CNS - One Third of Primary Care Physicians May Quit.

(CNSNews.com) - Nearly one-third of all practicing physicians may leave the medical profession if President Obama signs current versions of health-care reform legislation into law, according to a survey published in the latest issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.

CNSNews.com - Nearly One-Third of Doctors Could Leave Medicine if Health-Care Reform Bill Passes, According to Survey Reported in New England Journal of Medicine

To do what?

Politics?

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1374-cnsnews.gif

(CNSNews.com) - Nearly one-third of all practicing physicians may leave the medical profession if President Obama signs current versions of health-care reform legislation into law, according to a survey published in the latest issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.

CNSNews.com - Nearly One-Third of Doctors Could Leave Medicine if Health-Care Reform Bill Passes, According to Survey Reported in New England Journal of Medicine

To do what?

Like I told Mani I just posted it as an FYI simply because it was printed in the New England Journal of Medicine. I've also posted that I don't think the majority would actually quit.

Last edited:
DR's always have made a well above average income and always will.
Of course as the average income drops or rises so will their income.
Not really. Most doctors are overworked and have high overhead. But most of them, IMO, go into the profession for more altruistic reasons. I see that no other country with socialized health care has any real shortage of doctors and we won't either.

More scare tactics from the right.
:doubt:
nice try, do you really think the NEMJ is a tool of the right?

the nejm did not do the poll though del.... it appears they did publish this 'recruiting doctor firm's poll', so i suppose that means they felt it was worthy though....since it looks like it was published in their journal.

there are no statistics available on it, thus suspicious imo....

no listing of how many docs were polled...? 100? 1000? 10,000? usually polsters list such?

what is the estimated percentage of error? +/- % points? again, real pollsters usually supply this....

who were these docs the recruiting company polled, employed or unemployed ones....?

how were the questions asked? did they reformat or change or shorten the questions from poll to results printed....?

just sooooooo, many things seem fishy about this whole thing, especially when you have the AMA saying the COMPLETE opposite of this supposed legit poll.

and i do NOT support this healthcare bill, for various reasons.....but i still find this poll questionable.

It wouldn't make much of a difference. Our "new" clinicians will be student nurses anyway ( no doubt ), if they do stay in school. Few ppl will go into the medical profession if Obammy sneaks this through. And then of course, our country will be bankrupt as it is now, broke. Power-lust drives this Markist.

i have been to the dermatologist 5 times, twice in florida, once in massachusetts, once in maine....anyehere from $150-$200 bucks for the visit....

NOT ONCE did i see the actual doctor....not once....always a practitioner....they still collected their money for the 10 minutes though.

i have been to the dermatologist 5 times, twice in florida, once in massachusetts, once in maine....anyehere from $150-$200 bucks for the visit....

NOT ONCE did i see the actual doctor....not once....always a practitioner....they still collected their money for the 10 minutes though.

But did they at least get rid of your shingles? ;)

the nejm did not do the poll though del.... it appears they did publish this 'recruiting doctor firm's poll', so i suppose that means they felt it was worthy though....since it looks like it was published in their journal.

there are no statistics available on it, thus suspicious imo....

no listing of how many docs were polled...? 100? 1000? 10,000? usually polsters list such?

what is the estimated percentage of error? +/- % points? again, real pollsters usually supply this....

who were these docs the recruiting company polled, employed or unemployed ones....?

how were the questions asked? did they reformat or change or shorten the questions from poll to results printed....?

just sooooooo, many things seem fishy about this whole thing, especially when you have the AMA saying the COMPLETE opposite of this supposed legit poll.

and i do NOT support this healthcare bill, for various reasons.....but i still find this poll questionable.

i'm pretty sure that when their next issue comes out, thepolling details will be included. given that it's a publication of the mass medical society, i'm willing to take it at face value. all of their previous polls have included info on
methodology, margin of error etc, so i assume when this is published (next week, i think), it will include that.

if it doesn't, then i'll adjust my view accordingly. most of their previous polls have used about 5000 random respondents across the spectrum of medical specialties and sub-speacialties, age, and geography. i['ll expect the same level of detail fom this.

DR's always have made a well above average income and always will.
Of course as the average income drops or rises so will their income.
Not really. Most doctors are overworked and have high overhead. But most of them, IMO, go into the profession for more altruistic reasons. I see that no other country with socialized health care has any real shortage of doctors and we won't either.

More scare tactics from the right.

Many of us do go into the profession for altruistic reasons.

However, the scheduled 21% decrease in Medicare physician reimbursement will make altruism more difficult.

And this decrease in reimbursement has NOTHING to do with Obamacare. It's been scheduled (although put on the back burner at the last minute) for the past 5 years.

Last edited:
I don't question the polling methods, I simply don't believe that many doctors would quit.

It costs nothing to say you'll quit, especially if you're opposed to the bill. And it's not like anyone is going to hold them to it.

Faced with reality, I'd guess that more than 90% of the I'd quitters would somehow figure out a way to continue earning a living in their chosen profession.

this poll is not on the nejm's site...i searched all polls

the link is to the nejm CAREER CENTER....from the cns article... a private entity using their logo.

the link it then gives for where the poll comes from.....leads to another site, that ALSO has nothing on the poll....

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions...imo, the whole thing seems to be a FARCE! we will see... ;)

the link is to the nejm CAREER CENTER....from the cns article... a private entity using their logo.

the link it then gives for where the poll comes from.....leads to another site, that ALSO has nothing on the poll....

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions...imo, the whole thing seems to be a FARCE! we will see... ;)
:eek: You mean someone is engaging in social engineering? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't question the polling methods, I simply don't believe that many doctors would quit.

It costs nothing to say you'll quit, especially if you're opposed to the bill. And it's not like anyone is going to hold them to it.

Faced with reality, I'd guess that more than 90% of the I'd quitters would somehow figure out a way to continue earning a living in their chosen profession.

frankly, i'm more concerned that people intelligent enough to become doctors are also intelligent enough to see that they will have more attractive alternatives than a career in medicine at the retail level.

i don't know? i could be wrong....but from where i get with it in my searches, it looks like it could be?

i don't know? i could be wrong....but from where i get with it in my searches, it looks like it could be?

the copyright is that of the mass medical society, which owns NEJM.

if the poll is flawed, we'll find out.

we'll put kinsey milhone on it! :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back