CNN guest calls them water carriers for Obama

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Video and full transcript at link.

Former CIA Agent Scolds CNN Anchor: 'You're Just Carrying Water For Obama' | NewsBusters.org

First he clears up the lie that NATO being in charge means we will not be blamed.

CHETRY: Yes, our firepower was used in the beginning, but that this is a coalition that includes Arab states.
SCHEUER: That may fool some Americans. It's not going to fool the people who sympathize with bin Laden and other Islamists. This is really a U.S.-led operation. And you talk about Arab states that are involved -- the Arab states are tyrannies that are hated by their own people. This is -- this is a piece of theater set up by Mrs. Clinton and Mr. McCain and the bipartisan group that loves to intervene abroad.
In the Muslim world, this is Americans killing Muslims again and it looks like it's for oil.
CHETRY: I just want to ask. Are you trying to have both ways in saying that, OK, these are tyrannies that hate their own people, well, that's why we're helping because in Libya, it was the people that wanted Gadhafi out, that they were tired of it. So, weren't we then supporting Islamic democracy, I guess you could say, in these countries where they're tired of totalitarian rule? SCHEUER: If we were supporting Islamic democracy, that would be one thing. But if you listen to Mrs. Clinton and especially rather crazed Ms. Rice at the U.N., this is all about democracy in a world where democracy is not going to take hold.
I like that, but wish more people would point out that NATO is essentially a sock puppet for the US. If we want something from them they always rubber stamp it.

Then he goes on to talk about how this is actually something both parties do, and how we cannot afford it. Romans tries to argue they are separate issues, and he lets her have it in the face.

ROMANS: And that's another story, to call the United States bankrupt. The United States is running huge deficits, yes, but the economy and this mission in Libya are two separate issues.
SCHEUER: They're not separate issues, ma'am. You're just carrying the water for Mr. Obama.
ROMANS: I'm certainly not carrying anyone's water. And I will assure you of that.
My guess is that he will not be back anytime soon.

Last edited:

Former CIA Agent Scolds CNN Anchor: 'You're Just Carrying Water For Obama' | NewsBusters.org

First he clears up the lie that NATO being in charge means we will not be blamed.

CHETRY: Yes, our firepower was used in the beginning, but that this is a coalition that includes Arab states.
SCHEUER: That may fool some Americans. It's not going to fool the people who sympathize with bin Laden and other Islamists. This is really a U.S.-led operation. And you talk about Arab states that are involved -- the Arab states are tyrannies that are hated by their own people. This is -- this is a piece of theater set up by Mrs. Clinton and Mr. McCain and the bipartisan group that loves to intervene abroad.
In the Muslim world, this is Americans killing Muslims again and it looks like it's for oil.
CHETRY: I just want to ask. Are you trying to have both ways in saying that, OK, these are tyrannies that hate their own people, well, that's why we're helping because in Libya, it was the people that wanted Gadhafi out, that they were tired of it. So, weren't we then supporting Islamic democracy, I guess you could say, in these countries where they're tired of totalitarian rule? SCHEUER: If we were supporting Islamic democracy, that would be one thing. But if you listen to Mrs. Clinton and especially rather crazed Ms. Rice at the U.N., this is all about democracy in a world where democracy is not going to take hold.
I like that, but wish more people would point out that NATO is essentially a sock puppet for the US. If we want something from them they always rubber stamp it.

Then he goes on to talk about how this is actually something both parties do, and how we cannot afford it. Romans tries to argue they are separate issues, and he lets her have it in the face.

ROMANS: And that's another story, to call the United States bankrupt. The United States is running huge deficits, yes, but the economy and this mission in Libya are two separate issues.
SCHEUER: They're not separate issues, ma'am. You're just carrying the water for Mr. Obama.
ROMANS: I'm certainly not carrying anyone's water. And I will assure you of that.

Scheuer is absolutely right.

