China can field an Army of 200 Million Men

peace2011

Rookie
Jun 27, 2011
Chinese have an unlimited surplus of young fighting age men with no wives to be able to send anywhere in the world it is fact that they have boasted that they can field an army of 200 million men. China has had a long history of being the economic trading superpower of the world, perhaps they are attempting to rule the world economically again. Can we stop it? We do have a large army but we are already sick of these resource wars.

• Banned
and i hear they're great chums with Iran....
I agree with the estimate of China's immense "militia." There are tens of millions of young men and women moving around the countryside looking for work, living in temp shelters, footloose and with a deep anger about their fate of being shut out of the ancient, sacred family tradition they share with all Chinese, The unattached mobs of young men have always been tender boxes. This is so immense it is hard to grasp its implications. Since China is allying with Russia, Pakistan, Iran, and central Asia with all of that oil and gas, it's a potentially great global shift, if they can solve their bureaucracy problems.

The Chinese et al. will probably buy gold quietly and slowly to avoid rapid price hikes. It will be hard to detect directly, but people like Soros and Faber might have sources to watch. This could become a massive move toward a new currency base to escape the U.S. Fed's tsunami of trash paper and its Global Inflation Bubble.

While it's true that they may be able to field an army that big, you also have to remember that they are currently keeping an population far bigger under their rule of thumb. I would suggest that such a thing may not be possible. It's impossible to control that many people and they are in danger of civil unrest if they push the wrong way.

Chinese have an unlimited surplus of young fighting age men with no wives to be able to send anywhere in the world it is fact that they have boasted that they can field an army of 200 million men. China has had a long history of being the economic trading superpower of the world, perhaps they are attempting to rule the world economically again. Can we stop it? We do have a large army but we are already sick of these resource wars.

Yes, and the USA can field 35,000 nuclear weapons.

But don't worrry about China's military might, its their economic might that is going to make all the difference.

Chinese have an unlimited surplus of young fighting age men with no wives to be able to send anywhere in the world

Not quite. Yes they have a potentially huge army, but how are they going to send them anywhere? By sea? They don't have the tonnage. One of the reasons they haven't gone after Taiwan is they don't have the Naval superiority to pull it off.

The rise of China is not a threat, but a rare opportunity. Make the best of it, or continue to tremble in fear like a coward.

While this is theoreticly possible, the number they can feed and transport is far smaller. And while they may have a huge army, most of it is used for internal population control.

While the US army is a great deal smaller, none of it is used for internal control. And we can put armies anywhere in the world and have them fed and totally mission capable pretty much any time we want. China has troubles with the logistics train even in country. And China does not feel very confident about its military even being mission capable in country.

China's huge army is its weakness. It is an issue of quality over quantity. They have to move those men, as well as feed them. China can make trouble sure, but they lack when stacked against just about any other military on the planet.

I remember back in the discussions on Gulf War I when Iraq was billed as having a huge army, a large part of which were veterans of the 10 year war with Iran.

They were taken to pieces and nearly eliminated in the course of 6 weeks.

Gulf War II went even faster.

The Chinese don't have an effective air arm. The navy is even less of an issue.

The only reason China has that big of an army is because they are afraid of their population.

Last country that the Chinese invaded was Korea..and basically because there were US troops in that country.

The Chinese, believe it or not, have no interest in military domination of the world.

The economic domination, however, is suspect.

And the US is happily helping in that endeavor..thanks to conservatives.

I remember back in the discussions on Gulf War I when Iraq was billed as having a huge army, a large part of which were veterans of the 10 year war with Iran.

They were taken to pieces and nearly eliminated in the course of 6 weeks.

Gulf War II went even faster.

The Chinese don't have an effective air arm. The navy is even less of an issue.

The only reason China has that big of an army is because they are afraid of their population.

China's military interests at this point are defense of their territory..something they are more then capable of doing.

Last country that the Chinese invaded was Korea..and basically because there were US troops in that country.

The Chinese, believe it or not, have no interest in military domination of the world.

The economic domination, however, is suspect.

And the US is happily helping in that endeavor..thanks to conservatives.

Yeah, fucking Bush sent all the jobs for those light bulbs that by lay we have to use now over there, and those wind mills to. 300 us jobs on that deal and 35,000 for China. Oh wait, That was Obama. Don't get me wrong, The last four Presidents have sent all our jobs over seas. Even the Libertarians darling Ron Paul supports NAFTA, and wants to keep it. Don't get sucked into the R, D bull shit, they are all crooked mother fuckers.

It'll be like shootin' 200 million fish in a barrel.

Yup. Cannon fodder. Most will throw their spears and die gloriously.

Whether Patton ever really said it or not I don't know, but it sure sounded good coming from George C. Scott: "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

They can field an army of 200 million in China and just outside of its borders.

It does not have the infrastructure or other resources to support any sizeable force far outside of China or over seas. If it did, Taiwan would be under mainland control decades ago.

It'll be like shootin' 200 million fish in a barrel.

Yup. Cannon fodder. Most will throw their spears and die gloriously.

Whether Patton ever really said it or not I don't know, but it sure sounded good coming from George C. Scott: "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
:clap2: That's the whole idea. Kill people and break their stuff.

Forum List

Back