Chinese scientists have tested a prototype supersonic rocket engine that is twice as efficient as similar engines.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Chinese Scientists Manage To Double The Efficiency Of Hypersonic Missile Engines
Chinese scientists have tested a prototype supersonic rocket engine that is twice as efficient as similar engines. For this, a new solid fuel feed technology has been used, allowing more efficient combustion, informed the South China Morning Post, citing a study published in the scientific journal Solid Rocket Technology. A hypersonic ramjet (scramjet) is a […]

The post Chinese scientists manage to double the efficiency of hypersonic missile engines appeared first on The Eastern Herald.

Remote : Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:39:44 +0000
Local : 2023-02-22(Wednesday) 17 : 39 : 44

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

FYI. this certainly would increase the range of these things.

I don't think Americans are going to accept that China is capable on their own.
And much less even want to know about it!

Let's see how this topic works out?

Chinese Scientists Manage To Double The Efficiency Of Hypersonic Missile Engines
Chinese scientists have tested a prototype supersonic rocket engine that is twice as efficient as similar engines. For this, a new solid fuel feed technology has been used, allowing more efficient combustion, informed the South China Morning Post, citing a study published in the scientific journal Solid Rocket Technology. A hypersonic ramjet (scramjet) is a […]

The post Chinese scientists manage to double the efficiency of hypersonic missile engines appeared first on The Eastern Herald.

Remote : Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:39:44 +0000
Local : 2023-02-22(Wednesday) 17 : 39 : 44
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

FYI. this certainly would increase the range of these things.

I can see where it would work but I can see the drawbacks. It's a scamjet. A solid fuel using an air intake over either liquid fuel (throttleable) solid fuel with the oxidizer built into the solid fuel. This has zero advantage to using an oxidizer/solid fuel mixture.

Forum List

Back