Cat Lovers Thread

Funny-Cat-Facts.jpg

I had a Manx who would ride in a backpack when I rode my bicycle. "Bobbi" was phenomenal. We did hospice visits at an elderly hospice. He would visit with those elderly folk, sitting placidly on their laps and accepting their affection. He is missed.

Most cats don't like any kind of motion, it's neat that you could get him to ride with you on the bike. The people at my aunt's nursing home get all excited when they see children, I can't imagine how excited they would be to see a pet cat or dog.
Folks loved Bobbi. He was a super mellow kitty and loved everybody. He wouldn't jump up on a lap until invited, but then he'd stay as long as he was wanted.
I had another cat, a Siamese, way back when I lived in Germany. He used to go hiking with me. He'd follow along the trail, or dash ahead, always staying within sight. If he "lost" me, he'd sit and howl until he was found again. When he got tired, he'd hop into the rucksack and ride until he was rested. What was really cool, Germans could bring their well-behaved dogs into eating establishments. Often, after a hike, I'd stop someplace and get dinner. I'd bring Florian in in his backpack, and he'd settle quietly on the seat beside me. People were often quite shocked when my little "doggie" turned out to be something unexpected. I've been blessed with some cool feline companions throughout my life.

I had a Manx who would ride in a backpack when I rode my bicycle. "Bobbi" was phenomenal. We did hospice visits at an elderly hospice. He would visit with those elderly folk, sitting placidly on their laps and accepting their affection. He is missed.

Most cats don't like any kind of motion, it's neat that you could get him to ride with you on the bike. The people at my aunt's nursing home get all excited when they see children, I can't imagine how excited they would be to see a pet cat or dog.
Folks loved Bobbi. He was a super mellow kitty and loved everybody. He wouldn't jump up on a lap until invited, but then he'd stay as long as he was wanted.
I had another cat, a Siamese, way back when I lived in Germany. He used to go hiking with me. He'd follow along the trail, or dash ahead, always staying within sight. If he "lost" me, he'd sit and howl until he was found again. When he got tired, he'd hop into the rucksack and ride until he was rested. What was really cool, Germans could bring their well-behaved dogs into eating establishments. Often, after a hike, I'd stop someplace and get dinner. I'd bring Florian in in his backpack, and he'd settle quietly on the seat beside me. People were often quite shocked when my little "doggie" turned out to be something unexpected. I've been blessed with some cool feline companions throughout my life.

Our two outdoor cats are so funny. We have acreage and sometimes we like to walk around with our coffee and inspect the different parts of our yard. Like clockwork, Smoky and Tiger will follow us around. And they are the "aloof" cats that we rescued from our neighbors, at a time when they were already used to being outside and free, and almost feral, and they won't let you hold them or even pet them. But they walk behind us, if we stop, they stop, lie down and as soon as we start moving, they do too! :)

I didn't have very much love for my cats this morning. Nothing like a refreshing night's sleep, walking down the stair the stairs still groggy, and then...squish, right into to wet chunky pile of vomit. Thank goodness I was barefoot. lol

I love the hell of that them but it was an unpleasant start to the day.

Our two outdoor cats are so funny. We have acreage and sometimes we like to walk around with our coffee and inspect the different parts of our yard. Like clockwork, Smoky and Tiger will follow us around. And they are the "aloof" cats that we rescued from our neighbors, at a time when they were already used to being outside and free, and almost feral, and they won't let you hold them or even pet them. But they walk behind us, if we stop, they stop, lie down and as soon as we start moving, they do too! :)
They just want to make sure you leave when you're done.

I'm out milking the goats this afternoon and hear a faint, small kitty voice calling. I step out of my milking stall and there is a tiny kitten, perhaps 4-5 weeks old. I step around the corner of the building and momma cat runs into the brush. She stays there. The little guy scuttled into the barn and hid him/herself. I had just put fresh milk into their bowl, so I suppose momma was bringing the little guy in for dinner. The ferals will not let me near them, that's normal. But I feed them dry kibble and fresh goat milk daily. They are healthy and still keep my mouse population under control. I'm not sure what will happen to the feral cats when I move on. The neighbor feeds them, too, but he feeds a different group.

Forum List

Back