CO2: the green gas.

Let's put this into perspective. In the 1920s the US had a population of 120 million people. The Dust Bowl affected only the center of the country, with probably a population of 20 million or so.

The current drought in India is affecting 300 million people. The drought in Southern Africa is affecting South Africa, Lesotho, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, there are a lot of people in the that area.

The droughts in Tunisia and Ethiopia are effecting millions too.

To compare what's happening today with the Dust Bowl isn't quite right in terms of numbers of people affected, nor land area affected.

There are a lot more people in the world now that would be affected. Care to comment on the formation of the Sahara Desert?
Sahara Desert Formed 7 Million Years Ago, New Study Suggests | Paleoclimatology | Sci-News.com

Yes there are.

Why would I care to comment on the formation of the Sahara Desert 7 million years ago? What the hell does this have to do with lots of droughts right now exactly?

There wasn't a helluva lot of CO2 causing that drought was there?

Are you seriously suggesting that CO2 causes drought? It's a tad more complex than simply spraying CO2 onto land and it then causing drought you know.

Sorry, that was meant for the ones claiming CO2 is the cause of the droughts.

CO2 is a Greenhouse Gas. More Greenhouse Gases trapping hot air inside the atmosphere of the planet increases temperatures. Higher temperatures are causing El Niño effect, and this is one of the reasons that is causing havoc with weather systems, leading to drought.

Higher temperatures also can't be helping in such places which causes rainfall to evaporate at a quicker rate and disappear to other places.

The CO2 doesn't cause the drought, however it might set off a chain reaction that ends up with drought as one of the consequences.

There are a lot more people in the world now that would be affected. Care to comment on the formation of the Sahara Desert?
Sahara Desert Formed 7 Million Years Ago, New Study Suggests | Paleoclimatology | Sci-News.com

Yes there are.

Why would I care to comment on the formation of the Sahara Desert 7 million years ago? What the hell does this have to do with lots of droughts right now exactly?

Are you seriously suggesting that CO2 causes drought? It's a tad more complex than simply spraying CO2 onto land and it then causing drought you know.

CO2 is a Greenhouse Gas. More Greenhouse Gases trapping hot air inside the atmosphere of the planet increases temperatures. Higher temperatures are causing El Niño effect, and this is one of the reasons that is causing havoc with weather systems, leading to drought.

Higher temperatures also can't be helping in such places which causes rainfall to evaporate at a quicker rate and disappear to other places.

The CO2 doesn't cause the drought, however it might set off a chain reaction that ends up with drought as one of the consequences.

"El Niño means The Little Boy, or Christ Child in Spanish. El Niño was originally recognized by fishermen off the coast of South America in the 1600s, with the appearance of unusually warm water in the Pacific Ocean. The name was chosen based on the time of year (around December) during which these warm waters events tended to occur."

Not a lot of CO2 in the 1600's.

Yes there are.

"El Niño means The Little Boy, or Christ Child in Spanish. El Niño was originally recognized by fishermen off the coast of South America in the 1600s, with the appearance of unusually warm water in the Pacific Ocean. The name was chosen based on the time of year (around December) during which these warm waters events tended to occur."

Remember the world isn't just black and white.

I didn't say it didn't exist before. Why on Earth do you think I did?

The point is if CO2 causes el nino's as you state, what caused them 400 years ago?

Yes there are.

Also, there'd have been quite a bit of CO2 back in the 1600s.

The point is if CO2 causes el nino's as you state, what caused them 400 years ago?

Well, you know, Greenhouse Gases. They existed before, and they exist now. The problem now is that there are MORE Greenhouse Gases. Without Greenhouse Gases we wouldn't have life on Earth.

Science has long ago determined beyond all reasonable doubt that increased atmospheric CO2 levels seem to actually elevate the growth of green plants and as a consequence,increase the BIODIVERSITY of plant life on the Earth.

Since the survival of human life on this planet is intimately tied to and dependent on plant life it makes perfect sense to promote a greener planet.

So why are all these seemingly suicidal asswipes in the Democratic party constantly trying to demonize life-giving CO2?

What do you left wing anti-human scumbags have to say for yourselves?

Speak up!

I guess that's why with higher global temperatures so many places are suffering from drought then.....

There have always been droughts and the always will be droughts in various parts of the world. We had a drought several years ago that lasted several years and the level of the lakes used for drinking water was critically low. For the past few years the reports are a 'full pool' at those same lakes. Droughts come and they go, no big deal.
how can that be if CO2 causes droughts? I mean how did it recover at the same time CO2 was still increasing? hmmmmmm, me thinks the left are looney.

