Christianity is the only religion that requires one admit they are guilty.

THE LIGHT

Silver Member
Christianity is the only religion that you have to admit that you are a sinner and that you cannot make it to heaven based on your own works.

Every other religion is just a different flavor of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (i.e. approaching God with good works)

Tell us Light--Do you pray each time you sin?

Can you remember all of your sins? Is it possible that you forgot some of your sins?

Can recognize when you commit a sin? Even if you have justifications to commit the sin?

Finally, If my old sunday school teacher was right, can you be sincere in understanding why your sin was evil when you ask for forgiveness, and not just sincerity in being forgiven?

Personally, If there was a God, I just don't think that GOD would care that much about every personal sin an individual commits--and in some cases,the God would probably prefer you to commit the sin in order that you may survive.

Faith healing and Martyrdom are signs of a cult.....

But then, Christianity is focused on what happens after the physical death.

Christianity is the only religion that you have to admit that you are a sinner and that you cannot make it to heaven based on your own works.

Every other religion is just a different flavor of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (i.e. approaching God with good works)

What flavor of Christianity are you talking about? Not making it to heaven based on good works is a Protestant tenet, not Catholic or Orthodox.

Tell us Light--Do you pray each time you sin?

I'm not talking about saved individuals, I am talking about the unsaved. Jesus forgave our sins past present and future the minute we "confessed" them. ;)

Can you remember all of your sins? Is it possible that you forgot some of your sins?

Yes it is possible. But if you think that is a problem, Satan will be more than glad to help you out in that category. (Rev 12:10) :lol:

but again, this has nothing to do with the topic.

Can recognize when you commit a sin? Even if you have justifications to commit the sin?

Sin means "to miss the mark," so, yeah, when you fall down, you get back up again and keep on going...

Finally, If my old sunday school teacher was right, can you be sincere in understanding why your sin was evil when you ask for forgiveness, and not just sincerity in being forgiven?

Well, when you ask Jesus into your life it is important to be sincere, but that is purely between you and G-d. You will know if you are sincere that is unless one chooses to consistently lie to themselves.

Personally, If there was a God, I just don't think that GOD would care that much about every personal sin an individual commits--and in some cases,the God would probably prefer you to commit the sin in order that you may survive.

G-d never asks you to commit sin in order to survive. He will forgive you if you do (he did for Abraham), but it is ignorant to think that G-d needs you to sin because He, Creator of the Universe, cannot provide for you. He says to cast your cares upon Him for he careth for you (1 Peter 5:7).

Don't worry, G-d will look out for you...
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? -Luke 12:27-28

Do not think that sin is just merely the act of "getting away with something." G-d because he loves us so much, came to save us from sin.

Faith healing and Martyrdom are signs of a cult.....

Nice little word play there. :lol:

Last edited:

What flavor of Christianity are you talking about? Not making it to heaven based on good works is a Protestant tenet, not Catholic or Orthodox.

I am talking about Biblical Christianity.

Based on judiasm you are actually responsible for your actions.

You can't mass murder 2,000 people, then decide that you "found jesus" and get into heaven. You have accountability for your actions.

Also, sins are between you and another person, and/or between you and G-D. No other person can absolve you of your own sins.

In fact, in judaism placing your trust in anyone but G-D is a grave sin.

Also, if you sin against another person, before you even ask G-D for forgiveness, you are first supposed to ask and get forgiveness from the person you sinned against.

Based on judiasm you are actually responsible for your actions.

You can't mass murder 2,000 people, then decide that you "found jesus" and get into heaven. You have accountability for your actions.

Also, sins are between you and another person, and/or between you and G-D. No other person can absolve you of your own sins.

In fact, in judaism placing your trust in anyone but G-D is a grave sin.

Also, if you sin against another person, before you even ask G-D for forgiveness, you are first supposed to ask and get forgiveness from the person you sinned against.

I know Mike. :)

That is what makes the major difference between Judaism and Christianity. Christians believe Jesus is G-d while the current form of Judaism says otherwise.

Christians also happen to believe that because we are all born in Adam we are born of his bloodline and are therefore corruptible. Since the life of the flesh is in the blood we are filled with sinful blood the day we are born. Therefore we must have a substitute to take away our sinful blood and replace it with the blood of an innocent sacrifice. One that is without spot or blemish. However, it cannot be the blood of bulls and goats because that is only temporal but rather G-d sent his Son (fully G-d in the flesh) so that we might be reconciled to our Father forever more...

...but it requires one to plead guilty... this is something which is unique to Christianity. All other religions are works based.

We are born with a good inclination and a bad inclination.

What brings us closer to G-D is to ignore the bad inclination, controlled by the devil. You can help the old lady across the street or push her in the way. If you help her across the street you are getting get closer to G-D.

As I said you are responsible for what you do.

Obviously we are not perfect. Otherwise we would be robots or angels. G-D knows this, he made this.

Therefore, when we sin there are steps we can do to get forgiveness. Obviously in judaism none of them has anything to do with jesus. They are...

Spiraling Towards Repentance - My Jewish Learning

Forum List

Back