CMP "Expert" Grade M1 Garand

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Well the PPK did not last long....A friend saw and wanted it and said he had a Garand he got from the CMP last year he would do a partial trade on.

It was a CMP "Expert" Grade so he got the PPK and $500.00 and I what boils down to a like new Garand.....He had never fired it.....It has a fairly late Springfield receiver dating to May 1945.

I ended-up with about $775.00 in the Garand between the cash and what I paid for the PPK.

Here's how the CMP describes them:

EXPERT .30-06 GRADE RIFLES will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .30-06 Springfield.

Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.
The balance of parts on EXPERT Grade Rifles will match all service grade criteria, showing less wear and a better cosmetic appearance than a Field or Rack Grade. Cosmetic condition will be good to very good. Rifle finish may vary, exhibiting normal wear and/or color variation among the metal parts.

What I got is much better than the description (as they often are from what I've read on the CMP Fourm). Everyone but the "purists" seem real happy with them......LOL....But they are the types that will pay $600.00+ just for a USGI barrel.

g 004 (2).JPG

g 003 (2).JPG

Looks like it was built this time last year.

g 002 (2).JPG

I'd love to know more about the Civilian Marksmanship Program and how they sell Garand's, I"ve heard about it for years and have always wanted to own a Garand, to go with my Carbine.

Forum List

Back