Chris Dodd = lying weasel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibsBetrayUSA, Apr 6, 2009.

1. LibsBetrayUSA

LibsBetrayUSA Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Senator Chris Dodd Is a Lying Weasel

Is there a politician more out of touch than Sen. Chris Dodd? The signs are everywhere. The Hartford Courant, perhaps the newspaper that Republicans love to loathe the most in this state, plastered a grimacing Dodd on the front page yesterday above the fold.

Even the New Haven Register, a newspaper hated almost as much as the Hartford Courant, has seen fit to pummel Dodd today in their editorial page: “Chris Dodd is a lying weasel.” Not much gray area in that one.

But the real Chris Dodd news of the day isn’t the continuing fallout from the AIG fiasco, though it continues. The story of the day is the release of a staff report from the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform entitled “Friends of Angelo: Countrywide’s Systematic and Successful Effort to Buy Influence and Block Reform” spells out how Countrywide Financial sought to influence policymakers in Washington and keep them free of the regulatory oversight. This lack of oversight, among other factors, was the catalyst for the current recession in the economy.

The report spells out how the scam took place, with CEO Angelo Mozilo playing a key role in day-to-day decisions on the VIP loans. The recipients knew they were VIPs because documents all had the business cards of their loan officer which clearly indicated they were being handled by the VIP unit.

The reason why Senator Dodd took 235 days to host a “show and tell” on his two sweetheart mortgage deals is obvious - he knew he was guilty.

2. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,081
    i am so looking forward to voting his ass out of office

3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,945

Now you just watch what you say about Dodd- you'll incur the wrath of SillyBoBo who is famous for:

"Drudge and Fox lie- lie, I tell you- about Dodd writing the exec-bonus clause."

Unfortunately, Dodd became the first witness against Silly.

Never mind.

4. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Chris Dodd is a brave and kindly soul who only wishes the best for AIG...

[​IMG]

5. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    That crooked jackass is circling the drain. His upcoming campaign is apparently well funded so he may escape.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,167
    The difference between you and me is I won't defend Dodd like you guys defended McCain & Bush.

McCain did a lot of this very same shit and you guys wanted to make him president.

I didn't vote for Dodd in the Democratic Primaries.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,167
    Free from regulatory oversite? So he acted just like a Republican.

So who will you people vote for? You can't vote Dodd out and vote in a GOP'er who will also be big on less regulations.

The only thing you righties can prove is that SOME Democrats are as bad as MOST Republicans.

And what about the last 8 years when we were telling you righties that your politicians were doing this shady stuff? You didn't vote your corruption out of office.

So I think we are better off with Dodd than replacing him with any Republican.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. Silver Diva

Silver Diva Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dodd is a lying sack of kaka! It is amazing that he was allowed to get away with his open lie about inserting the bonus clause. Only Fox News had something to say about it. Its too bad that Fox News has so little credibility that no one really pays attention to them....unless you are Cheney!

9. C-101

C-101 Old School Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I would say that if that was ever the case, it has certainly changed now.

Fox had more than a 29% increase in viewership to start off the year and has taken a massive lead at the top in cable news viewership.

Obviously, someone thinks they are credible. (Including myself. Glenn Beck all the way past Hannity and O'Reilly.)