Johnson CNN viewership for 2nd TownHall doubles over the 1st.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
CNN has discovered a new source of revenue.. Offering political CHOICE !!!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rian-town-hall-boosts-cnn-in-key-ratings-race

CNN’s second-ever broadcast of a Libertarian town hall was the most-watched program in cable news Wednesday night among adults in the key 25-54 demographic. The event, moderated by Anderson Cooper, ranked first among its cable news competitors, with 642,000 viewers in the demographic that advertisers value most.

Fox News was second, with 529,000 viewers in the demographic, but did beat CNN in total viewers, 2.18 million to 1.61 million, at that time.
The CNN town hall featured Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson, a former Republican governor of New Mexico, and William Weld, a former Republican governor of Massachusetts.

Last night's event saw a noticeable increase in viewers in both categories when compared to CNN's first Libertarian town hall. The network increased its number in total viewers by 74 percent — 1.61 million vs. 929,000 — and 101 percent in the 25-54 demographic — 640,000 vs. 320,000

Other than a really crappy tax plan that I suspect is simply a negotiating position best platform out there. That may ne enough to break 15%.

Maybe, maybe not. Ballot access being what it is, I doubt he gets enough write-in votes to make any difference in the outcome.

Really, if the Libertarians want to have any real shot at the White House, they need to get people into Congress and at the state and local level. I could probably count on both hands the number of Libertarians and minor party people holding any seats anywhere, from school board to dogcatcher to county assessor.

Maybe, maybe not. Ballot access being what it is, I doubt he gets enough write-in votes to make any difference in the outcome.

Really, if the Libertarians want to have any real shot at the White House, they need to get people into Congress and at the state and local level. I could probably count on both hands the number of Libertarians and minor party people holding any seats anywhere, from school board to dogcatcher to county assessor.

If I remember correctly Johnson is on all 50 states ballots this time around. In 2012 he was left off some states because he left the GOP primary a little late but this time he just ran Libertarian.

I would usually agree with the assertion that the Libertarians need to make more inroads at the local, state and Congressional levels before attempting the to gain the Oval Office but Johnson is not their typical candidate and Trump is hurting the GOP this election.

So this might be the one election where if Johnson can pull off getting on stage with the two big party candidates and win a few debates he might be their best shot ever...

The really critical problem for Johnson is that he has not positioned himself to take advantage of the opportunities that will happen:

Hillary did not take precautions of all the flights she took as first lady and SOS so as a matter of public record she has cardio-vascular problems.

There is evidence of pay for play when she was in the executive branch and freebie videos he could send out to his mailing list but I for one have not seen it.

Trump is an even more target rich environment yet Johnson has not made an altar call for Rs who can't work with Trump and/or want nothing to do with an establishment coup against the winner of the nomination. If Sarah Palin stayed on the ticket and Dan Quayle too such a coup will not go down well.

Forum List

Back