CNN: Breaking down the Clinton campaign launch

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
A look at Clinton s campaign launch video - CNN.com

(video at the link)

Clinton officially entered the race on Sunday afternoon with about 55 minutes of activity.

It started just after 2:30 p.m. with an email from John Podesta, her campaign chairman, to veterans of Clinton's failed 2008 run for the White House, who informed her former staffers on that campaign that she was set to officially declare her candidacy once again.

He followed that up with an email to donors, who then got another email from Dennis Cheng, her new campaign's finance director.

By 3 p.m., Clinton's new website, HillaryClinton.com, was up and running, featuring a new logo of the letter "H," with an arrow pointing to the right. And on YouTube, the 2-minute, 18-second video announcing her candidacy was posted.

At 3:10 p.m., that video was posted to Clinton's Facebook page. And at 3:27 p.m., she tweeted to announce she is running.

For sure, this is a different kind of rollout than the traditional method.

I will be very interested to see what the polling over the next three weeks does.

Why three-weeks?

Well, in this week, polling data will be gathered and I assume that by then, Marco Rubio (R-FL) will also be in the race.

That means that data from this week will likely come out at the weekend or the beginning of next week. And from that point on, any data that comes is is definitely post-Clinton-announcement data.

BTW, at the Clinton Facebook page, many women who claim to be Republicans are already coming out and saying that they are going to vote for Hillary. I cannot prove their claims at all, but I can say that you can see these messages for yourself. This is exactly what the GOP is terrified of.

Oh, and I am pretty sure that political cartoons in the next weeks are going to be fun.

:D

It also appears that the Clinton campaign is playing nice with the media:

Clinton aides deliver pizza to waiting reporters - CNN.com

And she is DRIVING to Iowa today:

Hillary Clinton to drive to Iowa - POLITICO

The funny part of that story from Politico is that Glenn Thrush contributed to it. Yes, the same Glenn Thrush who wrote just a few short days ago that the wheels were already coming off the Clinton campaign.... lol...

Interesting information to discuss.

ALSO, NBC did a comparison to the Clinton rollout from January 20th, 2007, compared to now.

It is interesting:

From I m In to It s Your Time Clinton s Announcements Then and Now - NBC News

Last edited:
  • Banned
Huffpo is adding some other information, information I thought might be useful:

Hillary Clinton Campaign Kicks Off With Social Media Blitz Outreach To 2008 Alumni

She made her long-anticipated bid official with a tweet and video message Sunday afternoon.

The video featured a diverse group of actual voters -- rather than actors -- and underscored the theme of economic fairness that is expected to be a cornerstone of her campaign...

...Instead of following up this year's announcement with a big rally, Clinton will be holding a series of small, intimate events with voters modeled after the successful "listening tour" she conducted when she ran for U.S. Senate in New York in 2000.

"We're calling this the ramp-up phase," said Marlon Marshall, who is handling the campaign's state work, on Sunday's call. "It's a very similar operation to an exploratory committee, but we're not going to be coy. She's running for president."

He added that next month, there will be a larger kickoff event.

Forum List

Back