Chris Matthews Actually Nails It

Chris is a buttwad, but I really liked his analogy this time.:lol:

The whole body language thing has zero relevance when you're talking about a young dude with no physical ailments or disfigurements, and an old guy who is stove up and has many miles on his face.

Ali, you have no frigging idea of what you're talking about.

The body language he showed on his face has nothing to do with age. The grimacing and rolling his eyes are the real message he is sending. He is a pissed off person that this young whippersnapper is out doing him in the polls and in the debates.

Body language accounts for 55% of the message you send when you are communicating. His body language shows arrogance, petulance and a nasty little man. You might want to read a good book on communication skills.

Last edited:
Discussing the body language of McCain and Obama, Chris was talking to Nora O,Donnel and the other guy with the little beard.

At the end of the discussion he said, "It's like Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. Bugs just keeps smiling while getting Elmer Fudd all upset."

'Nails what?' From the title you are insinuating/inferring something was 'nailed', what is it you are referring to?

Perhaps your right on the money on the lost faith part and thats really too bad too at one time it was an honorable profession to be in the media. However now, I am not sure it's held in such high esteem as these numerous pundits have seen to it that the profession itself has somehow been diminished.

The profession *has* been diminished. But I wonder how much of that is also because of the constant "playing the ref" that's the right has done, along with cries of "liberal media"... when all the while "right wing" media was just as obvious, if not more so.

I don't know what the answer is.

BTW, I do think I might have to correct something I said earlier. For some reason, I thought Chris Matthews was employed by the Kennedy white house. I can't find a link to that now, so I may have confused it with the book he wrote about Nixon/Kennedy. He was a speechwriter for Carter, though. Apologies.

Discussing the body language of McCain and Obama, Chris was talking to Nora O,Donnel and the other guy with the little beard.

At the end of the discussion he said, "It's like Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. Bugs just keeps smiling while getting Elmer Fudd all upset."

There is some truth to that, they both made me laugh.

The profession *has* been diminished. But I wonder how much of that is also because of the constant "playing the ref" that's the right has done, along with cries of "liberal media"... when all the while "right wing" media was just as obvious, if not more so.

I don't know what the answer is.

BTW, I do think I might have to correct something I said earlier. For some reason, I thought Chris Matthews was employed by the Kennedy white house. I can't find a link to that now, so I may have confused it with the book he wrote about Nixon/Kennedy. He was a speechwriter for Carter, though. Apologies.

Not a problem I thought Chris was looking pretty good to have been in the Kennedy Administration. He would pretty long in the tooth by now. So no need to apologize jillian.

I have zero respect for Chris Matthews ray and it surprises me he can even find the office in the morning. The man has lost all of his credentials in my mind wih his blatent support of Obama in this race.

Maybe it's because, for the first time, he actually believes in a canidate, after 8 years of torture. Is that so wrong? Please. We've been having to watch O'Reilly and Hanity spew ignorance and hatred to such an extreme level. I've noticed a change in Chris too, but I honestly think it's because he's positioned himself behind the canidate he actually believes in, even at the peril of possibly losing his credibily as a balanced pundit. I think that shows incredible courage.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because, for the first time, he actually believes in a canidate, after 8 years of torture. Is that so wrong? Please. We've been having to watch O'Reilly and Hanity spew ignorance and hatred to such an extreme level. I've noticed a change in Chris too, but I honestly think it's because he's positioned himself behind the canidate he actually believes in, even at the peril of possibly losing his credibily as a balanced pundit. I think that shows incredible courage.

Well hopefully you have had the chance to read my posts new, as my posts are to argue the merits of Hannity vs. Matthews as both of them suffer from the same problem as far as I am concerned at that is this ability to editorialize each and every story that comes across their desks. IMHO an editorial should have a place in news yes, but not dominate the news cycles like it does in this day and age. It is one reason why I had mentioned earlier that the viewer should be the one that makes the decision as to mertis of a story and how it impacts them and not the media before hand. Matthews and the rest of the crowd at MSNBC, NBC, FOX, CNN have dropped all pretense of prefessional news converage and stepped into the pages of the editorial section. I have a further issue with NBC in general that effects me directly as some of my retirement is in G.E. stock and I blame the current CEO/Board and the entertainment division as well as other mismanaged divisions of that company for running a GREAT company into the ground with no feelings at all for the stockholders. So when I see an employee of G.E. like Matthews who makes a complete unprofessional ass out of himself with his feelings running up his leg. or feeling giddy over the latest Obama poll numbers it does not surprise me that the division he is in is constantly #3 in the ratings and has lost all track of the word professional. This is not by the way my approval of the other networks conduct , far from it. So if I left you with that impression then forgive me.

Yes Chris does nail it.....:cuckoo:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m9Gbb6NSwM]YouTube - Matthews Feels a "Furrowing Up His Leg"??[/ame]

The OP seems to be doing the same exact thing, with the same biases. Like a blind person who follows direction from a guide dog.

There's a new response from Jillian, NOT.

putting into advanced search, on the site mind you-not google,
we get this::

dumb toast jillian US Message Board - Search Results

feeling a little cranky kathianne?

Andl, interestingly enough, I went through one of the threads in your pretend "search". What I got was RGS saying someone was "dumb" and me having posted 5 pages later in the same thread... and not saying the phrase in question.

Forum List

Back