Climate Catastrophe

We are apes who climbed down to a strange destiny. Not up, remember that, we went down and bi-pedal. Still there is a form of grace in that hard walk.

Prometheus' real gift was thought, not fire so I am pretty sure if Cro-Magnon Man can think his way out of an Ice Age or two, we can a global warming.

We are apes who climbed down to a strange destiny. Not up, remember that, we went down and bi-pedal. Still there is a form of grace in that hard walk.

Prometheus' real gift was thought, not fire so I am pretty sure if Cro-Magnon Man can think his way out of an Ice Age or two, we can a global warming.

Actually there are many people working on that right now. A very good book on this subject, and it's relationship to other problems, is Thomas Friedman's "Hot, Flat, and Crowded".

The problem is time. And a very large lack on knowledge on how climate reacts to warming.

you know the Sahara used to be a lush tropical rain forest/swamp as well as the antartic.....I guess we built a time machine sometime in the future and went back in time 4 million years ago and caused global warming and global cooling at the same time to and when we destroyed it enough, we went back to the current time sometime in the future.

Climate change happens, the little ice age we had before the revolutionary war for instance and yet we have not seen anything as dramatic since........strange.....

Yes I would like a cleaner environment and yes I recycle and do my part but what will happen will happen.

Last edited:
In nature, nothing just happens. That is basic science.

In climate, past and present, there are forcings that create the climate. Whether those forcings are GHGs, changes in solar output, or the configuration of the continents, they are the causes of the climate changing.

What will happen will happen, is just an excuse to remain ignorant, lazy, and hand problems and consequences to our children.

In climate, past and present, there are forcings that create the climate. Whether those forcings are GHGs, changes in solar output, or the configuration of the continents, they are the causes of the climate changing.

What will happen will happen, is just an excuse to remain ignorant, lazy, and hand problems and consequences to our children.

Yes, let's see if we can get the Big Yellow Thing in the Sky to fall in line.

What will happen will happen, and pretending we have the power to turn the sun into a static heat source like we were dialing up a thermostat is arrogance and hubris of the worst kind. People suffering from such delusions of control are better off buying a terrarium and playing God over their 10 gallon fish tank

What will happen will happen, and pretending we have the power to turn the sun into a static heat source like we were dialing up a thermostat is arrogance and hubris of the worst kind. People suffering from such delusions of control are better off buying a terrarium and playing God over their 10 gallon fish tank

I just pray the Warmers don't try and send a rocket to the Sun to catch its attention.:eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

I just pray the Warmers don't try and send a rocket to the Sun to catch its attention.:eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

it's cool, they'll sneak up on it at night.
:thup:

it's cool, they'll sneak up on it at night.
:thup:
:lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

Can't wait for Mythbusters to do AGW.

First take one sealed terrarium and add Earth atmosphere, N2, O2, Ar, etc CO2 (380 ppm).

Then take a second sealed terrarium and, if you have instruments sensitive enough, add another 120ppm (I'll be generous) of deadly CO2 and see if there are any differences between the 2 tanks.

According to projection, the second tank should spawn massive Cat 5 hurricanes, earthquakes and make your coffee pot boil over.

Forum List

Back