Charlotte Police release video

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Charlotte police release video of fatal shooting after protests

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Reuters) - Charlotte police released body camera and dashboard videos on Saturday showing the fatal shooting of a black man that triggered protests in the North Carolina city, but the footage did not show whether the victim was holding a gun.

A dashboard camera from a police car showed Keith Scott, killed on Tuesday, exiting his car and backing away from it. Police shout to him to drop the gun, but it is not clear that he has anything in his hand. Then shots break out and Scott drops to the ground.

A second body camera video from an officer does not show the moment of shooting. It shows Scott outside his vehicle before he is shot, but it is not clear whether he has something in his hand. Then the officer moves and Scott is out of view until he is seen on the ground.

Charlotte police release video of fatal shooting after protests

Tried to watch thru it. Can't tell much. at 1:56 mark he is backing away from his car door. maybe something in right hand? can't tell. funny looking pants? right pant leg looks odd? Is this the holster bulge? They (Police) started firing for some reason?

I know I always carry a good paperback in my ankle holster for reading while waiting.

God these cops act like they still fear for their lives even when the guy is prone on the ground.

Uh... yeah. Are you ignorant? Being in a prone position on the ground, can change to being shot by a man formerly on the ground, in seconds.

Just off hand, I know of 3 different videos on youtube, where a man on the ground ended up getting hold of an officers gun. One at least was shot. Another I believe got away. Can't remember what happened to the third.

Of course that doesn't stop internet ignorant trolls from squealing about how cops are trained.

Im still laughing now for 5 days.........these progressive dolts. They don't even know what they are protesting.
No police force in America trains their police to wait for a gun to be pointed at them.......and they don't write the laws. The training procedures are written by professionals and approved by state government councils. The police enforce them. End of story.

CNN et. al. are pushing this BS narrative that a police shooting is not legit unless the suspect aims.............laughable. A lot of fake news out there in recent days...........made up shit by progressives.

And isn't it funny.........these protests happen in cities where the DUMS are in charge of the government...........almost invariably.

Simply solution to all this shit.......inner city adults need to be, en masse, walking around the streets wearing THESE >>

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/superman-man-of-steel-shield.jpg.html][/URL]

Lets face it.......if the savages cant understand this basic instruction, there is no hope anyway!!:2up:

Put another way, if you break into my home with a gun, and tell you to drop the gun.... you are either going to do it, or I'm going to shoot you. Those are your only two options.... and by the way.... I'm not giving you an unlimited amount of time to make your choice.... if you don't drop it, when I say drop it..... You'll have the last 'come to Jesus' meeting real quick.

Body cam vid is worthless..........what a waste of money

I agree (this case for sure). Why no sound until........"after" the shooting?

Why Police there in the first place? Were they called? Who Called? Warrents?

Where was the shrieking wife? "don't do it" etc.

Is this blue suicide? Maybe the most honorable thing he ever did? Trying to get some money for all those kids he pumped out. Payday.......cop shoots black man. It should not be a payday........IMVHO of course.

These didn't help very much. You can barely see what's going on with Scott, there's certainly no way to tell if he had a gun.

According to the article, the police chief said you can see Scott had something in his hand and pointed it at an officer. I didn't see anything like that. In the dashcam footage his left arm is off the screen when the police shoot, I wonder if that's the hand he's supposed to have raised toward the officers.

he had holder on his rt ankle and it does not look like it was for a phone or walkman
He had something in his rt hand and it was not a book, but even at quarter speed it is unclear. Hands were not up in the surrender position and he was moving towards his car.

body camera does not capture a clear image if everyone is moving.

The loud sounds (gunshots) were picked up by dashcam. But after shots......suddenly audio was "on"? Must be the walkie-talkie radio on the shoulder thang?

The loud sounds (gunshots) were picked up by dashcam. But after shots......suddenly audio was "on"? Must be the walkie-talkie radio on the shoulder thang?
The dash cams go back 60 seconds after they are initiated, but there is no audio for those 60 seconds, just video. Maybe that's why.

The sound was on throughout the dashcam footage (once the car stopped, anyway). I don't know why the body cam audio didn't turn on until after the shooting. :dunno:

The sound was on throughout the dashcam footage (once the car stopped, anyway). I don't know why the body cam audio didn't turn on until after the shooting. :dunno:

Actually, what I really want to know is..... where's the book?

I want to know where the book is. What is the book. What does it look like. Is he holding the book? Is the book near where he fell? Where's that stupid book at?

See.....

Everyone seems focused on the police. No one ever seems to ask about the claims made by the people attacking the police.

Like Sterling didn't have a gun. Then video footage shows the police taking a gun from Sterlings pocket.

Like Freddie Grey was beaten before arrested. Then you see the video, and the autopsy report, absolutely no sign of any other trauma.

Accusations that police didn't perform CPR, and then video shows they clearly did.

I'm starting to believe that these people are far less trustworthy, than the police. I've seen two examples where police lied.

I've seen now DOZENS where the people accusing the police are lying. You can't trust these people!

