Civil rights activist Angela Davis learns she’s a descendant of Mayflower pilgrim

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
White man in the woodpile link

Birmingham native and civil rights activist Angela Davis, known as a part of the Black Power movement of the early 1970s, was shocked to learn that she is descended from a passenger on the Mayflower, one of the first settlers in America.

Henry Louis Gates Jr., host of the PBS program, “Finding Your Roots,” revealed Davis’ ancestry on a show that aired Tuesday night.
Davis’ 10th great-grandfather, tracing back through her father’s white father, Murphy Jones, was William Brewster, born in England in about 1570, Gates said.

Gates had Davis read about Brewster, who sailed in 1620 as one of the first settlers in America.

“That is a list of passengers on the Mayflower,” Gates said.

“No, I can’t believe this,” Davis said. “My ancestors did not come here on the Mayflower.”

“You are descended from one of the 101 people who sailed on the Mayflower,” Gates said.

Looks like Ms Davis owes reparations. ;)

476-342.gif

Birmingham native and civil rights activist Angela Davis, known as a part of the Black Power movement of the early 1970s, was shocked to learn that she is descended from a passenger on the Mayflower, one of the first settlers in America.

Henry Louis Gates Jr., host of the PBS program, “Finding Your Roots,” revealed Davis’ ancestry on a show that aired Tuesday night.
Davis’ 10th great-grandfather, tracing back through her father’s white father, Murphy Jones, was William Brewster, born in England in about 1570, Gates said.

Gates had Davis read about Brewster, who sailed in 1620 as one of the first settlers in America.

“No, I can’t believe this,” Davis said. “My ancestors did not come here on the Mayflower.”

“You are descended from one of the 101 people who sailed on the Mayflower,” Gates said.

476-342.gif
Not surprising since White men raped countless Black women when slavery was practiced

476-342.gif

I can't even imagine. :laughing0301:

pilgrim.jpg

Black thugs have pretty much evened the score.
yeh, seems like it

you see so much Black on White crime you start thinking Blacks attack Whites simply bc they are White.. then here come the liberals of today letting them know that's fine because Whitey deserves it (for crimes done 160 years ago by someone's ancestors, who knows which ones or anything...)

She brought a handgun into a prison hidden under her afro wig and gave it to a monster who used it in a escape spree but she was found not guilty in a jury trial. What the hell happened?

She brought a handgun into a prison hidden under her afro wig and gave it to a monster who used it in a escape spree but she was found not guilty in a jury trial. What the hell happened?
shame on the prison for not searching her better.

Forum List

Back