Closing Guantánamo Fades as a Priority

Is it possible that Gitmo detainees heard about the weekend shooting rates in Chicago and said, hell no, we want no part of Illinois?

So what is the conclusion here? People who wanted Gitmo closed are supposed to vote Republican in 2012 because Obama hasn't closed Gitmo?
No, I don't expect them to vote Republican but I like pointing out how Obama lied to you to get elected. So you have to say to yourself; "What else could he be lying about?"

If it keeps Liberals dejected about their own party and staying at home on election day then that's like a vote for us.

It won't work. If they consider Obama the lesser of two evils they'll vote for him. You know like in basically every other election.

Translation: "Yeah, but...."

Your memory of the complaints from your fellow flaming leftoids is faltering... It was extremely popular with the left... It was unpopular with people who actually thought about it...

Reagan promised to balance the budget and didn't. Ever. He lied. Case closed. That's a bit more significant than Obama promising to close Gitmo and not getting it done on time.

Translation: "Yeah, but..."

I take it you have nothing in response to his posts.

Show me any polls before Obama was elected where a majority of Americans favored closing Gitmo. I said it was never popular, it wasn't. I am right, you are wrong.
I said it was popular with the flaming leftioids... I am right, you are an idiot...

He said it was never popular, and you changed the goalposts to mean 'popular with the left'.

Obama should bite the bullet and close the fucker anyway

Problem is the Republicans have created a group that can't be tried and can't be released. The republicans have fucked up all the evidence and engaged in torture. Now these men can't be tried

Just another case of Republicans gloating...."We fucked things up so badly, you can't fix it"

Reagan promised to balance the budget and didn't. Ever. He lied. Case closed. That's a bit more significant than Obama promising to close Gitmo and not getting it done on time.

My response to him says much... It's kind of subtle, so you probably won't get it...

Show me any polls before Obama was elected where a majority of Americans favored closing Gitmo. I said it was never popular, it wasn't. I am right, you are wrong.
I said it was popular with the flaming leftioids... I am right, you are an idiot...

He said it was never popular, and you changed the goalposts to mean 'popular with the left'.[/QUOTE]

I said it WAS popular - with the leftoids.... It was and is... He never said he meant "unpopular with all Americans".... No goalposts were moved and my statement remains true...

The left were the ones clamoring for it...

You're free to argue against that statement...

My response to him says much... It's kind of subtle, so you probably won't get it...

He said it was never popular, and you changed the goalposts to mean 'popular with the left'.

I said it WAS popular - with the leftoids.... It was and is... He never said he meant "unpopular with all Americans".... No goalposts were moved and my statement remains true...

The left were the ones clamoring for it...

You're free to argue against that statement...[/QUOTE]

I was talking to Rabbi, in the context of his statement:

So when he assumed office closing it was the will of the people, and at what point was closing it not the will of the people?

Are you trying to tell us that Rabbi was only talking about liberals?

So what is the conclusion here? People who wanted Gitmo closed are supposed to vote Republican in 2012 because Obama hasn't closed Gitmo?
No, I don't expect them to vote Republican but I like pointing out how Obama lied to you to get elected. So you have to say to yourself; "What else could he be lying about?"

If it keeps Liberals dejected about their own party and staying at home on election day then that's like a vote for us.

The Senate blocked his effort to close Gitmo. I posted that.

Wasn't that one of the reasons you Liberals voted for Obama? Why yes it was!:

NY Times Advertisement
Stymied by political opposition and focused on competing priorities, the Obama administration has sidelined efforts to close theGuantanamo prison, making it unlikely thatPresident Obama will fulfill his promise to close it before his term ends in 2013.
When the White House acknowledged last year that it would miss Mr. Obama’s initial January 2010 deadline for shutting the prison, it also declared that the detainees would eventually be moved to one in Illinois. But impediments to that plan have mounted in Congress, and the administration is doing little to overcome them.
I know that's gotta' just piss you Liberals off to no end! Knowing that they'll be held there and forced to participate in Soccer leagues.

Oh the Huge Manatee! :eek:

that pisses me off, it pissed me offer that he just moved this shit to bagram anyways.

I was talking to Rabbi, in the context of his statement:

So when he assumed office closing it was the will of the people, and at what point was closing it not the will of the people?

Are you trying to tell us that Rabbi was only talking about liberals?

I will not attempt to tell you what context Rabbi was using, but he did thank me for my post to you about it being popular with flaming leftoids...

The Democrats in the Senate you mean. Because the senate is under Democratic control. OR did you miss that memo?

The Democrats in the Senate you mean. Because the senate is under Democratic control. OR did you miss that memo?

So, D's R's or I's, you acknowedge that the Senate blocked funding for the closure, so blaming Obama for not closing Gitmo yet is

W R O N G.

So, D's R's or I's, you acknowedge that the Senate blocked funding for the closure, so blaming Obama for not closing Gitmo yet is

W R O N G.

No. He's the head of his party. Why can't he work with his own party members to do something he theoretically should be able to do just as CinC? He is incompetent is the reason.

W R O N G.

So you're saying 0bama is still stupid enough to want to close it, but his own party won't let him?

Or has he realized that closing Gitmo was a fucking stupid idea to begin with?

Forum List

Back