Church vs. welfare state

Euro

Aug 27, 2011
Scandinavia
How do the church work as a welfare office, does it work better than the government. I’ve never thought of the chruch as providning welfare. But does it work so well, that their is no need for a welfare state?

Say you want welfare in US: Is it the government or the churches that provides the best welfare, what welfare can I get in the church? Can they give food and money as the government can?

If you were broke and needed food and stuff, would you’ve gone to the church or the governments welfare office? Who gives the best services?

How do the church work as a welfare office, does it work better than the government. I’ve never thought of the chruch as providning welfare. But does it work so well, that their is no need for a welfare state?

Say you want welfare in US: Is it the government or the churches that provides the best welfare, what welfare can I get in the church? Can they give food and money as the government can?

If you were broke and needed food and stuff, would you’ve gone to the church or the governments welfare office? Who gives the best services?

Tell us..

With my family situation I would qualify for food stamps if my income drops to 52k

The church cant touch this.

Tell us..

With my family situation I would qualify for food stamps if my income drops to 52k

What can the churches give you, can they give you money? What’s the pros/cons for government welfare vs. church welfare?
If you wanted welfare, what would you choose? Government office or chrurch?

Tell us..

What can the churches give you, can they give you money? What’s the pros/cons for government welfare vs. church welfare?
If you wanted welfare, what would you choose? Government office or chrurch?

My understanding is the church will give you a helping hand, pass your name around if needing work etc.

The church is not set up for long term assistance.

There are many pros and cons from both sides of the argument. One enables poor behavior and that can not be argued. In fact it has led to a 40% birth rate to single parents. Who needs fathers when you have uncle sugar.

Church is not welfare.
There is a big difference between church charity and government welfare.
Charity brings you help and relief and gets you back on your feet.
Welfare keeps you on government monthly checks and traps you into the system.
Charity gives you freedom
Welfare enslaves you.

Church is not welfare.
Welfare enslaves you.

But if you are broke and don’t have any money. Should the person just starve to death then, that’s what would happen without a welfare state?
Lets say you lose your job and cant pay your rent and food, what can you do then if the government don’t help you?

If you go the church can they help you with food and housing the same way as government can?

Church is not welfare.
Welfare enslaves you.

But if you are broke and don’t have any money. Should the person just starve to death then, that’s what would happen without a welfare state?
Lets say you lose your job and cant pay your rent and food, what can you do then if the government don’t help you?

If you go the church can they help you with food and housing the same way as government can?

Yes they can and they do.
They help with food, rent, clothing if needed and links to jobs.
They can help for 2 or 3 months till you can get yourself and your family on your own two feet.
Welfare keeps you on checks for years and after 6 months or more, it makes it very hard to get out of that system because of the way it is designed.

Very few people die of starvation in America compared to the rest of the world.
Charity helped during the great depression before we ever had monthly welfare checks.

Forum List

Back