Christian Teacher Gets Fired Because of Her Christianity

Discussion in 'Education' started by teapartysamurai, May 24, 2011.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,875
    Read more: Assistant teacher says she was fired for Christian faith - NYPOST.com

Anyone have any doubts that if this woman was Muslim, the defenders would be coming out of the woodwork to help her?

2. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    You're right...they would set a room aside for muslims to pray! If this is true, then i would think she would have a big lawsuit in her favor!! But, now it's proving it...sad.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    And no one is coming out of the woodwork to help here now?

Someone wrote the article.

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    Why didn't gawd help her? Didn't he listen to her prayers? Maybe he disagrees with her.

5. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Now I understand why you are so disliked. While I agree with you on a number of things, it doesn't change the fact that you are a bit of a douchebag.

6. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Does anyone have a valid news site for this bit of so called news? I googled text and wingnutteryland has it everywhere as is their wont, but is there more to the story than this possibly irrelevant piece?

But aren't you winguts being a little hypocritical over someone being fired - assuming she was - doesn't capitalism require adherence to rule, and if she broke any, or wasn't liked, so what? You don't cry over Walmart's horrid treatment of employees, why cry over this? Picking and choosing your concern is rather phony.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  7. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    What rule did she break? And is there a rule that states employees have to be liked?
    Because Walmart doesn't treat their employees horribly.
    Oh, you mean like you're doing, dismissing this woman's claims but getting all weepy about Walmart's employees?

8. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Midcan5, I only found 2 news areas that posted in in 3 pages of google, and the second (Brooklyn Teacher Says She Was Fired For Praying In School | News One) was a shorter, nearly verbatim pickup to the story at the nypost.com link: Assistant teacher says she was fired for Christian faith - NYPOST.com The second story was also published several days later than the NYPost version.

Most schools are advised by their counsels not to respond in any way to anyone asking questions in cases of employee firings in which a pending court case exists. We will therefore not know the other side of the story until the case is tried or settled out of court, in which case, the public may never know the school's version.

There are intimations here and there that the complaintant grabbed a child, which she denies emphatically. Since the school cannot and will not say, all that is known is what the fired teacher says.

I can't tell whether someone is lying or not if I can't see their eyes. Her picture, now all over the web, shows a woman with dark glasses covering her eyes.

Charges that religion got someone fired is sad. A person falsely claiming a popular shibboleth in order to get instant revenge on someone they hate is the only thing I know that is sadder. I can't tell in this case.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  9. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,472
    So YOU were the principle. Go figure.

10. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Uh teaparty, if this had happened to a Muslim woman you wouldn't have posted about it, now would you?

Anyhoo, there are wacko principals out there that go over the line in their power and use their personal bias against other teachers, I've seen it done firsthand to a few teachers I've worked with.

There needs to be a full investigation to get to the bottom of this.