanic Conveyor Belt" (Oceanmotion.org) is slowing down. Global warming caused the ice caps to melt at increasing rates (picture), which decreases the capacity for melting ice later down the road. The smaller northern ice caps means less cold water to feed the Oceanic Conveyor Belt, which slows down the Oceanic Currents and sends less warm water to the north pole. Less warm water going north means the colder winter temperatures, until the ice caps begin to grow again.

We are now entering a miniature Ice Age that must run its course for the ice caps to grow and accumulate sufficient ice reserves to eventually melt and speed up the circulating ocean currents again.

GL,

Terral

This is one factor in climate control globally, but not the only one. In any event, the speed of the oceans' conveyor is such that a slow down would be hard to notice as the water that sinks right now near Greenland will not Surface north of Japan for about 2000 years.

The Gulf Stream contributes to this current, but the surface effects of the Gulf and the deep water movements of the Conveyor are separate. The speed and local volume of the Gulf Stream are greater than the conveyor

The formation of the Great Conveyor in its current form was probably a product of the closure of the Isthmus of Panama which triggered the cycling Ice Ages about a million or so years ago.

The Little Ice Age is also concurrent with the Maunder Minimum which was a time, some think, of reduced Solar Activity and Insolation.

Our climate is the result of a myriad of interactions from a myriad of causes and a myriad of the resulting effects which in turn become causes for other effects and so on. Tagging one as the absolute root cause, unless that one thing is the Sun, will never stand up to logic.

Last edited:
They dont understand teh sceince.

That is why Fox can manipulate their opinions, they are too uninformed on the iusse to see through the silly bullshit like the OP.

From everything I've seen on the topic, complete understanding of Global Warming/Change is not available to anyone from any source.

Unless you know something that you haven't relayed to the rest of us...

Complete understanding of any of the presently accepted scientific theories is not available to anyone from any source. Even evolution, one of the best understood of the scientific theories has areas where we do not understand the changes. However, even with incomplete understanding of the theories that our modern civilization is based on, we do engineering and predictions.

We have enough knowledge concerning the drivers of warming and cooling in our climate that we can make in the ballpark predictions. Dr. Hansen proved this with his predictions concerning the warming in 1988. It took a record El Nino in 1998 to make that a record year for heat. Yet this year, with a moderate El Nino for the first half of the year, and a moderate to strong La Nina for the second half, we may well equal 1998 for global temperature. If you look at Dr. Spencers running mean for the last 12 years, you will see that it has never been below the zero line for that period, and platued for five years at what was the previous highs prior to 1998.

Nov. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.38 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Global warming is a mix of many factors that come and go over time.

co2 is a minor, very minor player in all of this.

sun spots
earths rotation
the ocean conveyor belt
etc, etc

Too point at CO2 and demand the world spend money on thier green ideas is disengenuos at best.

The main proponants and supporters are set to make billions off of carbon credits. And from what I have seen of this, its utter bs.

One idea is to grind up rust and dump it in the ocean. how friggin insane is that?

What I've read is that Northwestern Europe, with climate change, will begin to experience more extremes in its seasons. Hotter summers, and winters less moderated, and more befitting its Northern latitude. London England is at the 51 Latitude, the same as Southern Canada.

As the world warms (overall we are still warming from the last ice age of 11,000 years ago) the weather actually moderates. To get bad storms you have to have collisions of cold and warm air.

So that was moderation that was experianced in Russia, Pakistan, and many parts of China. Perhaps you should explain to the people in Tennessee that they were just experiancing some moderation.

sun spots
earths rotation
the ocean conveyor belt
etc, etc

Too point at CO2 and demand the world spend money on thier green ideas is disengenuos at best.

The main proponants and supporters are set to make billions off of carbon credits. And from what I have seen of this, its utter bs.

One idea is to grind up rust and dump it in the ocean. how friggin insane is that?

I see. So all the scientists in all the Scientific Societies in the world, with all the differant political systems in those nations, are in on one huge conspiracy to defraud the poor ignorant public. Seen any black helicopters lately?

Now snowing in Portland Oregon..Wahooo

Are all the people from the TV stations up on Skyline Bvd counting snowflakes again? Even though I have lived in Portland for about 15 years all together, it still strikes me as humourous to watch the reactions here to a little snow. That is, if I don't have to get out on the roads with these drivers. Lordy, lordy, that is a zoo.:lol:

What I've read is that Northwestern Europe, with climate change, will begin to experience more extremes in its seasons. Hotter summers, and winters less moderated, and more befitting its Northern latitude. London England is at the 51 Latitude, the same as Southern Canada.

As the world warms (overall we are still warming from the last ice age of 11,000 years ago) the weather actually moderates. To get bad storms you have to have collisions of cold and warm air.

So that was moderation that was experianced in Russia, Pakistan, and many parts of China. Perhaps you should explain to the people in Tennessee that they were just experiancing some moderation.

No, that was not moderation because if you bothered to look at the three other temperature sets which show a global cooling (as opposed to Hansens ginned up temp records, GISS is the ONLY temperature set that shows warming and we have shown how they are accomplishing that) so this is business as usual. Even NASA stipulated that Russia and Pakistan and China's experiences were in no way related to GW. I bet that just pisses you off doesn't it:lol:

sun spots
earths rotation
the ocean conveyor belt
etc, etc

I see. So all the scientists in all the Scientific Societies in the world, with all the differant political systems in those nations, are in on one huge conspiracy to defraud the poor ignorant public. Seen any black helicopters lately?

