Churches destroyed after blasphemy sentence handed down

The Hatter

Feb 1, 2011
Churches destroyed after blasphemy sentence handed down - CNN.com

Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN) -- Three Christian churches in Indonesia were destroyed by an angry mob during clashes with police Tuesday that erupted after a local court handed down a verdict against a Christian man accused of blasphemy against Islam, authorities said.

The man was given a five-year sentence, said national police spokesman Col. Boy Rafli Amar, but the protesters wanted him to face a stiffer penalty.
The destroyed churches were in Temanggung, Central Java, Amar said. "The scene is now under police control," he said. "It's calm but security is high.

The attacks were the second violent incident against minority religious groups in Indonesia in the past three days. On Sunday, a mob of about 1,000 people, wielding knives and stones, attacked about 25 members of the Muslim minority sect, Ahmadiyah, in Cikeusik village in West Java's Banten province. Three people were killed and six others injured. The crowd opposed the presence of the Ahmadiyah in the village and demanded the group stop its activities.

This doesn't sound very peaceful to me. I do hope those who committed the crimes are arrested and brought to justice but I guess we'll see.

Right wing America stood by and watched Christian churches in Iraq torched. Why does it matter in a country we never invaded and unimportant in a country we invaded?

Right wing America stood by and watched Christian churches in Iraq torched. Why does it matter in a country we never invaded and unimportant in a country we invaded?

What? Is this some attempt at humor? A caricature perhaps?

Welcome to the 14th Century.

torture.rack.jpg

Not to the Iraqi Christians whose population mysteriously declined by about a million after we "liberated" them and made Islam the "National Religion" in Iraq. "Good job Brownie".

Not to the Iraqi Christians whose population mysteriously declined by about a million after we "liberated" them and made Islam the "National Religion" in Iraq. "Good job Brownie".
It is all about Bush with you, aint it idiot? He isn't talking about Iraq, focus nutjob.

Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN) -- Three Christian churches in Indonesia were destroyed by an angry mob during clashes with police Tuesday that erupted after a local court handed down a verdict against a Christian man accused of blasphemy against Islam, authorities said.

The man was given a five-year sentence, said national police spokesman Col. Boy Rafli Amar, but the protesters wanted him to face a stiffer penalty.
The destroyed churches were in Temanggung, Central Java, Amar said. "The scene is now under police control," he said. "It's calm but security is high.

The attacks were the second violent incident against minority religious groups in Indonesia in the past three days. On Sunday, a mob of about 1,000 people, wielding knives and stones, attacked about 25 members of the Muslim minority sect, Ahmadiyah, in Cikeusik village in West Java's Banten province. Three people were killed and six others injured. The crowd opposed the presence of the Ahmadiyah in the village and demanded the group stop its activities.

This doesn't sound very peaceful to me. I do hope those who committed the crimes are arrested and brought to justice but I guess we'll see.

Such a tolerant and peaceful religion the muslims have. Such a tolerant and peaceful people the muslims are.

And oh my...a blasphemer! How will they ever recover.

Such a tolerant and peaceful religion the muslims have. Such a tolerant and peaceful people the muslims are.

And oh my...a blasphemer! How will they ever recover.

No different than Jews and Christians.

Except that actually obey God's laws, whereas Christians feel free to remove a jot or a tittle and will burn in the lake of fire for it.

I applaud these people for obeying God's will diligently in these sinful and godless times :clap2:

Ah. Religion. Just makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy knowing the horror, pain and despair opposing religions do to each other. Not.

America stood and watched its own black Churches burned down by white terrorist....difference is the Iraqi Churches were burned because of what the ten commandments say " thou shalt not worship any graven images", but the American Churches were burned because they did not like the colour of the worshippers....:eusa_pray:

^^ I wonder whose sock puppet this is?^^

Such a stupid statement to be made, and how dumb it is to make a blanket statement based off a single angry mob. You think the Muslims who didn't care about the ruling made the news?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back