Charle Barkley plans to run for Govenor of Alabama

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
If he wins, this would give tons of material to Frank Caliendo. lol

Transcript: Charles Barkley tells Brown 'racism is a cancer'

(CNN) -- Former NBA star Charles Barkley spoke Monday to CNN's Campbell Brown about politics, race and his plans to run for governor in his boyhood home state of Alabama. Here is a transcript:

Campbell Brown: To start off, let's talk about something that has been getting a lot of attention, which is the Bradley effect. You know, the idea that the polls don't tell us the truth about this election and that people will say I am willing to vote for a black man but they go into the booth and they won't. They are telling pollsters one thing and doing something else. Do you thinks that's real? Do you think that is going to be an issue?

Charles Barkley: Of course that's real. I think if you ask... first of all, racism is the greatest cancer of my lifetime. I think anybody who is racist is an idiot whether they are black or white. Anybody who is racist I just I think they are an idiot. But if you ask any white person on television, they are not going to say I'm not going to -- well, actually, some people have said they are not going to ever vote for a black guy, but quietly. There are some people who say yes, [who] come on television and say they would vote for a black guy who are not going to vote -- they are going to vote for [Republican presidential candidate Sen.] John McCain.

Transcript: Charles Barkley tells Brown 'racism is a cancer' - CNN.com

Forum List

Back