So you bleat about consensus yet again. Here was their first consensus, you will note it was way back in the 1970's and they were claiming the end of the world through an ice age. Same players, same message, different boogyman, but in the end just as wrong.

Evidence About The 1970s Global Cooling Consensus Keeps Piling Up The Unbearable Nakedness of CLIMATE CHANGE

Hi Mal:

Big freeze: Temperatures plummet to -10C bringing travel chaos across Britain | Mail Online

What a Dipshit he is.

peace...

The explanation for the colder temperatures is easy to understand once you realize that the "Oceanic Conveyor Belt" (Oceanmotion.org) is slowing down. Global warming caused the ice caps to melt at increasing rates (picture), which decreases the capacity for melting ice later down the road. The smaller northern ice caps means less cold water to feed the Oceanic Conveyor Belt, which slows down the Oceanic Currents and sends less warm water to the north pole. Less warm water going north means the colder winter temperatures, until the ice caps begin to grow again.

We are now entering a miniature Ice Age that must run its course for the ice caps to grow and accumulate sufficient ice reserves to eventually melt and speed up the circulating ocean currents again.

GL,

Terral

This is one factor in climate control globally, but not the only one. In any event, the speed of the oceans' conveyor is such that a slow down would be hard to notice as the water that sinks right now near Greenland will not Surface north of Japan for about 2000 years.

The Gulf Stream contributes to this current, but the surface effects of the Gulf and the deep water movements of the Conveyor are separate. The speed and local volume of the Gulf Stream are greater than the conveyor

The formation of the Great Conveyor in its current form was probably a product of the closure of the Isthmus of Panama which triggered the cycling Ice Ages about a million or so years ago.

The Little Ice Age is also concurrent with the Maunder Minimum which was a time, some think, of reduced Solar Activity and Insolation.

Our climate is the result of a myriad of interactions from a myriad of causes and a myriad of the resulting effects which in turn become causes for other effects and so on. Tagging one as the absolute root cause, unless that one thing is the Sun, will never stand up to logic.

I remember reading a book that theorized that modern man came into being because of the drastic change in Africa due to the change in ocean currents when N&S America closed. Interesting but we will never really know.

Hi Mal:

What a Dipshit he is.

peace...

GL,

Terral

Both Caps are Melting?...

:)

peace...

sun spots
earths rotation
the ocean conveyor belt
etc, etc

Who has the deepest pockets or is willing to spend the most money?

American politicians, mostly, if not all Dems.

so who do these countries turn to to spend all this money to make thier lives better? Themselves? pfft. why would they when they know they can bs us into going along with anything? Just look at Gore. He's the prime example of this utter non-sense. But where's the conspiracy, why do I need a better tin foil hat? Look no further than that goon winning a Nobel for that movie he made that has been ripped to shreds by people that checked on his claims.

Is there a conspiracy? There's billions upon billions up for grabs. Why wouldn't they work together.

What a Dipshit he is.

peace...

Of course it is cold, CO2 is what dry ice is made of and it is VERY cold.
Sheesh some people cannot even use simple logic.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought dry ice was made from dehydrated water? :eusa_think:

What a Dipshit he is.

peace...

Of course it is cold, CO2 is what dry ice is made of and it is VERY cold.
Sheesh some people cannot even use simple logic.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought dry ice was made from dehydrated water? :eusa_think:

How Can you Make Dry Ice?

Dry Ice is made from Global Warming, a Lack of Carbon Credits in your Portfolio and of course Swimming Polar Bears... :thup:

peace...

Complete understanding of any of the presently accepted scientific theories is not available to anyone from any source. Even evolution, one of the best understood of the scientific theories has areas where we do not understand the changes. However, even with incomplete understanding of the theories that our modern civilization is based on, we do engineering and predictions.

We have enough knowledge concerning the drivers of warming and cooling in our climate that we can make in the ballpark predictions. Dr. Hansen proved this with his predictions concerning the warming in 1988. It took a record El Nino in 1998 to make that a record year for heat. Yet this year, with a moderate El Nino for the first half of the year, and a moderate to strong La Nina for the second half, we may well equal 1998 for global temperature. If you look at Dr. Spencers running mean for the last 12 years, you will see that it has never been below the zero line for that period, and platued for five years at what was the previous highs prior to 1998.

Nov. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.38 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Coupling the well understood biogentic engineering sciences with the poorly understood climatic cause and effect is disingenuous at least.

Citing the predictions of Dr. Hansen in 1988 which were completely and absolutely wrong and claiming that they were accurate is also disingenuous.

It is a painfully obvious and well known fact that using absolutely no reference to CO2 at all and only predicting the future rise of temperature by extending the past rise of temperature was far more accurate than the propaganda driven conclusions of Hansen.

If you are going to claim the voracity of something that is patently false, you should be able to produce proof that the falsehood is false for reasons that make it not false. That proof, in this case, has not been presented.

For graphic representations of the erroneous magnitude of Hansen's predictions, please review the graphs in the link below. The world production of CO2 is higher than than the highest scenario put forth by Hansen, but the temperature is lower than the lowest scenario put forth by Hansen in both the Skeptic's chart and the rebuttal chart below.

By Hansen's own defintions, he was wrong.

Hansen's 1988 prediction was wrong

sun spots
earths rotation
the ocean conveyor belt
etc, etc

Rather than point to a majority that cannot be wrong, why not point to a result that cannot be wrong?

A majority of Americans elected a President because they knew that he knew the answers. A majority does not equal a truth. It can equal only a shared belif that is wrong.

Forum List

Back