Chicago Gripped By Record Cold; Schools Closed, Public Transit Delayed

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

Note to deniers and anti-science types -- when you see the word "record" or "unprecedented" in any weather news report -- it DOES NOT matter is what follows is HOT or COLD.

Global Warming still exists.

All weather is a function of one thing, HEAT.

Too much, and you have record winters and summers.

CHICAGO (CBS) – With the Chicago area stuck in a deep freeze through Tuesday, virtually all local schools have canceled classes for Monday, and local officials were advising residents to stay inside as much as possible, as temperatures are expected to remain below zero until Tuesday night.

Shortly before 8 a.m. Monday the temperature at O’Hare International Airport was 16 below zero, which set a record for Jan. 6. The previous record was 14 below zero, set in 1988.

Your weather report is a little out of date. This topic has already been argued to death. I'd like to think that the conclusion - such as there was - was that annually averaged temperature are more important: that you can have hot and cold snaps no matter what the climate's state.

Last edited:

Note to deniers and anti-science types -- when you see the word "record" or "unprecedented" in any weather news report -- it DOES NOT matter is what follows is HOT or COLD.

All weather is a function of one thing, HEAT.

Too much, and you have record winters and summers.

CHICAGO (CBS) – With the Chicago area stuck in a deep freeze through Tuesday, virtually all local schools have canceled classes for Monday, and local officials were advising residents to stay inside as much as possible, as temperatures are expected to remain below zero until Tuesday night.

Shortly before 8 a.m. Monday the temperature at O’Hare International Airport was 16 below zero, which set a record for Jan. 6. The previous record was 14 below zero, set in 1988.

Let me get this straight, record cold is proof global warming exist! :cuckoo: I guess when your a dumbass, everything makes senses to you!

good grief, I grew up in Illinois and the WINTERS were a lot damn harsher than they are today

just more globull warming hysteria , the WORLD is going to end NOW so send money money money

Last edited:
Could someone tell me where I might find anyone asking for donations to fight global warming? I keep hearing that charge but I can't think I have EVER seen or heard of such a thing.

Your weather report is a little out of date. This topic has already been argued to death. I'd like to think that the conclusion - such as there was - was that annually averaged temperature are more important: that you can have hot and cold snaps no matter what the climate's state.

My point was related to the report.

when you see the word "record" or "unprecedented" in any weather news report -- it DOES NOT matter is what follows is HOT or COLD.

Record heat proves global warming. Record cold also proves global warming. :cuckoo:

What you fail to realize is that global warming is actually caused by Satanic witchcraft, as a way to torment man kind. I know there's evidence. But these are master Satanists we're dealing with here. The fact that there is no evidence is the evidence that it's true.

I fully support the IPCC and agree with their findings. I fully agree with the idea that increasing temperatures will increase weather intensity and may well have been involved to some small extent in steering the jet stream south and bringing that Arctic air mass our way. But the idea that we can say that any particular storm or weather system is entirely due to global warming just doesn't hold wateer. All we can ever say is that as warming continues, the average intensity of our weather will increase.

We (my family) lived in the Chicago area during my youth. Brrrrr.. They call it the Windy City because the only side of the building that's safe to get out of the wind is the INSIDE. That's a big reason why I live in the South today.

American Federation of Global Warming Clairvoyants meeting scheduled for tonight in Chicago has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances the nature of which will not be discussed as they tend to demoralize.

Could someone tell me where I might find anyone asking for donations to fight global warming? I keep hearing that charge but I can't think I have EVER seen or heard of such a thing.

I believe they're called carbon taxes and the governments desire is that they not be voluntary but mandatory. They want to tax the air you breathe, one of the two things that people thought could never be taxed.

Remember that?

I fully support the IPCC and agree with their findings. I fully agree with the idea that increasing temperatures will increase weather intensity and may well have been involved to some small extent in steering the jet stream south and bringing that Arctic air mass our way. But the idea that we can say that any particular storm or weather system is entirely due to global warming just doesn't hold wateer. All we can ever say is that as warming continues, the average intensity of our weather will increase.

What is the climate like at the equator where it is warm all the time?

Forum List

Back