I want to know where the book is. What is the book. What does it look like. Is he holding the book? Is the book near where he fell? Where's that stupid book at?

See.....

Everyone seems focused on the police. No one ever seems to ask about the claims made by the people attacking the police.

Like Sterling didn't have a gun. Then video footage shows the police taking a gun from Sterlings pocket.

Like Freddie Grey was beaten before arrested. Then you see the video, and the autopsy report, absolutely no sign of any other trauma.

Accusations that police didn't perform CPR, and then video shows they clearly did.

I'm starting to believe that these people are far less trustworthy, than the police. I've seen two examples where police lied.

I've seen now DOZENS where the people accusing the police are lying. You can't trust these people!

Yep.....after Ferguson, you gotta know that the kneejerk of most of these savages is the cops are there to harass the black guy. Its getting to the point of beyond stoopid.......

Got pulled over for speeding on a Ct. highway a couple of months ago......at night. Flipped on the inside light in the car. Couldn't reach my hands out of the car window any more than I did so the trooper could see them.

Did I think about getting out of the car with a book, my Diet Coke, my regi packet or anything else in my hand? Nope.......because I didn't want to be lying on the side of the highway in a body bag a few minutes later, dash cam or no. duh........when are these meatheads going to realize.......hands the fuck up or you're going to get your hat knocked off like Brown in Ferguson?:deal::deal: The answer is........never. These things are going to keep on happening because the culture is fucked in these cities.....the cops are always wrong to these people. Always wrong.

What we have here is progressives mucking up some simple concepts and making them murky. Why? Gotta keep the minorities amped up so they will always support the DUM candidate supported by black leaders who don't give a flying fcuk about them and perpetuate the fake narrative. They want the ghetto..........they need the ghetto.:2up:

See.....

Yep.....after Ferguson, you gotta know that the kneejerk of most of these savages is the cops are there to harass the black guy. Its getting to the point of beyond stoopid.......

Got pulled over for speeding on a Ct. highway a couple of months ago......at night. Flipped on the inside light in the car. Couldn't reach my hands out of the car window any more than I did so the trooper could see them.

Did I think about getting out of the car with a book, my Diet Coke, my regi packet or anything else in my hand? Nope.......because I didn't want to be lying on the side of the highway in a body bag a few minutes later, dash cam or no. duh........when are these meatheads going to realize.......hands the fuck up or you're going to get your hat knocked off like Brown in Ferguson?:deal::deal: The answer is........never. These things are going to keep on happening because the culture is fucked in these cities.....the cops are always wrong to these people. Always wrong.

What we have here is progressives mucking up some simple concepts and making them murky. Why? Gotta keep the minorities amped up so they will always support the DUM candidate supported by black leaders who don't give a flying fcuk about them and perpetuate the fake narrative. They want the ghetto..........they need the ghetto.:2up:

Absolutely. None of what this moron did, would I have ever even considered doing.

I got pulled over by a black cop at night, here in Hilliard Ohio. The guy pulled his gun. It never occurred to me "Ok, now I should get out of my car, place one hand behind my back, and then walk towards the officer holding a gun at my chest."

And they want to complain about racism? It's more like Darwinism. The stupid are weeding themselves out of the gene pool.

The officer told me to place the phone on the dash. I did. Immediately. Without saying more than "yes sir".

Put your hands on the steering wheel. "yes sir", and obeyed.

By the end of this confrontation, I was given an $80 ticket, and told to drive safely. Not kicked, beaten, tased, pepper-sprayed, arrested, or shot.

This really isn't that hard. Most of the biggest complaints against police, would never even happen, if these morons, white or black, would SHUT UP. SHUT YOUR MOUTH. KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT AND DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD.

And when you don't..... you deserve what you get. The BLM will fail. The only way BLM could succeed is if there was a revolution, the country ended in anarchy, and there were no police.

As long as there are police... if you act this way, you are going to get shot. Period.

I've seen pictures of the gun. I've seen pictures of the holster.
What I have not seen is the "book". No picture, name, author, anything.

Why is this still an issue?

How many more people will be hurt or killed by crazies in the streets? How much more damage? How many more will be sent to jail?

This is a matter for the investigator, district attorney, courts. This is not a matter of mob rule or lynching of police.

I still have many questions.

Plain Clothes Officers show up to site (serve a warrant on other) and see this guy sitting in his car ......... waving a gun around and smoking dope? huh? They call in extra uniformed? why? the guy is that big a threat? Parked? motor running? License? insured? WTH?
gimmee gimmme gimme I need I need! I'm really bad this time.........

Is he "well-known" to Police? I thought he was picking kid up at school (media)? Lie? Why was Wife was running around on Grassy knoll filming? huh? Where are the other 6 kids? Nothing ever makes sense when dealing with convicts? News filtered by t
he media makes it worse. ALWAYS. Whos' watching the baby!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!

Oh well, the important thing is ........... did they get the original warrant served? Or did they wake that one up with noise outside? Was is school or APT parking lot? need some truth.

Forum List

Back