China aiming to become one of the biggest threats to world security

Oh to be so young and naive to think you can take geopolitics, especially involving China, at face value....China just wants to rattle its swords internationally as a backhanded way of saying you mess with the bull, you get the horns internally.

So I'm young? And Naive? Hmm.... I've been watching Chinese politics for a while, this isn't based on someone looking out the window and saying they can see China.

So you are old and naive. Same difference. Nationalism is how non-democratic countries like China keep the rising middle class like China has from being successful in demanding and getting democracy like parts of China want.

I'm sorry, I fail to see what you're talking about as anything that I was talking about. It might be related, but I don't see it right now from what you're saying, and certainly don't see how you understand my view on Chinese nationalism from what I didn't say about Chinese nationalism in my post.

Oh to be so young and naive to think you can take geopolitics, especially involving China, at face value....China just wants to rattle its swords internationally as a backhanded way of saying you mess with the bull, you get the horns internally.

So I'm young? And Naive? Hmm.... I've been watching Chinese politics for a while, this isn't based on someone looking out the window and saying they can see China.

So you are old and naive. Same difference. Nationalism is how non-democratic countries like China keep the rising middle class like China has from being successful in demanding and getting democracy like parts of China want.

I'm sorry, I fail to see what you're talking about as anything that I was talking about. It might be related, but I don't see it right now from what you're saying, and certainly don't see how you understand my view on Chinese nationalism from what I didn't say about Chinese nationalism in my post.
militarism is nationalism.

militarism is nationalism.

No, it isn't, hence why they have two separate names. It's like saying that Birthdays are cake. Yes, you have Birthdays with cake, but they're not the same thing.

The op is a weirdo. His government has slaughtered millions since the end of WWII yet his only concern seems to be for Iraq and all the third world Arab Muslim shithole people living there.

And let's face it, those Arab Muslim shithole people was blowing up Europe as recently as the 1980's in order to drive the euro tards out of their homeland. So what they're doing now is nothing new. The same old shit.

My government? Please, tell me which is my government. I do like it when people decide they know me.

Yup. Your government. There's only one USA.

So, the US is probably the biggest threat to world security right now, having started the Iraq War in 2003 which has led to ISIS, led to bombings and killings in Madrid, London, Paris, Brussels and many other places in the US and Europe, alongside destabilizing the Middle East, with Turkey becoming less Democratic by the day as a result, Egypt more unstable, etc etc.

However Russia has been attempting to get there, what with annexing the Crimea and a host of other games including hacking.

But the Chinese are the up and coming players in the game that mimics the imperial powers during the 1700s and 1800s, scrambling to increase their power.

While China claims often enough that they're not trouble makers, and they just want peace, they simply mean that they want peace because it means they've got what they want, otherwise they might use their developing armed forces. After getting kicked by the Vietnamese when they tried to invade in 1979, the Chinese have had a massive chip on their shoulder. Well, actually they've had one ever since they found out they weren't a world power any more and the English, Americans, French, Germans, Portuguese turned up and made themselves comfortable, and China feels like it missed out.

There was the book they "found" that "proved" that China controlled the South China Seas, however they forgot to mention that the book was thrown out and unreadable anyway. Also they forgot to mention that it proved that one Chinese fisherman had been fishing there, not inhabiting the place.

Well, move on to today and the Chinese and their "peace" has turned into this: Threatening the Australians because they perceive them as being weak, and too far away to give a damn about, but close enough to the Americans to make a point.

Major Chinese state paper calls for a military strike on Australian ships that enter the South China Sea

"China must take revenge and let it know it's wrong. Australia's power means nothing compared to the security of China. If Australia steps into the South China Sea waters, it will be an ideal target for China to warn and strike."

This was written in the Global Times, Chinese usually only write what the govt wants them to write, and this appears to be the very sort of thing the govt might want the paper to write, while being able to claim they didn't write it.

China is growing in strength, the US won't be able to control the Chinese soon. War is coming.
You don't need to qualify the threat that the US poses to security and peace around the globe, it's ok too state it outright. The US is provoking the Chinese in their own backyard.
And yes the Chinese understand that Australia is a vassal of the US and an easy target to send a message thru. That doesn't make them a threat to the world, they are defending their interests in their region of the world.
No need to be so dramatic.

The op is a weirdo. His government has slaughtered millions since the end of WWII yet his only concern seems to be for Iraq and all the third world Arab Muslim shithole people living there.

And let's face it, those Arab Muslim shithole people was blowing up Europe as recently as the 1980's in order to drive the euro tards out of their homeland. So what they're doing now is nothing new. The same old shit.

My government? Please, tell me which is my government. I do like it when people decide they know me.

Yup. Your government. There's only one USA.

So who told you I'm American?

So, the US is probably the biggest threat to world security right now, having started the Iraq War in 2003 which has led to ISIS, led to bombings and killings in Madrid, London, Paris, Brussels and many other places in the US and Europe, alongside destabilizing the Middle East, with Turkey becoming less Democratic by the day as a result, Egypt more unstable, etc etc.

However Russia has been attempting to get there, what with annexing the Crimea and a host of other games including hacking.

But the Chinese are the up and coming players in the game that mimics the imperial powers during the 1700s and 1800s, scrambling to increase their power.

While China claims often enough that they're not trouble makers, and they just want peace, they simply mean that they want peace because it means they've got what they want, otherwise they might use their developing armed forces. After getting kicked by the Vietnamese when they tried to invade in 1979, the Chinese have had a massive chip on their shoulder. Well, actually they've had one ever since they found out they weren't a world power any more and the English, Americans, French, Germans, Portuguese turned up and made themselves comfortable, and China feels like it missed out.

