CO2 sensitivity

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
ScienceDaily (Dec. 7, 2009) — In the long term, the Earth's temperature may be 30-50% more sensitive to atmospheric carbon dioxide than has previously been estimated, reports a new study published in Nature Geoscience.

This would agree with what we are currently seeing. The climate response, particularly in the Arctic and Antarctic has been much more than predicted.

Earth More Sensitive to Carbon Dioxide Than Previously Thought - Global Warming and Nature - AOL Message Boards

The results show that components of the Earth's climate system that vary over long timescales -- such as land-ice and vegetation -- have an important effect on this temperature sensitivity, but these factors are often neglected in current climate models.

Dan Lunt, from the University of Bristol, and colleagues compared results from a global climate model to temperature reconstructions of the Earth's environment three million years ago when global temperatures and carbon dioxide concentrations were relatively high. The temperature reconstructions were derived using data from three million-year-old sediments on the ocean floor.

Lunt said, "We found that, given the concentrations of carbon dioxide prevailing three million years ago, the model originally predicted a significantly smaller temperature increase than that indicated by the reconstructions. This led us to review what was missing from the model."

ScienceDaily (Dec. 7, 2009) — In the long term, the Earth's temperature may be 30-50% more sensitive to atmospheric carbon dioxide than has previously been estimated, reports a new study published in Nature Geoscience.

This would agree with what we are currently seeing. The climate response, particularly in the Arctic and Antarctic has been much more than predicted.

Earth More Sensitive to Carbon Dioxide Than Previously Thought - Global Warming and Nature - AOL Message Boards

The results show that components of the Earth's climate system that vary over long timescales -- such as land-ice and vegetation -- have an important effect on this temperature sensitivity, but these factors are often neglected in current climate models.

Dan Lunt, from the University of Bristol, and colleagues compared results from a global climate model to temperature reconstructions of the Earth's environment three million years ago when global temperatures and carbon dioxide concentrations were relatively high. The temperature reconstructions were derived using data from three million-year-old sediments on the ocean floor.

Lunt said, "We found that, given the concentrations of carbon dioxide prevailing three million years ago, the model originally predicted a significantly smaller temperature increase than that indicated by the reconstructions. This led us to review what was missing from the model."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo: :lol::lol::lol:

Is this science or a stand up routine?

Modern CO2 is more Liberal and has delicate feelings

So, it should be a piece of cake to show us a temperature increase in a laboratory setting from a 140PPM increase in CO2, right?

Maybe you can have the Earth atmosphere watch "The Crying Game" to put its sensitivities into hyperdrive?

Last edited:
"We found that, given the concentrations of carbon dioxide prevailing three million years ago, the model originally predicted a significantly smaller temperature increase than that indicated by the reconstructions. This led us to review what was missing from the model."

Classic! So, it must be genetically modified, hypersensitive CO2!

None dare call it science!

Come on, Old. Show us one lab experiment where adding 140PPM, not 400,000PPM of Hypersensitive CO2 makes the temperature increase!

This CO2 is really twitchy and itching to make the temp rise!

Oh, wait a second, did you think this was supposed to help your case? No! LOL
You didn't, did you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo: :lol::lol::lol:

Is this science or a stand up routine?

Modern CO2 is more Liberal and has delicate feelings
Take it easy, Big Joe!...Some of these atmospheric gasses got sensitive feelings!
sensitive1.jpg

Huh...

Can anyone else smell the desperation flop sweat on these greenies? I sure can. So many posts so quickly after the IPCC abandons them.

Can't sleep... Polar Bears are gonna eat me...

So...the models don't show what we want them to show. The obvious solution? Make up something!

lc295eaa31c251b9c3e10f1tp4.jpg
Can't let all those "Global Warming" dollars get away!
Always has been about power and money. Only the useful idiots believed it was for saving the world from a disaster.
The best proof? None of their solutions were anything but government regulation, laws and intrusion while money flowed from the pockets of citizens and business to those of preferred citizens and 'green' industry.

One gigantic green redistribution machine.

And now it's exposed and breaking down faster and faster.

Last edited:
So...the models don't show what we want them to show. The obvious solution? Make up something!

lc295eaa31c251b9c3e10f1tp4.jpg

Shussssh! That CO2 is sensitive!! You'll hurt its feelings!
Funny how they just "discovered" this, innit? :lol:

Reminds me of Calvin getting a bad report card, then desperately claiming, "It must be Opposite Day! All these F's are really A's! Yes, I'm sure that's it!"

Last edited:
See, a real scientist would look at the data and tend to recognize that there might be something besides the deminimus increase in CO2 at work here, but not the Warmers!!

It's Super CO2 to the rescue! Able to heat planet with a single whiff!

I know what this is! Do you know how repentant serial killer will write "STOP ME BEFORE I KILL AGAIN!" even in the blood of the most recent victim? This is Old Rocks way of surrendering, of giving up, of realizing his way does not work.

Let's embrace him back to reality

Forum List

Back