China - a new aircraft carrier launch

Politico wrote: Wow a misleading thread title. What a shocker.

Mebbe he can't tell the difference between China an' Japan...
:eusa_eh:
... Uncle Ferd can't tell `em apart either...
:confused:
... dey all look the same to him.
:eusa_shifty:

Chinese faces are rounder and the features are flatter, Japanese faces are more oval-shaped with more pronounced features. Kinda like Sioux and Apache.

Chinese faces are rounder and the features are flatter, Japanese faces are more oval-shaped with more pronounced features. Kinda like Sioux and Apache.

Are you sure?
It sort of tends to depend on where in China they come from and then, people vary a lot.
I can usually tell faces from Fujian region as I know so many people from that area but I usually have to rely on their local accent to determine where they're from.
Then on course, you have the Chinese who's families moved to other countries and settled there.
Again, because of the mix, I usually have to rely on accent and use of the language.
Of course, I'm a few years out of practice now so I may not be so good at it but I can still spot people from a few places with ease.

However, considering Japan's history, where's the condemnation and outrage at their empire building carrier?

BBC News - Japanese aircraft carrier 'biggest since World War II'

Of course, it's only a threat to China as it was launched by Japan but I have yet to see condemnation of the ship as imperialist provocation, empire building or whatever.
Odd really, as Japan has attacked America but China never has.

Why is that?

The Izumo is technically a "destroyer" capable of carrying a larger compliment of helicopters for search and rescue as well as anti-mine and submarine warfare.

Does the OP know the difference between Japan and China?

Do you just look at their eyes?

However, considering Japan's history, where's the condemnation and outrage at their empire building carrier?

I am pretty sure that it is not going to cause China to stay awake at night:

The $1.2 billion aircraft carrier has a flight deck almost 250m long, which can reportedly carry nine helicopters.

A Nimitz class carrier has a flight deck in excess of 330 meters.

Is that awesome or what? I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. I've lived in Japan and have relatives there so I like to think I understand the Japanese but I gotta' tell ya, I would have never guessed they would have done this. I HAD thought that the Japanese had lost that "Fighting Spirit" since the War.

I AM Impressed!

^ It is the constant provocation from China which is forcing its neighbors to adopt a more rigid stance. Heck, China has forced a pacifist country like India to build up. Japanese have always been a warrior nation.

^ It is the constant provocation from China which is forcing its neighbors to adopt a more rigid stance. Heck, China has forced a pacifist country like India to build up. Japanese have always been a warrior nation.

For several decades, India has been at war with Pakistan AND China. They are continually building and upgrading their military. They were involved in wars even while Ghandi was preaching non-violent protests against England.

Yes, China is threatening America; that's why America is building up such a large military force in the area.
After all, China is only 20 miles off the Florida coast.

Hang on......

China is a very long way from America and China has expressed no threat towards America but America is militarising the area anyway.

Perhaps China feels the need to defend itself from a country will a terrible record for starting wars - America.

^ Let us get back to the topic. Here is a good video of "Chinese" aircraft carrier.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZmHpN63FFck]Japan: largest warship unveiled, Izumo-class helicopter destroyer launched in Yokohama. Aug 6, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back