Cheney says goodbye to his last shred of decency

Originally posted by pegwinn
Personally I long for the days of brawls on the floor of the house or senate. Todays politicians are career oriented rather than passionate defenders. Most begin a career in politics with a fifty year run in mind. Watch the BBC and enjoy as the parliment wears each other out verbally on a regular basis.

"WASHINGTON — In 1856 a House member from South Carolina took his cane to an abolitionist senator from Massachusetts, bloodying the Senate floor and leaving the man near death. Capitol attacks these days are not as dramatic, but lawmakers from both parties lament what has become another low point in political civility." -more- at source

I was watching live coverage of the House of Commons a few years back, when a member from Wales began a speech praising the Prime Minister ( it would have been Major, I believe ). He went on and on - to the point where it was becoming embarrasing - and then the catcalls began. Finally, someone shouted, " Why don't you just kneel down in front of the Prime Minister and get it over with? "

Now, that's what I call a lively, open debate!

Originally posted by musicman
I was watching live coverage of the House of Commons a few years back, when a member from Wales began a speech praising the Prime Minister ( it would have been Major, I believe ). He went on and on - to the point where it was becoming embarrasing - and then the catcalls began. Finally, someone shouted, " Why don't you just kneel down in front of the Prime Minister and get it over with? "

Now, that's what I call a lively, open debate!
:clap1: :clap1: That's funny.

The Japanese I believe sometimes break out in fist fights, which should amuse the citizenry. I figure if they're fighting, the don't have time to spend.

Originally posted by Kathianne
:clap1: :clap1: That's funny.

The Japanese I believe sometimes break out in fist fights, which should amuse the citizenry. I figure if they're fighting, the don't have time to spend.

In that case, fistfights in Congress shold be REQUIRED!:) :)

two-faced bastard Leahy tried to warm up the the VP and get a photo op.. Cheney reacted the way most honorable men would and was affronted by the backstabing Leahy.. Perhaps a punch in the nose along with a "go fuck yourself" would have been more apt... Leahy is a worthless POS that couldn't operate a fryer at Mickey D's with competence...

Originally posted by Isaac Brock

It's just like the whole Janet Jackson nipple thing in my opinion.

Mountains out of mole-hills.

You've read so much about Tittygate <http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2004/02/03/janet/> in the past week, it's hardly my place to chime in. Or, at least, I thought it wasn't my place, until I received a handful of letters demanding to know what I thought about Justin and Janet and jiggling jugs in general. Never one to ignore the call of the dogmatic blowhard, I shall dutifully lay out my own arbitrary and utterly baseless opinions on the matter.

Friends, Romans, members of the FCC: Breasts are beautiful and exciting, particularly when bared unexpectedly. By pairing the bare breast with the element of surprise, womankind has, for centuries, bent weak-minded men to her will. By combining our natural talents with the occasional, almost subliminal flash of flesh, we gain that extra edge that keeps us knee-deep in backrubs and tasty dinners out on the town.

That said, like any other powerful weapon, the boob flash is known to elicit a wide range of responses, from confusion to fear to anger, and therefore should not be abused or wielded in mixed company or unleashed among unruly mobs. Since time began, the spontaneous bare breast has left a swath of chaos and unwitting victims in its wake: the flustered, red-faced married man, the cackling, pointing teenager, the six-car pileup, the hungry infant, the unexpected FCC investigation...

Thus, the current uproar should come as no surprise. Even though Boobs Out is a clearly established trend, Boobs Out & About is still beyond the pale for the American family, which, as a group, likes to pretend that it's as pure as the driven snow, while separately, its members behave like the perverted little monkeys that they are.

And powerful as the boob flash is today, just think about how thrilling breasts used to be, back when they weren't propped up and pushed in our faces around the clock. Back during the Boob Flash Decade, preteens would rewind the same dumb shower scene from "Porky's" over and over again, thereby transforming the bare breast into a thing of rare beauty, shrouded in mystery and best glimpsed through a little hole in the wall. Remember that scene in "Piranha" where the hot girl flashes her boobs in
order to distract a cop, and also in order to give her movie an "R"
rating so that kids nationwide would bust their asses to see it?
Seemingly purposeless boob-flashing was part of the rich fabric of our culture back then.

Just look at how far we've fallen. Thanks to technologically
cutting-edge fabrics, breasts are clearly visible everywhere we go, from the boardroom to the bar. Thus, our finest entertainers must stoop to mouth-kissing their rivals and installing rip-away panels on their clothing just to get our attention. But even when it all works, even when millions of viewers are replaying the same moment on their TiVos over and over (I did this myself at least four times), even when the FCC is talking lawsuits and CBS is blaming MTV, and Justin is spouting blatant lies about wardrobes malfunctioning, and pundits are describing Janet's perilous childhood, the whole thing is a little sad. Because we know, and they know, and you know, that despite the fire and brimstone
and intensive investigations, what's really shocking is that Janet's
boob isn't shocking at all. Breasts are, in the new millennium, what sun-dried tomatoes were in the mid-'90s: utterly commonplace.

