Chineese President Protested During U.S. Visit

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Howcome she gets removed when speaking out against a freak like the Chineese imposed President, yet our extreme-left get a pass?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm
The arrival ceremony for Chinese president Hu Jintao was interrupted by a protester who appealed to President Bush to stop Hu from 'persecuting the Falun Gong,' a banned religious movement in China.

The woman began shouting from the top of a camera stand located directly in front of Hu and Bush.

'President Bush, stop him from killing'... 'Stop persecuting the Falun Gong,' she yelled... She also shouted in Chinese, 'President Hu, your days are numbered, No more time for China's ruling party.'

The incident occured right after Bush urged Hu to allow Chinese to 'speak freely'. The woman, had a temporary pass with a big 'T' on it, also unfurled a yellow 'Falun Gong' banner.

The woman was taken away by uniformed secret service officers.

Bush leaned over and whispered to Hu, 'You're okay.' Hu, who had stopped talking briefly, then resumed speaking.

On China TV: As Hu was speaking when yells of protesters became audible, the screen went black. When the feed came back the screen once again went black when woman was again heard. During CNN International's post-speech commentary, at mention of south lawn heckler, the screen also went black again. The CNN feed returned when the incident ended.

*Video*
http://themediacrunch.com/2006/04/20/

-Cp said:
Howcome she gets removed when speaking out against a freak like the Chineese imposed President, yet our extreme-left get a pass?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm
The arrival ceremony for Chinese president Hu Jintao was interrupted by a protester who appealed to President Bush to stop Hu from 'persecuting the Falun Gong,' a banned religious movement in China.

The woman began shouting from the top of a camera stand located directly in front of Hu and Bush.

'President Bush, stop him from killing'... 'Stop persecuting the Falun Gong,' she yelled... She also shouted in Chinese, 'President Hu, your days are numbered, No more time for China's ruling party.'

The incident occured right after Bush urged Hu to allow Chinese to 'speak freely'. The woman, had a temporary pass with a big 'T' on it, also unfurled a yellow 'Falun Gong' banner.

The woman was taken away by uniformed secret service officers.

Bush leaned over and whispered to Hu, 'You're okay.' Hu, who had stopped talking briefly, then resumed speaking.

On China TV: As Hu was speaking when yells of protesters became audible, the screen went black. When the feed came back the screen once again went black when woman was again heard. During CNN International's post-speech commentary, at mention of south lawn heckler, the screen also went black again. The CNN feed returned when the incident ended.

*Video*
http://themediacrunch.com/2006/04/20/
Are you kidding? Leftist protestors get dragged out of presidential/vice presidential affairs all the time. Half the time they can't even get in in the first place

I saw a clip of that on the news this morning, and for a minute it made me laugh. She looked so funny being dragged away screaming chinese with her little voice..

Bonnie said:
I saw a clip of that on the news this morning, and for a minute it made me laugh. She looked so funny being dragged away screaming chinese with her little voice..

If she had done this in China, she would not have been drug off but most likely killed. If she had done this at a liberal gathering she would have been accused of trying to impose her values on others.

My favorite part of the whole event was when China's national anthem was announced, it was referred to as the anthem of the Republic of China - the formal name of Taiwan.

China's formal name is the People's Republic of China.

dilloduck said:
If she had done this in China, she would not have been drug off but most likely killed. If she had done this at a liberal gathering she would have been accused of trying to impose her values on others.

Oh Yes...Remember Tianamen square?

Said1 said:
They're defecting to Canada like crazy, then are accused of being spys by other Chinese defectors. :tinfoil:

Wow- I didn't know that----good luck! ( any good restaraunts moving in with them? )

Bonnie said:

Was there a shread of truth to what she was saying?

Darwins Friend said:
Was there a shread of truth to what she was saying?

Don't know what she was saying, I only speak a bit of Cantonese, no Mandarin. :D

She could very well have had a good point??

Bonnie said:
Don't know what she was saying, I only speak a bit of Cantonese, no Mandarin. :D

She could very well have had a good point??

Don't know - maybe that's why I didn't find it amusing.

Remember the scene from 'Out of Africa' when she got on her knees?

Forum List

Back