Cat Stevens?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Anyone remember him? Yeah, he was banned from US for some 'unreasonable causes', he is interviewed. Links at site:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=23893_Cat_Stevens_Refuses_to_Denounce_Hamas&only

Cat Stevens Refuses to Denounce Hamas

In this Sunday’s New York Times, Deborah Solomon interviews Islamopop star Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam, aka Yusuf—and the way he answers questions about his support for terrorists is incredibly revealing in its shifty evasiveness: Trying to Get Cat Stevens To Back or Bash Hamas. (Hat tip: NJDhockeyfan.)

But then she raises the obviously still touchy issue of attempts abroad to link him to funding various extremist groups, including Hamas. He had just said he still sells about 1.5 million albums a year netting him a small fortune. What does he think of Hamas?

“That’s an extremely loaded question,” he replies. Pressed further, he says, “I have never supported a terrorist group or any group that did other than charity and good to humankind.”

Solomon responds by saying, fine, but many Americans would like moderate Muslims, such as himself, to denounce the extremists. Wouldn’t he at least say he has “contempt” for Hamas?

“I wouldn’t put those words in my mouth,” he complains. “I wouldn’t say anything on that issue. I’m here to talk about peace. I’m a man who does want peace for this world,” says the man who wrote “Peace Train,” adding, “and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”​

“and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”

There ya go then! Sums up the whole entertainment boob wanna be’s for me.

Gawd I hate difficult questions! But...here are the answers!:rofl:

There ya go then! Sums up the whole entertainment boob wanna be’s for me.

Gawd I hate difficult questions! But...here are the answers!:rofl:

Yeah, especially when funding terrorists.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz68vipCPjQ&feature=player_embedded]Mad TV - Yusuf Islam (Cat stephens) - YouTube[/ame]

Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens): "I'm praying to Allah to give us victory over the kuffar"

7/13

Today on Ummah.com, a poster called "ahaneefah" posted two "Classic Yusuf Islam Nasheeds without Music." A nasheed is a song praising Allah or Islam in some way. Nasheeds are usually sung a cappella or with percussion accompaniment only, and according to most Islamic authorities they're the only kind of music allowed under Islamic law.

Anyway, the post was interesting for several reasons. One was the first response, in which poster "Rainyday" says: "I was a fan of Cat Stevens before I converted to Islam. Don't listen now as obvs music is haram."

"Obvs music is haram"? Really? And yet whenever I publish the Islamic texts that establish that music is haram (forbidden), Muslims write to me and say I'm an ignorant, greasy Islamophobe and that Islam doesn't forbid music. So apparently this poor "Rainyday" character is a Misunderstander of Islam, led away into "misconceptions" of Islam that he somehow picked up from "Islamophobes."

Another noteworthy element of this post comes at minute 2:02 of the first nasheed (video above), where Yusuf Islam, the former Cat Stevens, sings:

What are you saying?
What are you saying?
I'm praying to Allah
To give us victory
Over the kuffar.

"I'm praying to Allah to give us victory over the kuffar" (unbelievers)? When have you ever heard a Jew or a Christian praying for victory over the unbelievers? The supremacism and hatred is open and unapologetic, and especially piquant coming the former Mr. Peace Train himself, who has for years cultivated an image as a benign, peaceful, cuddly, peace-and-love-hippie Muslim.

Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens): "I'm praying to Allah to give us victory over the kuffar" - Jihad Watch

Anyone remember him? Yeah, he was banned from US for some 'unreasonable causes', he is interviewed.”

I don't really pay attention to him. The local rock station stopped playing him because he is against freedom.

I saw some muslims at college with a table set up with literature and they gloat over the Cat Stevens tract where he converted to Islam. I don't hold that sentiment so my reaction was, "so what".

Anyone remember him? Yeah, he was banned from US for some 'unreasonable causes', he is interviewed. Links at site:

Cat Stevens Refuses to Denounce Hamas - Little Green Footballs

In this Sunday’s New York Times, Deborah Solomon interviews Islamopop star Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam, aka Yusuf—and the way he answers questions about his support for terrorists is incredibly revealing in its shifty evasiveness: Trying to Get Cat Stevens To Back or Bash Hamas. (Hat tip: NJDhockeyfan.)

But then she raises the obviously still touchy issue of attempts abroad to link him to funding various extremist groups, including Hamas. He had just said he still sells about 1.5 million albums a year netting him a small fortune. What does he think of Hamas?

“That’s an extremely loaded question,” he replies. Pressed further, he says, “I have never supported a terrorist group or any group that did other than charity and good to humankind.”

Solomon responds by saying, fine, but many Americans would like moderate Muslims, such as himself, to denounce the extremists. Wouldn’t he at least say he has “contempt” for Hamas?

“I wouldn’t put those words in my mouth,” he complains. “I wouldn’t say anything on that issue. I’m here to talk about peace. I’m a man who does want peace for this world,” says the man who wrote “Peace Train,” adding, “and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”
Hate mongers can never comprehend men of peace!

There are no words, I can use
Because the meaning still leaves for you to choose
And I couldn't stand to let them be abused, by you.
- Cat Stevens, The Foreigner Suite

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsUAorANgs]The foreigner suite by Cat Stevens - YouTube[/ame]

“I wouldn’t put those words in my mouth,” he complains. “I wouldn’t say anything on that issue. I’m here to talk about peace. I’m a man who does want peace for this world,” says the man who wrote “Peace Train,” adding, “and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsUAorANgs]The foreigner suite by Cat Stevens - YouTube[/ame]

edthecynic, you're​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bk2MrMGaA]Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick - YouTube[/ame]

...:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

That was Cat Stevens before he became Yusuf Islam.

People - and their povs/beliefs - can change.

He was for peace, he claims he is for peace now. Makes one wonder why doesn't he denounce terrorists, denounce the extremists.

This is a 6 year old thread A.J. Dude, what are you doing?

I tried to find an older one, anybody got a beef send a pm to the doctorsout, he'll take care of it...:eusa_shifty:

smiley-bong-750-p[ekm]190x190[ekm].jpg

That was Cat Stevens before he became Yusuf Islam.

People - and their povs/beliefs - can change.

He was for peace, he claims he is for peace now. Makes one wonder why doesn't he denounce terrorists, denounce the extremists.
He already answered that, both in an interview and in song.

He answered LONG ago when he publically stated that he supported
the execution of Salman Rushdie-------he characterized HIS concept
of peace and justice. Cat Stevens is no mystery-----he is---very simply
---an islamist. ---Anyone interested in what he supports-----ask me----
I have relatives who survived "DAR AL ISLAM" -------every beheading
and every rape ----accomplished for the cause of "PEACE"

there is not a word in the song that is inconsistent with a totalitarian ideologue
------totalitarian ideologies have been responsible for virtually every genocide in
the history of the planet---

dangerous words in the song "there is only ONE freedom for you"

<<<<< that suggests a totalitarian ideologue

New Topics

Forum List

Back