So women: Put those boobs away! Tuck your tits into an
industrial-strength bra and a heavy wool sweater, recognizing that the strength of your weaponry will increase exponentially with its invisibility. Just look what it did for Saddam!

One small impenetrable cup for man is one giant leap for boobkind.

source: salon.com

This is the most retarded thread I have ever seen. Who gives a rat's ass whether the VP used the F-word? How about we debate the merits and flaws of plans proposed by the Bush administration, not the language used by it. Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
This is the most retarded thread I have ever seen. Who gives a rat's ass whether the VP used the F-word? How about we debate the merits and flaws of plans proposed by the Bush administration, not the language used by it. Jesus Christ.

and why don't you just start a new thread with links to where you'd like the conversation to start?

I have. Very few people seem interested in the threads I start. I started a thread about the looming and monsterously salient issue of the appointment of two, perhaps three Supreme Court justices by our next elected president. Very few people seemed interested. Most people on this board want to debate things which are not debatable, i.e. morality, religion, cultural conditioning. I was just pointing out how we should focus our energy on real issues and solutions, not all of this lame, amorphous bullshit.

I have. Very few people seem interested in the threads I start. I started a thread about the looming and monsterously salient issue of the appointment of two, perhaps three Supreme Court justices by our next elected president. Very few people seemed interested. Most people on this board want to debate things which are not debatable, i.e. morality, religion, cultural conditioning. I was just pointing out how we should focus our energy on real issues and solutions, not all of this lame, amorphous bullshit.

If you think the discussion is bullshit, why not just ignore it? Why make yourself a party to it if the discussion doesn't interest you? Seems kinda odd to me.

Be that as it may, you might wish to consider that your attitude may be causing others not to respond. But, feel free to whistle in the dark. :rolleyes:

It's not my attitude on that I think. On all of the threads I start, I try to project an encouraging, intellectually curious demeanor. It's just that most people in general are not interested in debating with facts and logic, but with subjective anecdotes and ridiculously garbled logic. Most people don't post on the boards to find the truth; most post out of an obsessive need to reconfirm everything they think they know, and to try to force the facts of any given situation into the mold of their ideology... and of course, to demonstrate their genius.

It's not my attitude on that I think. On all of the threads I start, I try to project an encouraging, intellectually curious demeanor. It's just that most people in general are not interested in debating with facts and logic, but with subjective anecdotes and ridiculously garbled logic. Most people don't post on the boards to find the truth; most post out of an obsessive need to reconfirm everything they think they know, and to try to force the facts of any given situation into the mold of their ideology... and of course, to demonstrate their genius.
:laugh:

Go read some of the posts, I think others would beg to disagree with you. Now granted, they may hold different positions than you, but hey, no echo. :cool:

Looks like you have everyone on the board figured out. I guess you just demonstrated the genius in yourself. :rolleyes:

I've personally read and/or have been involved in many hundreds of great debates on this forum. Each and every one of them involved facts, intellect & understanding of both sides. Of course there are some threads where trolls appear...

The reason I find it irrelevant is because nobody checks and impeaches our judges when they are supposed to.

Nobody checks and impeaches the president when they are supposed to.

Congress is supposed to do both when they are more crooked then the judges and president.

Add a sabotage of the Constitution by everyone involved limiting the power of the citizen, and an electoral process where the electoral college is not bound to follow popular vote mandate and what do you have?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

At that point, it is only emotional desire and hope that make the "who is going to be elected" issue worth while.

The logic is it doesn't matter. Flip a coin and pick a party. We will lose equally, just with different programs. If you disagree, there are 60+ years of history for evidence.

That is my reasoning for not commenting. I can't speak for others since many do not agree with me.

Which Supreme Court or Federal Court Justices do you think should be impeached? Btw, I've read literally hundreds of threads on this board, and far, far less than half managed to keep from degenerating into factless, illogical and unsubstantiated hyperbolic assertions. Seriously, I'm not saying that none of the threads are good, I just wish more would stick to facts and the interpretation of those facts instead of all the other garbage.

Which Supreme Court or Federal Court Justices do you think should be impeached? Btw, I've read literally hundreds of threads on this board, and far, far less than half managed to keep from degenerating into factless, illogical and unsubstantiated hyperbolic assertions. Seriously, I'm not saying that none of the threads are good, I just wish more would stick to facts and the interpretation of those facts instead of all the other garbage.

You have the nerve to post the above on a Cheney swearing thread and lecture others?

You are proving to be a troll and would advise you stop immediately. :mad:

I'm not lecturing anyone. As for me posting that on a thread of a completely nonsense topic, I guess I should have exercised proper posting protocol and kept it relevant. My apologies. Lighten up already.

I'm not lecturing anyone. As for me posting that on a thread of a completely nonsense topic, I guess I should have exercised proper posting protocol and kept it relevant. My apologies. Lighten up already.

The correct protocol would have been to open a new thread or post on one that's relevant to you.

do you mean liberals?

Forum List

Back