Children of war

Isn't that a bit hypocritical of Americans and 30 years too late now Shoshi?

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price–we think the price is worth it.

—60 Minutes (5/12/96)

Yes, the Children of War!
Children of all skin colours and with all different eye shapes, and of all religious persuasions, because they're all just children.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical of Americans and 30 years too late now Shoshi?

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price–we think the price is worth it.

—60 Minutes (5/12/96)

Yes, the Children of War!
Children of all skin colours and with all different eye shapes, and of all religious persuasions, because they're all just children.
Armchair Morality

Few Americans, and none with adult minds, feel any guilt whatsover for all the German and Japanese children killed by our bombers in World War Two. I care a lot more about the heroic pilots that were shot down and the infantrymen's lives they saved by doing their duty.

This pity party is anti-democratic. Every country's every citizen is ultimately responsible for threatening another country, which is only fighting for the future security and freedom of its own children.

Armchair Morality

Few Americans, and none with adult minds, feel any guilt whatsover for all the German and Japanese children killed by our bombers in World War Two.
You are punishing yourself when you say that. I bet you're also pretending to be a caring and compassionate Christian too.
I care a lot more about the heroic pilots that were shot down and the infantrymen's lives they saved by doing their duty.

This pity party is anti-democratic. Every country's every citizen is ultimately responsible for threatening another country, which is only fighting for the future security and freedom of its own children.

Forum List

Back