Christine O'Donnell Sued For Allegedly Breaking Campaign Finance Laws In 2010

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-CHRISTINE-ODONNELL-CAMPAIGN-FINANCE-large.jpg

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Election Commission filed suit Monday against former Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell for allegedly using campaign funds for personal purposes.

The complaint, filed in the United States District Court of Delaware, claims that O'Donnell and then-campaign treasurer Matthew Moran illegally used $20,000 in funds raised for her 2010 Senate campaign to pay for her personal rent and utility bills during and after the election. The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington originally filed a complaint with the FEC containing those allegations in September 2010.

From 2010 through 2011, the complaint alleges, O'Donnell and Moran spent at least $20,000 on rent and utilities at O'Donnell's townhouse in Greenville, Delaware, which also doubled as her campaign headquarters. Federal campaign finance laws forbid the use of campaign funds to pay rent on a personal residence.

Lawyers for the FEC ask the court to force O'Donnell to repay the $20,000 in expenses spent on her housing, and to find an appropriate civil penalty for both O'Donnell and Moran for breaking the campaign finance law. The suit also notes that the FEC has attempted to settle with O'Donnell and Moran for payment of the $20,000, but was rebuffed.

More: Christine O Donnell Sued For Allegedly Breaking Campaign Finance Laws In 2010

Christine "I'm Not A Witch" O'Donnell is absolutely one of the looniest candidates I've ever seen run for elected office. I hope the FEC stays after her.

Being a crook RW won't stop her from running for something or other though.

Maybe on the $tupid$arah fishwife platform.

:boobies::boobies:

Forum List

Back