Children Of Abraham Listen To Me!

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
No pun intended, but Jesus Chariste! The Bible (God himself), acknowledges more than one god exists?

I'm crushed.
Psalm 95:3
For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

What does this say about the moderm beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam? About the modern understandings of abcient translations and oral histories?

No pun intended, but Jesus Chariste! The Bible (God himself), acknowledges more than one god exists?

I'm crushed.

What does this say about the moderm beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam? About the modern understandings of abcient translations and oral histories?

You should keep reading he also says they are all false Gods.

I'm crushed.

Who says that God?

anyway, if the other gods are false gods doen't that still acknowledge the existence of those gods? It's not like saying they are false means they never existed in the first place..is it?

. So are all gods including the King of gods, all imaginary beings that can be dismissed with an accusation of falsehood?

I'm starting to question this whole god thing again.

I'm crushed.

Who says that God?

anyway, if the other gods are false gods doen't that still acknowledge the existence of those gods? It's not like saying they are false means they never existed in the first place..is it?

. So are all gods including the King of gods, all imaginary beings that can be dismissed with an accusation of falsehood?

Your right. I feel sorry for you though.

Who says that God?

I'm still very surprised that Christians were one time open enough to admit there were more than one god, but that their god was a better god...or some such nonsense. Make me head spin.

and thanks for the christian charity and concern. much appreciated.

Who says that God?

I'm still very surprised that Christians were one time open enough to admit there were more than one god, but that their god was a better god...or some such nonsense. Make me head spin.

Up until the exile in Babylon, Jews worshiped more than one god. They took on monotheism as part of a deal to get back to Israel.

I'm crushed.

Who says that God?

Good, you need to ask these questions. However don't waste your time asking if you are not willing to hear the answers.

What/who are the "other gods"? They are anything, or anyone that you put in a position where the you allow them to be your authority, ot the power you follow. They are not god's in the spiritual sense. Even the Pharoah did not have other actual spiritual beings as gods. He had magicians, and his own power (authority) that he exerted. He would even qualify as a god in the eyes of some.

God Almighty showed Himself over and over to he the highest power, and True God. He will be demonstrating that worldwide someday, for one last time.

Scriptures say that money, sex, food, drugs, or any other thing can be a god in your life.
There are other spiritual beings, and I suppose one might even allow them to be gods as well, however, they are not said to be gods in the scriptures.

Just an honest Bible study, if you really are questioning this, will prove to be helpful.

Last edited:

Up until the exile in Babylon, Jews worshiped more than one god. They took on monotheism as part of a deal to get back to Israel.

So Christian tradition is just a made up new idea from centuries ago? God had no say in teh matter? What about the burning bush?

Who says that God?

Good, you need to ask these questions. However don't waste your time asking if you are not willing to hear the answers.

What/who are the "other gods"? They are anything, or anyone that you put in a position where the you allow them to be your authority, ot the power you follow. They are not god's in the spiritual sense. Even the Pharoah did not have other actual spiritual beings as gods. He had magicians, and his own power (authority) that he exerted. He would even qualify as a god in the eyes of some.

God Almighty showed Himself over and over to he the highest power, and True God. He will be demonstrating that worldwide someday, for one last time.

Scriptures say that money, sex, food, drugs, or any other thing can be a god in your life.
There are other spiritual beings, and I suppose one might even allow them to be gods as well, however, they are not said to be gods in the scriptures.

Just an honest Bible study, if you really are questioning this, will prove to be helpful.

thnak you, I think.

D.

So Christian tradition is just a made up new idea from centuries ago? God had no say in teh matter? What about the burning bush?
There is nothing really new about Christianity either. Which, btw, is not monotheistic, you've got a holy trinity there plus plus a bunch of saints and angels and demons.

I'm crushed.

1 Corinthians 8:5,6,7

For even though there are those who are called "gods" whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many "gods" and many "lords"., there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.

Psalms 82.

Read the whole Psalm

there is actually to us
//

A key phrase I would think.
think about who "us" is in the context of the scripture.

Children Of Abraham Listen To Me!

Who are you talking to? The Jews? The Christians? or the Muslim?

All three started with Abraham and view him as the founder of their occult and mystical practices.

Forum List

Back