Car Fans?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I love seeing this show up in the mail:

IMG_1528.jpg

This year they've got 4,050 cars consigned, which will make this the largest auto auction ever held anywhere in the world. It'll be 11 days of auction madness. If you've never seen one, it's a spectacle. A couple of years ago they auctioned off the 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback that Steve McQueen drove in the movie "Bullitt" for a cool $3.74 million:

1968 Ford Mustang GT "Bullitt" – The hero car from the iconic movie "Bullitt" • Driven by Steve McQueen

ma18.jpg

ma03.jpg

This year, it looks as though there could be two stars of the show. One is a 1992 Ferarri F40, which is expected to fetch as high as $4 million:

1992 Ferrari F40

The second looks like it could end up being a 1959 Porsche 718 RSK Center Seat, which is also expected to climb close to $4 million:

1959 Porsche 718

I cover this auction every year, and each year seems to be tenfold better than the last.

Anyone else into these car auctions?

I watch them but I really don't have a lot of interest to attend one.

I love seeing this show up in the mail:

View attachment 741717

This year they've got 4,050 cars consigned, which will make this the largest auto auction ever held anywhere in the world. It'll be 11 days of auction madness. If you've never seen one, it's a spectacle. A couple of years ago they auctioned off the 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback that Steve McQueen drove in the movie "Bullitt" for a cool $3.74 million:

1968 Ford Mustang GT "Bullitt" – The hero car from the iconic movie "Bullitt" • Driven by Steve McQueen

View attachment 741719
View attachment 741720

This year, it looks as though there could be two stars of the show. One is a 1992 Ferarri F40, which is expected to fetch as high as $4 million:

1992 Ferrari F40

The second looks like it could end up being a 1959 Porsche 718 RSK Center Seat, which is also expected to climb close to $4 million:

1959 Porsche 718

I cover this auction every year, and each year seems to be tenfold better than the last.

Anyone else into these car auctions?

I attend the Monterey auctions every year.

Amelia Island used to be a regular too, but once I hit 70 I stopped making that trip.

I attend the Monterey auctions every year.

Amelia Island used to be a regular too, but once I hit 70 I stopped making that trip.

I cover that every year, as well. It's only about an hour up the road...

Forum List

Back