ClimateGate Totally Ignored By TV News Outlets Except Fox

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
The Obama administration has another reason to hate Fox: it appears to be the only national television news outlet in America interested in the growing ClimateGate scandal.

Despite last Friday morning's bombshell that hacked e-mail messages from a British university suggested a conspiracy by some of the world's leading global warming alarmists -- many with direct ties to the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- to manipulate temperature data, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and NBC through Monday evening have completely ignored the subject.

LexisNexis searches indicate that NPR appears to also be part of this news boycott.

By contrast, here are some of the stories news organizations apparently favored by the Obama adminstration have covered since ClimateGate broke:

ABC's "World News with Charles Gibson" Friday did a very lengthy piece about Oprah Winfrey ending her syndicated daytime talk show
ABC's "World News with Charles Gibson" Monday did a lengthy piece on new revelations involving the marital affair of Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.)
CBS "Evening News" Saturday reported a ten-year-old pianist playing at Carnegie Hall
CBS "Evening News" Sunday did lengthy pieces on the website FreeCreditReport.com not being free and the movie "New Moon"
CBS "Evening News" Monday did lengthy pieces about defective drywall and a man who makes money wearing t-shirts
NBC "Nightly News" Friday reported on Switzerland's supercollider being turned back on
NBC "Nightly News" Saturday did a somewhat lengthy report on food carts
NBC "Nightly News" Sunday reported the release of British singer Susan Boyle's CD, and then followed it up with another report Monday on her promoting it.
It's not that these aren't valid news stories, but should they ALL be of greater importance than a scandal involving scientists from around the world including some employed by NASA and American colleges?

ClimateGate Totally Ignored By TV News Outlets Except Fox | NewsBusters.org

The Obama administration has another reason to hate Fox: it appears to be the only national television news outlet in America interested in the growing ClimateGate scandal.

Despite last Friday morning's bombshell that hacked e-mail messages from a British university suggested a conspiracy by some of the world's leading global warming alarmists -- many with direct ties to the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- to manipulate temperature data, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and NBC through Monday evening have completely ignored the subject.

LexisNexis searches indicate that NPR appears to also be part of this news boycott.

By contrast, here are some of the stories news organizations apparently favored by the Obama adminstration have covered since ClimateGate broke:

ABC's "World News with Charles Gibson" Friday did a very lengthy piece about Oprah Winfrey ending her syndicated daytime talk show
ABC's "World News with Charles Gibson" Monday did a lengthy piece on new revelations involving the marital affair of Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.)
CBS "Evening News" Saturday reported a ten-year-old pianist playing at Carnegie Hall
CBS "Evening News" Sunday did lengthy pieces on the website FreeCreditReport.com not being free and the movie "New Moon"
CBS "Evening News" Monday did lengthy pieces about defective drywall and a man who makes money wearing t-shirts
NBC "Nightly News" Friday reported on Switzerland's supercollider being turned back on
NBC "Nightly News" Sunday reported the release of British singer Susan Boyle's CD, and then followed it up with another report Monday on her promoting it.
It's not that these aren't valid news stories, but should they ALL be of greater importance than a scandal involving scientists from around the world including some employed by NASA and American colleges?

Most people that I've attempted to even discuss this with have no idea what I'm talking about. Sometimes I think we're a country of fools, they've now gotten to the point where they outnumber anyone with common sense.

It will take some time, but the information is out now and it ain't going away. Once the gullible people that bought into the AGW hoax realize the truth, there will be a great deal of anger. This is just the beginning of an enormous scandal.

It will take some time, but the information is out now and it ain't going away. Once the gullible people that bought into the AGW hoax realize the truth, there will be a great deal of anger. This is just the beginning of an enormous scandal.

I agree with that. I think it's too 'big' to ignore and the implications for scientific research would be irreparably harmed if ignored.

I think the code is going to be looked at, then I think subpoenas are going to be flying. I hope I'm right on this.

