CBO says its Bush who you should be mad at

funny how some people use forums that allow us to hear each others opinions.

I can't speak for anyone else, and I would call my feeling on the subject more disapointed and concerned than 'mad'.
I was concerned about my country when Nixon misbehaved and resigned, giving my country a moral 'black eye' visible to the entire world.
I was disappointed and concerned when Carter did not fulfill his campaign promises to bring my country 'back on track', instead choosing to lecture all of us about conservation while expanding the size of the federal government.
I was disappointed when Reagan claimed to have cut taxes, but somehow I ended up paying more taxes. I heard Reagan claim he was for smaller government while increasing the power of the federal government.
I was very disappointed and concerned when Bush 1 continued to increase the size of the federal government, approved a plan to raise taxes and prosecuted a war he did not finish.
I was disappointed in Clinton for increasing the size of the federal government and very concerned when he lied to the entire country.
I was disappointed in Bush 2 when he claimed to support smaller government while at the same time increasing the size of the federal government. I was concerned that he proceeded to spend more money than the government was taking in, much of it 'off the books'.
I am disappointed and very concerned that Obama has increased the size of the federal government and continues to spend more than the government takes in.

I am also disappointed in some of my fellow citizens for swallowing the pretty talk and bullshit put forth by all of the above mentioned presidents, especially President Obama, as this is the current president. One of the most frustrating excuses for his actions that has been put forth by the Obama supporters has been, and continues to be, "but Bush did it too", or "this a problem inherited from Bush".

The OP of this thread demonstrates both the above piss-poor excuses and is very disappointing and cause for great concern.

Bush had a veto pen.

...and Congress has an override provision.

and did either one use these options?

No they didnt because they all realized Bush had screwed the pooch and there was no other option than shoring up the banks NOW or have no lending industry.

*yawn*

blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush
blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush, blah, blah, bush

*yawn*

Tarp while ill adviced was also paid back. (and Pres. O voted for it too)

Bush had nothing to do with the so called stimulus slushfund last year.

Bush had nothing to do with the extremely unpopular health care expansion.

Barack Obama, however, was a Senator before becoming President. He is responsible for anything that has been passed in the Senate that he voted for and everything he has proposed and had passed as President.

I have no problem blaming President Bush for his outrageous spending. I just think it's complete dishonest and a lie to pretend President Obama has no responsibility whatsoever in what's going on simply because a partisan hack says so.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9957/01-07-Outlook.pdf#page=19

They projected the 2009 budget is mostly Bush.

CBO
currently projects that the deficit this year will total
$1.2 trillion, or 8.3 percent of GDP. That total, however,
does not include the effects of any future legislation.
Enactment of an economic stimulus package, for example,
would add to the 2009 deficit.

Bush was bad and Obama is making things worse. Obama certainly is an overachiever.

CBO

Bush was bad and Obama is making things worse. Obama certainly is an overachiever.

No hes doing what had to be done to clean up the fucking mess your republicans made out of our economy and budget.

CBO

No hes doing what had to be done to clean up the fucking mess your republicans made out of our economy and budget.

What reality do you live in? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cuckoo:

633918709174179410-yourproblem.jpg

CBO

You mean the democraticly controlled congress of 2006-Present?
So you are saying the 2009 budget was developed and implemented in 2005 or before?
Was the stimulus that has done nothing drafted and voted on in 2005 or before?
Was the health care law drafted and voted on in 2005 or before?

Believe me, I am no fan of the GOP and how they have conducted themselves over the past decade. But do you trulyu have no idea how our congress works that you can sit there and talk about how it is one party's fault....THE MINORITY PARTY?

No. No way. You can not be serious with this argument of your. This must be a joke.

You people just hate facts huh?

The CBO has scored it and the vast majority of the deficit is Bushs and not Obamas.

I know you will all forget this fact and go ahead with the right wing shill lies but some people in the USA still care about facts.

Here's a little fact for you hack, Congress appropriates and authorizes funds of a budget. That would be your guys.

Now back to a real problem. Congress is planning on not putting out a budget for 2010. That is wrong.

Ditto

Everyone forgets. Its Congress who controls the pursestrings. Not the Prez. Jeeze

I did hear that Congress isn't going to put a budget out there this year and I agree. It is wrong. Don't know what their reasoning is but it doesn't make much sense to me.

So you are saying the 2009 budget was developed and implemented in 2005 or before?

Believe me, I am no fan of the GOP and how they have conducted themselves over the past decade. But do you trulyu have no idea how our congress works that you can sit there and talk about how it is one party's fault....THE MINORITY PARTY?

No. No way. You can not be serious with this argument of your. This must be a joke.

I totally agree.

I'm no fan of Bush or Obama and even less a fan of the Clowns in Congress.

Put the blame where it belongs with the fucking idiots in Congress, both partys.. Jeeze.

Last edited:

I totally agree.

I'm no fan of Bush or Obama and even less a fan of the Clowns in Congress.

Put the blame where it belongs with the fucking idiots in Congress, both partys.. Jeeze.

Me? I blame all of us. We, the electorate, who contimually vote in the same people year after year. We fall for their "I will be different this term" rhetoric and now look at where we are.

They have devised a way to have the people fight over "who's fault it is" in an effort to save their own political careers.

And Truthmatters is a classic example of one who is falling for it and doing exactly what they want her to do.

Truth is, congress of the past quarter centruy has been a failure, and the time has come to start over.

Forum List

Back