There was the book they "found" that "proved" that China controlled the South China Seas, however they forgot to mention that the book was thrown out and unreadable anyway. Also they forgot to mention that it proved that one Chinese fisherman had been fishing there, not inhabiting the place.

Well, move on to today and the Chinese and their "peace" has turned into this: Threatening the Australians because they perceive them as being weak, and too far away to give a damn about, but close enough to the Americans to make a point.

Major Chinese state paper calls for a military strike on Australian ships that enter the South China Sea

"China must take revenge and let it know it's wrong. Australia's power means nothing compared to the security of China. If Australia steps into the South China Sea waters, it will be an ideal target for China to warn and strike."

This was written in the Global Times, Chinese usually only write what the govt wants them to write, and this appears to be the very sort of thing the govt might want the paper to write, while being able to claim they didn't write it.

China is growing in strength, the US won't be able to control the Chinese soon. War is coming.
You don't need to qualify the threat that the US poses to security and peace around the globe, it's ok too state it outright. The US is provoking the Chinese in their own backyard.
And yes the Chinese understand that Australia is a vassal of the US and an easy target to send a message thru. That doesn't make them a threat to the world, they are defending their interests in their region of the world.

I'm not suggesting China is, at present, a threat to world peace. They're a threat to regional peace right now. However with time they'll become a threat to world security. They want to emulate the US. Chinese cities are aiming to become like Chicago or New York, they love all of that, and they want to become the strongest.

The problem with the Chinese is that when they get power they don't know what to do with it. Their bosses are irritating because they know they're the boss, know no one can say or do anything against them because they're the boss. China will be like that, they'll force everyone to do what they want.

The US has done that, like embargoes against Cuba, for example, which other countries were forced to accept.

So, adding the US in was actually done for a reason.

I'm not suggesting China is, at present, a threat to world peace. They're a threat to regional peace right now. However with time they'll become a threat to world security. They want to emulate the US. Chinese cities are aiming to become like Chicago or New York, they love all of that, and they want to become the strongest.

The problem with the Chinese is that when they get power they don't know what to do with it. Their bosses are irritating because they know they're the boss, know no one can say or do anything against them because they're the boss. China will be like that, they'll force everyone to do what they want.

The US has done that, like embargoes against Cuba, for example, which other countries were forced to accept.

To my knowledge China has given you no reason to believe they have imperialist ambitions. As it stands right now the US is the provocateur in the region. The Chinese are merely reacting to the provocations.

To my knowledge China has given you no reason to believe they have imperialist ambitions. As it stands right now the US is the provocateur in the region. The Chinese are merely reacting to the provocations.

To your knowledge.

Well luckily I don't have your knowledge.

The Chinese and the US are provoking in the region. A little research would stand you in good stead.

This thread is one big facepalm.
Thanks for trying

Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-11.57.58-AM.png

To your knowledge.

The Chinese and the US are provoking in the region. A little research would stand you in good stead.
Fair enough, show me the information that leads you to believe China has imperialist aspirations. You know, something more substantial than "they want to emulate us", lol.

To your knowledge.

Fair enough, show me the information that leads you to believe China has imperialist aspirations. You know, something more substantial than "they want to emulate us", lol.

I didn't say imperialistic aspirations. The US wasn't imperialistic.

The days of the Empire have gone. Now it's the days of the superpowers, this is what China wants to become. However controlling that land around it which it has claims to is its first desire. I'm not sure how much they actually want the issues to be resolved, they want to use such situations to further their nationalistic agenda, useful when you're not democratic to keep the people on your side. Such as the anti-Japanese protests in China in 2012, when no anti-CCP protests are ever allowed, even anti-a specific company protests are put down by the police, but they allowed this anti-Japanese one to go on for days.

They're even made an anti-Japan day, officially Nanjing massacre day.

The 1980's keep calling Obama.

To your knowledge.

The days of the Empire have gone. Now it's the days of the superpowers, this is what China wants to become. However controlling that land around it which it has claims to is its first desire. I'm not sure how much they actually want the issues to be resolved, they want to use such situations to further their nationalistic agenda, useful when you're not democratic to keep the people on your side. Such as the anti-Japanese protests in China in 2012, when no anti-CCP protests are ever allowed, even anti-a specific company protests are put down by the police, but they allowed this anti-Japanese one to go on for days.

You don't think the US is an empire?

Superpower is a euphemism.

To your knowledge.

You don't think the US is an empire?

Superpower is a euphemism.

No, it's not an empire. It's different. Clearly imperialism included a lot of foreign land grabbing, the US changed things, keep your land at home, setup bases in places on foreign soil, and play around with those who don't do what you want them to do. It's not nice, but it's not imperialism.

China has been a military and economic threat to the U.S. for more than half a century when a possibly mentally impaired general ignored China's threat to enter the Korean war and then threatened to nuke the country after his failed strategy ordered U.S. Troops into the biggest ambush in history. The media merely shrugged and called the incredible leadership failures "the Forgotten war". Bill Clinton ignored advice from U.S. intelligence agencies when he authorized the shipment of ICBM technology to China as a favor to his corporate supporters. The media ignored it or supported it. China was and still is a threat to the U.S. but why has it become a political issue in the last freaking six months of the Hussein administration? Has China become part of the DNC's propaganda strategy to deflect attention from the insanity of shipping 400 million in cash to Iran and the blunders of the war on terrorism?

To your knowledge.

You don't think the US is an empire?....

In fact, it is not.

Forum List

Back