Cellphone In 1930s Charlie Chaplin Film

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
A woman with cellphone (some allege possible time-traveler) seen in 1930s Charlie Chaplin's Film -

Time traveler cell phone evidence 1930s video shows woman talking on cell phone - Hartford Top News Examiner.com Examiner says woman is possibly time-traveler from 21st Century - because of the size of the cellphone.

Cell phone spotted in silent film from 1928 - CNN.com CNN says Charlie Chaplin who had been nominated for Academy Award was later pulled and instead given a Special Award by the Academy Award.

Time-travel is real. I know because I time-travel often. Lots of people (including Emile Souvestre of 19th Century, Isaac Asimov and Percival Lowell; just to name a few) knew about Advanced Technology.

A woman with cellphone (some allege possible time-traveler) seen in 1930s Charlie Chaplin's Film -

Time traveler cell phone evidence 1930s video shows woman talking on cell phone - Hartford Top News Examiner.com Examiner says woman is possibly time-traveler from 21st Century - because of the size of the cellphone.

Cell phone spotted in silent film from 1928 - CNN.com CNN says Charlie Chaplin who had been nominated for Academy Award was later pulled and instead given a Special Award by the Academy Award.

Time-travel is real. I know because I time-travel often. Lots of people (including Emile Souvestre of 19th Century, Isaac Asimov and Percival Lowell; just to name a few) knew about Advanced Technology.

Time-travel is real. I know because I time-travel often.
Doctor?.....is that you?.....

Harry, I wish I knew which doctor you are addressing.

...so you can travel to the past and talk to people in the future if you have a cell phone?

Then why do you feel the need to prove it to us by showing us something from the 1930's- heck why not just star in a Chaplin film and show us pictures of yourself today and in 1930?

What did she use for a cell phone tower?

Did Chaplin build her one of those too?

cellphonetowerclr.jpg

Harry, I wish I knew which doctor you are addressing.

never heard of Doctor Who?....the most famous time traveler there is?....

DuPont wireless makes even less sense than a time traveller. Walkie-Talkies in WWII being shoebox sized with even larger antennas, and radios of the time the size of bathtubs. While a wireless something isn't impossible in '38, one that small absolutely is.

Think it's just some mundane object which to our modern eyes looks like something it wasn't.

Tech-Taskmaster

Consumerism has bred all kinds of fascinations with gadgets/tech-toys. The audio cassette for example was the first portable audio media playback device after the record player and was popular in the 1980s. Some audio cassettes were basic in appearance/design, while others were see-thru/transparent in appearance/design; the see-thru versions signified a curiosity about gadget user-friendliness.

I can entertain the notion that a time traveler was interested in coloring a Chaplin film with a mobile phone.

Did you know that the comic book world of Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) presents two kinds of enemy goblins for the web-soaring city-defender Spider-Man: the Green Goblin (a deformed maniacal terrorist) and the Hobgoblin (an insidious trickster)? Both goblins ride a soaring metal disc-jet meant to signify a modern age curiosity about tech-portability.

:afro:

Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics)

tape1.jpg tape2.jpg

gg.jpg hg.png

...so you can travel to the past and talk to people in the future if you have a cell phone?

No silly. She was talking to fellow time travelers.....with no cell towers.
maybe it was a satellite phone....

You might run into the same problem as the cell towers.
Unless of course she had roaming in another dimension,but I've heard thats pretty expensive.
yes, you get a big roaming charge....

Duck Phone: Call Clean

Here's a landline phone you might find at the Bates Motel --- a telephone shaped like a duck.

We all like ducks/geese -- the way they fly and quack and flock together. The Chinese like to eat them. Americans like using their feathers to make pillows/comforters. Ducks waddle around, sort of like penguins, so we become intrigued by their adaptive elegances.

Well, why don't you buy a duck phone for your mom on Mother's Day?

:afro:

Novelty Telephone

duck-phone.jpg

Forum List

Back