Coal Companies Are Dying While Their Execs Grab More Cash

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
But the coal miners still think it's Obama's fault and the Dems… always somebody else's fault, immigrants etc. when they lose their job. The writing has been on the wall for decades.

A study this spring from the Carbon Tracker Institute found that over the past five years, coal producers have closed nearly 300 mines and lost 76 percent of their value. In August, Alpha Natural Resources, the country's second-largest coal company, filed for bankruptcy, making it the biggest domino to fall in a string of more than two dozen corporate collapses during the past couple of years. On Monday, one of the company's top executives resigned. Meanwhile, shares of Peabody Energy, the world's biggest coal company, hit their lowest price ever, dipping below $1. A year ago, Peabody's share price was hovering above $15; it peaked at $72 back in 2011. The stock plunge at Arch Coal was even more extreme—it fell from $3,600 to under $2 between 2011 and August 2015. (It has since rebounded slightly.) This year, both companies have been among the worst performers in the S&P 500.

Talk about expecting society to provide a job - hello coal miners….

What is this, some sort of Alinsky argument? Blame the coal companies because the coal mines are closing? Useful idiots on the left imagine some sort of corporate conspiracy when it's the freaking policies of the Barry Hussein administration that's putting miners on welfare.

Well, just wait until you peasants have to pay your electric bills because your dear leader promised to bankrupt coal. oh and there won't be any jobs either. that must be why the Democrats are pushing for $15 min. wage for fast food. they see what's in your all's future. Or you can blame some CEO's for it.

11889437_920526664707055_7450978347715618124_n.jpg

Obama waged a war on coal, causing the enormous slump in mining and throwing miners out of work.
I would care, except the miners' unions uniformly supported Obama in 2008 so they deserve it.

So Obama's FED manipulates the stock market and rich Wall Streeters get richer, and Obama puts the screws to the coal industry and rich coalers get richer.

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

So Obama's FED manipulates the stock market and rich Wall Streeters get richer, and Obama puts the screws to the coal industry and rich coalers get richer.

Democrats are the party of Wall St fatcats and crony capitalists. ANd they tell average working Americans, Watch out, that hedge fund manager is stealing your bread.

Democrats are the party of Wall St fatcats and crony capitalists. ANd they tell average working Americans, Watch out, that hedge fund manager is stealing your bread.

True, that's what they've become. They like to campaign on slogans that thy care about the "middle class" or the "working people", but those are just lies.

That's because the south is a police state that secretly enslaves, taxes their citizens into poverty & encourages companies to underpay workers.

For years we have been bombarded with how the south was all about freedom, low taxes, low regulations & abundant high paying jobs. In February I bought a vacation house in Clearwater, FL. Then the truth became abundantly clear as water, it's all a pack of lies for stupid people.

They mandate you pay $1,400 a year to make available stuff you don't use or they will place a lien on your property but refuse to call it taxes even though that is the very definition of a tax. Plus they still charge you property taxes in addition to those mandatory fees. They have a lot of freaking toll roads, higher gasoline taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, etc.

It's a total police state. In 2 weeks time I was pulled over by police 3 times for bullshit & I'm a non-Hispanic white guy. First it was for J-walking, then they pulled over my wife in Tampa because I as her passenger not wearing my seat-belt even though she wearing hers, then not paying a toll on a road that didn't have a toll road sign.

Then they have stupid people, high unemployment & more low paying jobs. That south will never rise again. I'm only there to vacation for the winter & the beach. My state has no toll roads, second lowest gas taxes, does not use traffic cameras as revenue generators ticket machines, more percent gainfully employed with higher pay.

Last edited:
But the coal miners still think it's Obama's fault and the Dems… always somebody else's fault, immigrants etc. when they lose their job. The writing has been on the wall for decades.

A study this spring from the Carbon Tracker Institute found that over the past five years, coal producers have closed nearly 300 mines and lost 76 percent of their value. In August, Alpha Natural Resources, the country's second-largest coal company, filed for bankruptcy, making it the biggest domino to fall in a string of more than two dozen corporate collapses during the past couple of years. On Monday, one of the company's top executives resigned. Meanwhile, shares of Peabody Energy, the world's biggest coal company, hit their lowest price ever, dipping below $1. A year ago, Peabody's share price was hovering above $15; it peaked at $72 back in 2011. The stock plunge at Arch Coal was even more extreme—it fell from $3,600 to under $2 between 2011 and August 2015. (It has since rebounded slightly.) This year, both companies have been among the worst performers in the S&P 500.

Same can be said about inner city public schools.

How does that prove Obama isn't responsible? Coal miners don't expect society to provide them a job. What they expect is for the president not to deliberately destroy their jobs.

Your concern for their welfare and your "compassion" is so touching. You're a typical caring DemoRAT.

How does that prove Obama isn't responsible? Coal miners don't expect society to provide them a job. What they expect is for the president not to deliberately destroy their jobs.

Your concern for their welfare and your "compassion" is so touching. You're a typical caring DemoRAT.

Stop sugar coating and tell Hnut how you really feel.

That's because the south is a police state that secretly enslaves, taxes their citizens into poverty & encourages companies to underpay workers.

For years we have been bombarded with how the south was all about freedom, low taxes, low regulations & abundant high paying jobs. In February I bought a vacation house in Clearwater, FL. Then the truth became abundantly clear as water, it's all a pack of lies for stupid people.

They mandate you pay $1,400 a year to make available stuff you don't use or they will place a lien on your property but refuse to call it taxes even though that is the very definition of a tax. Plus they still charge you property taxes in addition to those mandatory fees. They have a lot of freaking toll roads, higher gasoline taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, etc.

It's a total police state. In 2 weeks time I was pulled over by police 3 times for bullshit & I'm a non-Hispanic white guy. First it was for J-walking, then they pulled over my wife in Tampa because I as her passenger not wearing my seat-belt even though she wearing hers, then not paying a toll on a road that didn't have a toll road sign.

Then they have stupid people, high unemployment & more low paying jobs. That south will never rise again. I'm only there to vacation for the winter & the beach. My state has no toll roads, second lowest gas taxes, does not use traffic cameras as revenue generators ticket machines, more percent gainfully employed with higher pay.
You are clearly an idiot of world class proportions.
Taxes in teh South are lower than anywhere else in the country. Regulations are less than anywhere else. This is why Southern states have grown while northern states have lost population and industry.
Post a graph or STFU.

LOL......your an idiot. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

You failed to become a FL resident you halfwit. Of course you were taxed and ticketed. There is a maximum percentage of revenue that local governments can get from state residents, there is a special housing tax on non-residents (homestead exemption) and all toll roads have to have bypasses but they don't have to be marked as such.

Forum List

Back