Christians fear world will end in 2 weeks

Btw it's been two weeks and I haven't heard from any Christian I know who fears the world is going to end.

Later this month there will be a fourth consecutive blood moon. This makes it a "tetrad." The Bible refers to this in "Acts" and "Revelations." The story is on Drudge right now and a book about this reached #9 on the best seller list last year.

So it looks like probably we're all gonna die by an asteroid.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...moon-and-meteor-strike-prophecy-10491339.html

We're all still here, Old School. I hope your mind has been put at ease now about the meteor strike.
It was a misinterpretation of the bible. Everything will happen EXACTLY as the bible predicted... but NEXT YEAR! It is written!

Been two weeks since the 9th...

... Granny out onna front porch with her bags packed...

... waitin' fer the Rapture to come an' take her.
Don't unpack those bags just yet, Granny. God has yet to reveal His hand on the forth blood moon. Each blood moon has had its significance, 1st- understanding, 2nd- knowledge, 3rd- wisdom. The first three have made a kind of logical chain. I do not know what the forth will be. Rapture? Second Coming? Perhaps. These are kind of NT though and I am still strictly OT. Although I think I understand Jesus much better than I used to. Give it just a little more time. You did remember to bring extra oil, right?

.... also, in the Bible, Jesus said he came to Earth not to bring Peace but a SWORD (Matthew 10:34) - additionally, he said he came to set mother against daughter etc.(Matthew 10:35)

The Corinthians thought like many people do today, that Jesus is about everyone "going along to get along".
This is NOT correct.

The Corinthians had a church member that was in relationship with his step-mother, Paul told them they were to discipline him and set him out....

I dont think Jesus is about "going along to get along" as you put it.
Not sure what else you are trying to imply
I do know this now...and only since I became a Christian
“...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day....

"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with [God's] TRUTH, having put on the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of PEACE; above all, taking the shield of FAITH with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD of GOD; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-17

blue-small.jpg

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

"Therefore submit to God.' Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [REPENT], you sinners; and purify your hearts.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:7:10

“...do not sin: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place [lest you give a foothold] to the devil." Ephesians 4:26-27

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." 1 Revelation 12:11

.... also, in the Bible, Jesus said he came to Earth not to bring Peace but a SWORD (Matthew 10:34) - additionally, he said he came to set mother against daughter etc.(Matthew 10:35)

The Corinthians thought like many people do today, that Jesus is about everyone "going along to get along".
This is NOT correct.

The Corinthians had a church member that was in relationship with his step-mother, Paul told them they were to discipline him and set him out....

“...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day....

"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with [God's] TRUTH, having put on the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of PEACE; above all, taking the shield of FAITH with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD of GOD; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-17

blue-small.jpg

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

"Therefore submit to God.' Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [REPENT], you sinners; and purify your hearts.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:7:10

“...do not sin: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place [lest you give a foothold] to the devil." Ephesians 4:26-27

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." 1 Revelation 12:11

Question Feather Lite.................do you actually follow these principals, or, do you use them as a weapon to beat others with?

I'm guessing the latter, because based on your posts, you're a cafeteria Christian, meaning that you pick and choose what is Godly, and what is not.

This is NOT correct.

blue-small.jpg

Question Feather Lite.................do you actually follow these principals, or, do you use them as a weapon to beat others with?

I'm guessing the latter, because based on your posts, you're a cafeteria Christian, meaning that you pick and choose what is Godly, and what is not.

Biker you're welcome to your opinion but... the intention of my posts has been time passing chit chat, posting images of scenery,laughing at cute animals and reading about politics( something I only pay attention to when I hear others discuss it)
I have no desire to use anything as a weapon against anyone....but I will if its needed.
...no, I dont think I follow anything perfectly. You are wrong about me being a "cafeteria" Christian...very wrong.

This is NOT correct.

blue-small.jpg

She is quoting Scripture and you are attacking her for it.

Later this month there will be a fourth consecutive blood moon. This makes it a "tetrad." The Bible refers to this in "Acts" and "Revelations." The story is on Drudge right now and a book about this reached #9 on the best seller list last year.

Some people are predicting that the world will end later this month

...Meanwhile, 3 weeks later. :)

If they really knew scripture, they would realize no one knows the day... only God.
I have no idea why intelligent Christians would say they know when end times is............

If they really knew scripture, they would realize no one knows the day... only God.
I have no idea why intelligent Christians would say they know when end times is............
Interesting, because I wonder why so many intelligent Christians believe they are engaging in cannibalism every Sunday.

Interesting, because I wonder why so many intelligent Christians believe they are engaging in cannibalism every Sunday.

only the dumb-ass Catholics

only the dumb-ass Catholics
No many other denominations do it too. At least the Catholics don't fall over in a fake trance like the weird Baptist cults that exist around the country.

I have a hypothesis why,

$$$

What I'm continuously amazed at is how anyone not having a deathwish claims to have received prophetic knowledge. According to Torah, false prophets are to be killed.

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
- Deuteronomy 13, KJV

We're all still here, Old School. I hope your mind has been put at ease now about the meteor strike.
It was a misinterpretation of the bible. Everything will happen EXACTLY as the bible predicted... but NEXT YEAR! It is written!
Tell them we need chapter and verse though for where it says.............next year! lol. You have to hold their feet to the fire and don't let them wiggle, Old School. I'm wondering how much money these people made on their Books and Predictions.

Forum List

Back