Cheerleaders Complain Skimpy Outfits "Hurt Their Self-Esteem"

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Cheerleaders Say Their Uniforms are Too Skimpy | NBC Connecticut

I am just so pleased with these young ladies.

Some high school cheerleaders in Bridgeport think their new uniforms show too much skin and they want town officials to do something about it.

Heidi Medina, a former captain of Central High School’s cheerleading squad, stood before the Bridgeport Board of Education last week, took off her oversized sweats and revealed her revealing cheerleading uniform, the Connecticut Post reports.

"We ask with the utmost respect you (to) do anything in your power to help us," Medina said, according to the Post. "I don't feel comfortable wearing this."

The uniform that has the teens red faced and angry includes a quarter-length top that shows cheerleaders’ midriffs and over-sized sweats, the Post reports.

Good going, ladies.

I'm glad the girls are speaking their minds. It looks like they found a solution to the problem. The last sentence of the article is just sad.

• Banned
This hyper-sexualization of high school girls is bad enough, but it also goes on with girls in grammar school. I agree with bodecea....the parents of such kids must be out of their fucking minds.

Hmmm...half shirts and hot pants? Yes, I'd have been furious as a parent. This is also Connecticut. How will those uniforms play in the weather later in the season? Good for the District for coming up with a solution, but WTF were they thinking in the first place?

Applause for those girls. :clap2:

Go to any mall and you will see 12 and 13 year old girls who's parents let them dress like hookers.

Then sociologists and psychologists say they can't figure out why teen pregnancy is epidemic.

And 1 in 4 teens has an STD :cuckoo:

Not just 12 and 13 year olds. When my kids were still in daycare, there were 2 girls there (one was 4, the other either 4 or 5) who would show up wearing what looked like bikini tops and get this, high heeled sandals. To run on the playground in a daycare! The place finally had to institute a formal dress code.

I think they don't have a case. Clearly, their self esteem IS intact. That is why they can stand up to this foolishness. What they should be fighting for, is to be a classy sex object, because that is exactly what a cheerleader is. At most sports activities you cannot hear the cheerleaders. You only see them and they wear revealing outfits even when its not practical. Seems like the real question here is, how much skin is okay. Personally, my kids played sports instead of being a popualrity-seeking sex object.

That whole "baby beauty pagent" thing makes my skin crawl. How can any parent be so careless with their child's safety and well-being?

jonbenet.jpg

goldcatt....a dress code for a preschool? That's just insane. Mebbe we should be calling CPS on parents who think "sexy little girls" are cute?

I think they don't have a case. Clearly, their self esteem IS intact. That is why they can stand up to this foolishness. What they should be fighting for, is to be a classy sex object, because that is exactly what a cheerleader is. At most sports activities you cannot hear the cheerleaders. You only see them and they wear revealing outfits even when its not practical. Seems like the real question here is, how much skin is okay. Personally, my kids played sports instead of being a popualrity-seeking sex object.

Mine was in the color guard, saveliberty. Yes the outfits should be flashy and mebbe even a bit sexy, but they dun need to dress like strippers.

BTW, cheering is extremely demanding physically. It is not all about popularity. Some people even think it should be an Olympic sport.

Okay, let's say cheerleading is a sport. Name a sport where you don't wear protective gear when leaping over a hard surface. Put some shoulder pads on them, a mouth guard and some knee pads. See how many of the popular girls tryout.

They're complaining because the uniforms are skimpy? I thought they were complaining because the uniforms are ugly!

Okay, let's say cheerleading is a sport. Name a sport where you don't wear protective gear when leaping over a hard surface. Put some shoulder pads on them, a mouth guard and some knee pads. See how many of the popular girls tryout.

Track. Swimming. Basketball. Where the players wear even less than a cheerleader wears.

I hear ya, saveliberty but there's been a revolution in cheering. They have these kids doing stunts so dangerous, the Wallenda Brothers would be afraid and more than a few kids have been killed or paralyzed.

Track. Swimming. Basketball. Where the players wear even less than a cheerleader wears.

I hear ya, saveliberty but there's been a revolution in cheering. They have these kids doing stunts so dangerous, the Wallenda Brothers would be afraid and more than a few kids have been killed or paralyzed.

You named three supposed noncontact sports. Basketball players wear a mouth guard. My youngest has a shot at being an All-American in javelin next spring!

You forgot to mention the coordination both personally and as a group too. So...why no helmets for the head injuries? Hairdo issues? :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Hurts their self esteem but helps their chances on Saturday night

I am all in favor of pretty women showing lots of skin,

But this is way out of line. Really, these are high school girls. I sort of think the officials responsible for this need to have their heads removed from their ass. I also think they should have children's services investigate them for weird pedo attitudes.

Over 20's at a professional game, sure.

High school girls... unhealthy and perverted.

Good for them. I'm encouraged when the youth of this nation are starting to draw a line.

Forum List

Back