Chinese navy ships to be deployed at Gwadar

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
China is playing Chinese checker.

---

KARACHI: China would deploy its naval ships along with Pakistan Navy to safeguard the strategic Gwadar port and trade routes under the USD 46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, a navy official here has said, shedding light on a plan likely to alarm India.

China and Pakistan are currently building the nearly 3,000-km-long economic corridor linking Pakistan's Gwadar port on the Arabian Sea with Xinjiang to improve connectivity between the two countries. The move would open up a new and cheaper cargo route for transporting oil to China as well as export of Chinese goods to the Middle East and Africa.

A Pakistan Navy official said the role of maritime forces has increased since the country has made the Gwadar port operational and speeded up economic activities under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

"China would also deploy its naval ships in coordination with Pakistan Navy to safeguard the port and trade under the CPEC," the unnamed official was quoted as saying by The Express Tribune.

In the past, China has shied away from saying that it plans to deploy its naval ships in Gwadar, a move which could raise alarm in the US and India.

Experts feel that CPEC and the Gwadar port would enhance the military capabilities of both China and Pakistan, and make it possible for the Chinese Navy to easily access the Arabian Sea.

Chinese navy ships to be deployed at Gwadar: Pak navy official - Times of India

If Modi is alarmed----GOOD!!! He has grown a brain. Control of the Arabian sea------RUSSIA AND IRAN are SALIVATING

How long before Al Qaida or the Taliban tap into it along the way?

tap into what?-------I am, clearly, no expert----but I do not see how the Taliban can "tap in"
Al Qaida? who are we calling "al Qaida" ?

How long before Al Qaida or the Taliban tap into it along the way?

tap into what?-------I am, clearly, no expert----but I do not see how the Taliban can "tap in"
Al Qaida? who are we calling "al Qaida" ?
Are you joking?

iRosie is a big fan of hashish as is depicted in the quality of her posts. However, occasionally, she does make sense. Taliban cannot tap into Gwadaar port but it certainly can sabotage Chinese assets at Gwadaar. Not just Taliban, Balochistan freedom fighters are also opposed to Chinese activities at Gawadaar and Balochistan in general. So I think we will see some attack on Chinese assets at Gwadaar in near future. As far as Al Queda is concerned, they are an ally of Pakistan and China by extension. Therefore, Al Queda is not going to attack Chinese assets at Gwadaar or anywhere else.

iRosie is a big fan of hashish as is depicted in the quality of her posts.
I've noticed.

Taliban cannot tap into Gwadaar port but it certainly can sabotage Chinese assets at Gwadaar. .

I quote your OP.

China and Pakistan are currently building the nearly 3,000-km-long economic corridor linking Pakistan's Gwadar port on the Arabian Sea with Xinjiang to improve connectivity between the two countries.

Forum List

Back