Cataract Surgery:

Cataract surgery is a process to remove the lens of eye and it can make vision blurred or misty which can develop in one or both eyes.cataract is an eye disease in which cleans the lens of the eye and it makes cloudy or opaque, causing a decrease in vision.

Has anyone here had cataract surgery. If so I'll be interested in your thoughts on the subject.

I knew I had cataracts coming on but was told it would be years before I would need to do anything about them. Then one morning I woke up blind in my left eye. I literally could not see out of it. It was like looking through a badly fogged over mirror. I could see light but nothing else. A frantic trip to the opthamologist and a few days later I was having cataract surgery. A painless out patient procedure--you are home in a few hours and despite having to wear a shield over that eye for three nights so you won't injure it while sleeping, you're as good as new in a very few days. No stitches involved with the procedure my doctor used.

I could see so well out of that left eye--I could see well without glasses for the first time in my life--I then realized how bad the right eye also was. Two weeks later, had surgery on the right eye producing the same excellent results. That all happened two years ago and I am still enjoying excellent vision.

Don't hesitate to have the surgery. Do check out the opthamologist and be sure you have a well respected one and then enjoy the results.

Edit: Oh and to bones, my night vision had deteriorated to the point I was literally dangerous driving at night and had completely given it up. A couple of weeks after my cataract surgery, my aunt called at midnight one night needing a ride home from the hospital--couldn't get a cab. Without thinking, I headed out to get her and was driving along the freeway and realized I was seeing everything. Great night vision for the first time in years.

It really is a miracle surgery.

Last edited:
My mom had it done a couple years ago when she was 86. She was at the point where she was blinded by a low Sun, and couldn't drive in the morning or at sunset. She had each eye done at different times, about one month apart, and both times it was a quick procedure, and recovery very quick (patch over the eye for a few days). Her vision is probably better than mine now (and 2 years later it's still the same). They've gotten very good at the procedure. Not like the old days.

Last edited:
Has anyone here had cataract surgery. If so I'll be interested in your thoughts on the subject.

Friend of mine had it.

His vision improved stupendously.

Not always a good idea. My wife had both eyes done earlier this year and now I can't get out of the house without being color coordinated. She never noticed if my socks matched by shirt before.

When the natural lens in eye have be become cloudy or you have blurry view from lens enhancement is removed and replace with a new artificial lens which is called intraocular lens to restore the clear vision. That is called cataract surgery but its not painful today's because doctors use latest high technology laser machines for this purpose.

Forum List

Back