Michael Scheuer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of the Bush administration, Scheuer warns against assigning it full responsibility for the nation's troubles since September 11, 2001. Although the "unprovoked attack of Iraq" will forever be remembered as "infamous", as will Dick Cheney's "reptilian contention that Americans who criticize U.S. foreign policy are 'validating the strategy of the terrorists'," according to Scheuer, a "bipartisan governing elite", both Democratic and Republican, is to blame for the nation's woes.[28] (Notwithstanding the bipartisan responsibility, Scheuer comments, "the thought of what history will say about Donald Rumsfeld's tenure at the Department of Defense ought to make his relatives shudder down to their latest generation.")

Last edited:

Of the Bush administration, Scheuer warns against assigning it full responsibility for the nation's troubles since September 11, 2001. Although the "unprovoked attack of Iraq" will forever be remembered as "infamous", as will Dick Cheney's "reptilian contention that Americans who criticize U.S. foreign policy are 'validating the strategy of the terrorists'," according to Scheuer, a "bipartisan governing elite", both Democratic and Republican, is to blame for the nation's woes.[28] (Notwithstanding the bipartisan responsibility, Scheuer comments, "the thought of what history will say about Donald Rumsfeld's tenure at the Department of Defense ought to make his relatives shudder down to their latest generation.")

Does this mean that you agree with Scheuer that Obama is lying about why we went to war in Libya?

Does this mean that you agree with Scheuer that Obama is lying about why we went to war in Libya?

You're expecting TM to have an opinion that in any way criticizes the Messiah? Are you kidding me?

You're expecting TM to have an opinion that in any way criticizes the Messiah? Are you kidding me?

The question should be: You're expecting TM to give an honest answer?

Not really.

But it is fun to pick at her. I guess she expects me to defend Bush as mindlessly as she defends Obama. Funny thing is, they were both wrong.

That's the Scheuer that I remember.

Even Scheur didn't say he was "lying." You people throw that word around like six-year olds.

Michael Scheur IS an expert on bin Laden, or rather was. I think he's been out of the loop too long, however. He also can be extremely rude, which apparently hasn't changed since he did interviews during the Bush Administration and bad-mouthed everybody then, too. The same type of information on bin Laden and his motives was provided by Richard Clarke, but in a much softer, saner tone which didn't piss people off.

I thought he was a Muslim from Kenya. :confused:

That's the Scheuer that I remember.

Exactly. He wears out his welcome real fast. But now that he's vilifying Obama, it's okay.

The Clinton News Network (CNN) has always carried the water for Obama!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2H170pf3a8&NR=1"]Biased CNN[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitgdqCjABg&feature=related"]CNN's Susan Roesgen confronted about her bias[/ame]

Last edited:
Kiran Chetrys' stellar qualifications as a Journo-List includes a stint as a talking head at Fox News.

MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Bill Maher are nothing more than a continuous Obama infomercial selling Obama at all cost. I wonder why all that air time is not counted as Obama's campaign contributions.

Even Scheur didn't say he was "lying." You people throw that word around like six-year olds.

He did not use those words, what he said was.

SCHEUER: That may fool some Americans. It's not going to fool the people who sympathize with bin Laden and other Islamists. This is really a U.S.-led operation.

And you talk about Arab states that are involved -- the Arab states are tyrannies that are hated by their own people. This is -- this is a piece of theater set up by Mrs. Clinton and Mr. McCain and the bipartisan group that loves to intervene abroad.

How could you be fooling anyone by telling the truth? That obviously means that someone is lying. In case you missed it, Obama is the one that is saying this is a NATO mission.

If you want more proof Obama is lying just challenge me again.

Michael Scheur IS an expert on bin Laden, or rather was. I think he's been out of the loop too long, however. He also can be extremely rude, which apparently hasn't changed since he did interviews during the Bush Administration and bad-mouthed everybody then, too. The same type of information on bin Laden and his motives was provided by Richard Clarke, but in a much softer, saner tone which didn't piss people off.

What is wrong with pissing people off?

you got that right.

I saw scheuer just tell babbling bill that Afghanistan is lost, has been lost and we should leave. I have to say, I agree.

he also said and is right, that karzai made comments that got those people going and that by and large the whole country, say 80% of the pop. feels same, they just cannot get at any American embassies or other western symbols to trash, or they would have.

Forum List

Back