Climate Colonialists Disrupt African Pipeline, Perpetuate Poverty

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Climate Colonialists Disrupt African Pipeline, Perpetuate Poverty

By Vijay Jayaraj

Climate activists’ ill-founded opposition to fossil fuels threatens to stop a major pipeline project in East Africa and stymie economic growth in Uganda and Tanzania — home to some of the world’s poorest people.

Uganda is betting big on its fossil fuel reserves. In February, China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and France’s TotalEnergies agreed to invest $10 billion to develop two Ugandan oil reserves. But the landlocked country needs the East African Crude Oil Pipeline project (EACOP) to transport its product to a port in Tanzania.

The 895-mile-long pipeline from Uganda’s Lake Alberta region to the seaport of Tanga will be the longest electrically heated crude oil pipeline in the world and will carry 216,000 barrels per day.

Should be 100 times worse than Nigeria ...but still the white wimminz activist can't butt out ...racists,!

sidjndndnfndnnf.jpeg

It's been a staple of Western literature for hundreds of years that "the white man" has to help the "noble savage" reach his true potential. It's called "The White Savior Complex".

Books and Movies like:
"Dances with Wolves"
"A Man Called Horse"
"Lord Jim"
"Dangerous Minds"

even
"Avatar"

The idea of white activists and celebrities jetting off to Africa to "save" the people there has become know as the "White Savior Industrial Complex" and is one of the fastest growing businesses on the planet.

It would be better if they sank the Chinese ships that were going to transport the oil. Kill two birds with one stone.

Climate change is just another way of saying wealth redistribution
Can anyone really suggest we have no need of wealth distribution when about 8 people own the wealth of over half the world. You are right though that capitalism and its continuous need of growth and war is seen, in the way it is run at the moment to be a choice. We keep the capitalism we have at the moment but do not live or we change into a form of living which will survive. We have very little time left and that now is being wasted with this dangerous and climate contaminating war against Russia.

Then stop whining and enjoy it!
There is clearly insanity in the world. People are prepared to consider nuking the world and you are fine with it ending, It is unlikely to have a personal impact on me despite the evidence which suggests that if we carry on using fossil fuels as we are in 8 years we will have 3 degrees global warming. Personally I have 5 grand children, one only 7 weeks old and I have a responsibility to leave this world in a fit state for them and everyone else to be able to live in rather than a short somewhat torturous life. Hardly anyone in the world does not now accept that that is where we are headed despite the lies presented by the fossil fuel billionaires who knew all the time what they are doing.

Libs want to keep the black man down. Instead of allowing the blacks to develop basic automotive transportation, they want the natives to continue to use the vines to transport themselves.

What libs don't realize is that a lot of Africa is savannah grass lands and doesn't have the number of jungle vines necessary for a transportation system. Thus, its necessary to bring in some pimped out rides to transport the brothers in the jungle to their cribs.

There is clearly insanity in the world. People are prepared to consider nuking the world and you are fine with it ending, It is unlikely to have a personal impact on me despite the evidence which suggests that if we carry on using fossil fuels as we are in 8 years we will have 3 degrees global warming.

I am turning 40 this year. I have heard this nonsense my entire life.

I am turning 40 this year. I have heard this nonsense my entire life.
Well that is hardly surprising. We have known about it since the turn into the 20th Century. You must have been 5,6,or 7 when we suddenly had to get to know and deal with Ozone. That was one where everyone put in right away and it was solved. Unfortunately we are still not started with gas and oil opening new fields. You are going to have to go through it, You may not see 'old age'. Your kids will suffer the most. The reality is we do still have the possibility to avoid the worst of climate change but it sure as hell does not look like we intend to particularly after starting this war with Russia.

Well that is hardly surprising. We have known about it since the turn into the 20th Century. You must have been 5,6,or 7 when we suddenly had to get to know and deal with Ozone. That was one where everyone put in right away and it was solved.
And how exactly was it solved? What specifically did they do?

Forum List

Back