Cat Lovers Thread

adorable baby LOL! just for fun :up:

Tactical assault cat!

1693708086694.png

A Certain Orange Cat has taken to hanging out in this cabinet under the kitchen sink.

ZSC_8235-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpenG2163x3500.jpg
ZSC_8234-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpenG2400x3884.jpg

Seanette had me install magnetic latches on this and other cabinets to keep him out. It worked for a while, but he has since gained enough strength to open the cabinet in spite of these latches.

We've taken to putting heavy objects to block the cabinet closed, but he's grown strong enough to move these objects.

I guess, if we're determined to keep him out, I'll have to install a different sort of latch that locks in a positive way, requiring a mechanism to be operated in order to open it. But who's to say that Buddy isn't clever enough that he'd figure out how to work that mechanism?

Perhaps what we really need to do is to change what is arranged how inside this cabinet. Along with a bunch of things that we fear could be hazardous to a cat, there is a pile of dish towels that Buddy apparently finds a very comfortable place to rest. He likes that, as a nesting place, so much that it drives his strength and determination to get at it in spite of Seanette's and my efforts to keep him out of that cabinet. Maybe we just need to put the dish towels elsewhere, and arrange the contest of that cabinet so that it doesn't provide any place that Buddy will find so comfortable.

A Certain Orange Cat has taken to hanging out in this cabinet under the kitchen sink.

View attachment 825229 View attachment 825228

Seanette had me install magnetic latches on this and other cabinets to keep him out. It worked for a while, but he has since gained enough strength to open the cabinet in spite of these latches.

We've taken to putting heavy objects to block the cabinet closed, but he's grown strong enough to move these objects.

I guess, if we're determined to keep him out, I'll have to install a different sort of latch that locks in a positive way, requiring a mechanism to be operated in order to open it. But who's to say that Buddy isn't clever enough that he'd figure out how to work that mechanism?

Perhaps what we really need to do is to change what is arranged how inside this cabinet. Along with a bunch of things that we fear could be hazardous to a cat, there is a pile of dish towels that Buddy apparently finds a very comfortable place to rest. He likes that, as a nesting place, so much that it drives his strength and determination to get at it in spite of Seanette's and my efforts to keep him out of that cabinet. Maybe we just need to put the dish towels elsewhere, and arrange the contest of that cabinet so that it doesn't provide any place that Buddy will find so comfortable.
Ah yes, the defiant cat.

My previous cat learned how to open the top sock drawer by my bed and pilfer my socks. He would also pilfer socks out of my laundry basket. I ended up swapping the drawers out for something heavier.

Scamper13x006.jpg

Scamper, the sock thief

The odd soft-focus effect is semi-intentional. I was using my ancient (c. late 1960s to early 1970s) Vivitar 85-205mm ƒ/3.8 TELE-ZOOM lens, which produces this odd effect when it is wide-open. At smaller apertures, it's much sharper, but at wide apertures (I had it open all the way at ƒ/3.8) it produces this odd effects that I want to describe as “dreamy”.

This was from three different shots, taken at three different focus settings and focus-stacked into one image, to increase depth-of-field.

ZSC_8276--8278-8280-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen_3559x2542.jpg

Do you know what a pinna is? Where and what is Henry's Pocket?
This latest Jackson Galaxy video will examine cat traits regarding their ears...

Flattened, Radar, Airplane Ears: What are Your Cat's Ears Trying to Tell You?​

You know Skye, if you love animals, you should look for an over the air channel called TBD. I get it for free. Every afternoon, they carry a few hours of the absolute funniest, best animal video series ever called Animals Unscripted. 100% solid packed with hilarity. No filler.

Thank you for that! I will certainly have a look at it!:up:

This short video made me miss my Maine Coon, Prince Harry (hit by a car). They are the best of the cat world

Forum List

Back