Well, you know, Greenhouse Gases. They existed before, and they exist now. The problem now is that there are MORE Greenhouse Gases. Without Greenhouse Gases we wouldn't have life on Earth.
do you even know what a greenhouse does? Do you think a greenhouse operates on CO2? Is that what you really think. Excuse me while I laugh at you.

Science has long ago determined beyond all reasonable doubt that increased atmospheric CO2 levels seem to actually elevate the growth of green plants and as a consequence,increase the BIODIVERSITY of plant life on the Earth.

Since the survival of human life on this planet is intimately tied to and dependent on plant life it makes perfect sense to promote a greener planet.

So why are all these seemingly suicidal asswipes in the Democratic party constantly trying to demonize life-giving CO2?

Speak up!

I guess that's why with higher global temperatures so many places are suffering from drought then.....

There have always been droughts and the always will be droughts in various parts of the world. We had a drought several years ago that lasted several years and the level of the lakes used for drinking water was critically low. For the past few years the reports are a 'full pool' at those same lakes. Droughts come and they go, no big deal.

Yeah, your drought was no big deal, hence the droughts currently happening in Southern Africa, Northern Africa, and affecting 1/3rd of the Indian population are also no deal, simply because yours was no deal.

They come and they go, but rather widespread ones seem to be all coming at the same time right now and affecting something like 1/10th of the people on the planet.
so can you prove that CO2 causes droughts? just wondering while I'm laughing.

Speak up!

So all you have are uneducated guesses? What if your uneducated guesses are wrong?

So, you say I have uneducated guesses, which I guess have a massively higher chance of being right than you're completely made up stuff which fits your fantasy view of the world.

Oh, why do I bother with you? I just remembered who you are. You're just taking the piss.
guess, mmmm no, lie yes.

Also, there'd have been quite a bit of CO2 back in the 1600s.
CO2 has been in the thousands PPM in the past. D'OH!

I bet you never heard of the American 'dust bowl' did you.

Let's put this into perspective. In the 1920s the US had a population of 120 million people. The Dust Bowl affected only the center of the country, with probably a population of 20 million or so.

The current drought in India is affecting 300 million people. The drought in Southern Africa is affecting South Africa, Lesotho, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, there are a lot of people in the that area.

The droughts in Tunisia and Ethiopia are effecting millions too.

To compare what's happening today with the Dust Bowl isn't quite right in terms of numbers of people affected, nor land area affected.

Yes there are.

oh really, then exactly what is your initial drought point on the question of CO2?

Yes there are.

CO2 is a Greenhouse Gas. More Greenhouse Gases trapping hot air inside the atmosphere of the planet increases temperatures.
do you actually have a lab experiment that can validate the comment? Please give us a link.

Higher temperatures are causing El Niño effect, and this is one of the reasons that is causing havoc with weather systems, leading to drought.

No, heat moving in the Pacific ocean causes El Ninos. gawd I hate it when stupid people like you miss direct the story on what causes what.

well shit dude, you're just moving all over the place aren't you now? Wow. now you are lunacy at its finest

how does a greenhouse actually work?

Speak up!

how can that be if CO2 causes droughts? I mean how did it recover at the same time CO2 was still increasing? hmmmmmm, me thinks the left are looney.

I didn't say CO2 causes drought. If you read what I said, I even said CO2 doesn't cause drought.

well shit dude, you're just moving all over the place aren't you now? Wow. now you are lunacy at its finest

Yeah, all over the place with facts and things. It's not my fault that CO2 existed in 1600 and still exists today. It's not my fault the person I was replying to believed there was no, or not much, CO2 in 1600.

how does a greenhouse actually work?

Heat comes down, gets trapped and can't escape, so it comes back down again, making things hotter.

Venus is hotter than Mercury because it has a Greenhouse Effect whereas Mercury doesn't, even though it's closer to the sun. We've done this before. Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over? Just ignoring fact doesn't change something.

Speak up!

So all you have are uneducated guesses? What if your uneducated guesses are wrong?

So, you say I have uneducated guesses, which I guess have a massively higher chance of being right than you're completely made up stuff which fits your fantasy view of the world.

Oh, why do I bother with you? I just remembered who you are. You're just taking the piss.
guess, mmmm no, lie yes.

The guy I was responding to, who is now on ignore, is a troll, pure and simple.

do you even know what a greenhouse does? Do you think a greenhouse operates on CO2? Is that what you really think. Excuse me while I laugh at you.

No, so why you're saying this I have no idea. You just pretend someone said something, then laugh at them for having said it. First sign of madness perhaps?

Forum List

Back