CBO Says Republicans Right On Health Care...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Nov 5, 2009.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    This is a pretty big story that isn't getting much play in the MSM but some are beginning to pick up on it. The CBO has just released their report on the Republican Health Care plan and it shows their plan will indeed cost less. The thing i like most about this Republican Plan is that there will be no fines or imprisonment for not having Health Insurance. Their Bill is also much more streamlined and easier to understand,unlike the Pelosi & Reid Behemoths. This really is amazing considering the Democrats have locked the Republicans out of numerous meetings concerning Health Care legislation. In fact they just did that again today. So while this Republican Plan is not perfect,it does seem like it is a more logical & reasonable start to real Health Care reform.

2. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Their plan reduces costs,reduces the deficit,doesn't raise taxes,and most importantly doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Hey it's not perfect but i'll definitely take this over Pelosi & Reid's disastrous Behemoths any day.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    The only problem with the plan, which is the same problem with hr3962, is that it leaves millions of americans uninsured.

However since both plans leave millions without insurance i'd choose the cheaper plan that also seeks to keep the freedom of choice in the hand of the individual citizen over the other plan that socializes the health care and insurance industries at a much higher price tag.

4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    52 million uninsured vs 18 million. You seriously think that the cheaper plan does anything?

I'm not saying I support the Democrat's current plan, but use common sense.

5. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    FYI: It sure does cost less to put a bandage on a gaping wound then to actually fix the wound. That is the Republican plan in a nutshell.

6. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Man at least you can read the Republican Plan. The Democrat Plan is a disastrous behemoth which can't even be interpreted or understood by the same Democrats who wrote it. Hey they've been locked out of numerous meetings by the Democrats on Health Care legislation,yet they do seem to have come up with a more realistic and coherent plan. I have to give them some credit for accomplishing that feat.

7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Neither plan fixes the problem so I dont really support either one.

Like i've said many times I am for the "1 aspect at a time" approach to fixing our health care woes.

HR3962, so far, seems to actually increase the cost of health insurance for all americans while still leaving a vast number uninsured. I definately dont like that....i can handle 6% of my income for insurance I can't handle 18%. It also takes away my freedom to choose lighter and less expensive health coverage.

I think the republican plan, as it stands, does only put a bandage on the wound. The demcorat plan HR3962 fixes one wound by creating 3 more that were worse than the first one.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Yup. On one side, costs more, less freedom, insures a few more. On the other side, costs less, insures a few less, more freedom.

I don't fancy paying more for less freedoms. Seems rather obvious.

9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    It does nothing to wait 4 days to put the bandage on the gaping wound.. and charge the guy on 253 Elm Street in Peoria Illinois $400 for your bandage..

10. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Like i said,you can at least read the Republican Plan. The Pelosi & Reid behemoth can't even be read or understood by Pelosi & Reid themselves. This Republican Plan is not perfect but is a realistic start to real Health Care reform.