Well, let's see. Short of researching the transcripts of every cable news program going back to last Friday, I'd have to say that your "list" above is pretty picky. As I recall, last Friday the top news stories were that the Senate was set for final debate the following day on their health care bill, and most networks that INTELLIGENT people watch were focusing on that. Also of importance in the news was the new guidelines for mamograms and pap smears, widely discussed because widely controversial; and oh yes, Sarah Palin was about to embark on her book tour, Obama had just returned from his Asia trip and his accomplishments were at the fore, and of course continued apprehension over Afghanistan.

So forgive me if I happened to miss reporting on a bunch of e-mails (the text of which I still haven't seen) which just happen to coincide with the upcoming summit on global warming. And which just happens to be a MONUMENTAL issue for the far right to glom onto as an issue winner in order to get them back in power. Surprise surprise.

I agree with that. I think it's too 'big' to ignore and the implications for scientific research would be irreparably harmed if ignored.

I think the code is going to be looked at, then I think subpoenas are going to be flying. I hope I'm right on this.

Subpoenas? For WHAT? You gonna sue, sweetheart?

We have a resident expert...Think I'll ask her.

Congress and UK Parliament both are looking into now. Really should keep up, sweetie.

Well, let's see. Short of researching the transcripts of every cable news program going back to last Friday, I'd have to say that your "list" above is pretty picky. As I recall, last Friday the top news stories were that the Senate was set for final debate the following day on their health care bill, and most networks that INTELLIGENT people watch were focusing on that. Also of importance in the news was the new guidelines for mamograms and pap smears, widely discussed because widely controversial; and oh yes, Sarah Palin was about to embark on her book tour, Obama had just returned from his Asia trip and his accomplishments were at the fore, and of course continued apprehension over Afghanistan.

So forgive me if I happened to miss reporting on a bunch of e-mails (the text of which I still haven't seen) which just happen to coincide with the upcoming summit on global warming. And which just happens to be a MONUMENTAL issue for the far right to glom onto as an issue winner in order to get them back in power. Surprise surprise.
You didn't read them? lol...Yet you are already jumping to conclusions? You should look at them, read them, understand what they mean. Then you can cry for a while after you realize that you've been duped by a scientific hoax.

NASA, for starters:

Climategate May Spur Lawsuit Against NASA for Denied Information Requests

Here is a link for the emails, Dude took some of them away, LOL!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/95445-the-warmergate-scandal-20.html#post1748609

Congress and UK Parliament both are looking into now. Really should keep up, sweetie.

Congress knows? Imagine that. Here I thought NOBODY knew except the right-wing blogosphere. At least that was the OP analysis.

You didn't read them? lol...Yet you are already jumping to conclusions? You should look at them, read them, understand what they mean. Then you can cry for a while after you realize that you've been duped by a scientific hoax.

I saw no link anywhere to the actual e-mails. I'm not questioning their content, by the way. What I'M saying is that the right wing fringe has taken off once again on an issue that eventually will be resolved anyway, like THIS is THE most important thing in the whole world. It isn't, except to promulgate your political importance.

ClimateGate Totally Ignored By TV News Outlets Except Fox

Planet+of+the+Apes+Simeon+Court+See+No+Evil.jpg

I saw no link anywhere to the actual e-mails. I'm not questioning their content, by the way. What I'M saying is that the right wing fringe has taken off once again on an issue that eventually will be resolved anyway, like THIS is THE most important thing in the whole world. It isn't, except to promulgate your political importance.

Dude said he posted the link, twice. I did once, to a USMB link that had the original. Are you just playing dumb? Those were to the emails, searchable too.

NASA, for starters:

Climategate May Spur Lawsuit Against NASA for Denied Information Requests

"Now we hear at the American Spectator that Chris Horner, on behalf of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, has filed a notice of intent to sue NASA for refusing for three years to turn over information requested under the Freedom of Information Act."

Hilarious. The right-wing American Spectator had best be careful about entering those muddy waters, since it was George Booooooooooooooooooosh's administration that squelched official NASA reports on global warming a long time ago.

Forum List

Back